• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Joe Mad jr is awesome, but he really should be on a X-Men title, his style fits better there I think

Damn, new issue of Low was excellent.

Can I just say that Doctor Strange continues to be one of my favorite Marvel comics at the moment? Last issue was brutal!

Also loving Vision, and Sheriff of Babylon and Unfollow over at DC/Vertigo. Really good stuff.

Strange has been fantastic so far, and Bachalo's art works perfectly for the book. I've also been enjoying Vision immensely. It's a much darker book than I was expecting before ANAD began. I thought it would be a slice-of-life hijinks book, but it turned out to be a much more thoughtful comic than that.

As for DC, have you checked out Clean Room? I've found that to be a very intriguing book so far.

ANAD Vision vs ANAD Dr Strange books in a knife fight. Who wins?

Mrs. Vision. No question. She stone cold.

TheFlow

Banned
Veronica Fish is now confirmed to be the new ongoing artist for Archie. That is great news, also the archie tv show on Cw has already casted Jughead and betty. interesting choices

Messi

Damn, new issue of Low was excellent.

Strange has been fantastic so far, and Bachalo's art works perfectly for the book. I've also been enjoying Vision immensely. It's a much darker book than I was expecting before ANAD began. I thought it would be a slice-of-life hijinks book, but it turned out to be a much more thoughtful comic than that.

As for DC, have you checked out Clean Room? I've found that to be a very intriguing book so far.

Mrs. Vision. No question. She stone cold.

Are you saying Slice of Life can't be thoughtful? I think Strangers in Paradise and Sunstone are pretty thoughtful.

Messi

I wouldn't know. I'm too busy not reading it.

giphy.gif

Joe Mad jr is awesome, but he really should be on a X-Men title, his style fits better there I think

Wait, there's a Joe Mad Jr.?

Starfire #9 was charming as ever; book weathered the change in artists nicely. I prefer Lupacchino on a technical level, but Charretier's style fits the book as well (if not better). No complaints.

Story was fun too!

Messi

Wait, there's a Joe Mad Jr.?

Starfire #9 was charming as ever; book weathered the change in artists nicely. I prefer Lupacchino on a technical level, but Charretier's style fits the book as well (if not better). No complaints.

Story was fun too!

They are talking about Rafa Sandoval

MG310

I finally got the MGS5 Platinum trophy and now I can do that comic reading thing again.
Until Tuesday when Street Fighter comes out

228 hours, 5 minutes, 11 seconds.

MartyStu

Ultimates 4

So there are apparently people who do not love Racofort...

Anyone care to explain this to me?

Anyhow, this looks like it is a stealth Blue Marvel book. This is good.

Messi

Ultimates 4

Art is subjective. Nit everyone is going to dig the same artists. Nor should they. That would be boring.

Ultimates has been great.

You gotta sell it to me, man. What's it about? How's the art? Any good waifus?

The art is good....no waifus though, sorry

The creator of fake-twitter is dying. In his last moments, he decides to donate his ridiculous wealth to 140 users...many of them the kind of loopy personalities one can find on Twitter. The catch is the wealth is redistributed among the survivors if any of the 140 die...so if there were, hypothetically, 1 person left they would get everything. So we are watching these "internet famous" people interacting under these circumstances. There is a supernatural element as well but its nature isn't fully clear yet.

Apologies for the brevity, I hate typing on this tablet.

Ultimates 4

Some people are still holding a grudge against him cuz they believe he played a part in the things that went wrong in the New 52. Dcwomenkickingass refuses to read the book despite liking everything about the book cuz he's doing art. It's ridiculous considering that Rocafort has never once opened his mouth and disrespected anyone in the 5 years he's worked.

Messi

Guys, I failed you. I didn't get chosen to be a new mod :(. I am very sorry. I would have treated you all right and fairly.

Guys, I failed you. I didn't get chosen to be a new mod :(. I am very sorry. I would have treated you all right and fairly.
I was a mod on the IGN boards back in the early 2000 days (Focused on comic, Final Fantasy and PlayStation boards). Never again would I ever want to be a moderator.

I think I wanna start reading up some comics. What's the best place to go? I want to go all digital, is comixology the best place to go for comics? Can I use it on my ipad, my mom's nexus tablet, my personal nexus phone, my laptop, and my work iphone? Do I have to download the file on my device or does it just stream over the web?

Initially, I think I just want to start with the walking dead, but if I go with comixology, there's a lot of freebies out there, any of those worth a look?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think I wanna start reading up some comics. What's the best place to go? I want to go all digital, is comixology the best place to go for comics? Can I use it on my ipad, my mom's nexus tablet, my personal nexus phone, my laptop, and my work iphone?

Initially, I think I just want to start with the walking dead, but if I go with comixology, there's a lot of freebies out there, any of those worth a look?

Yeah Comixology is the best way to do digital. It will work with you iPhone, iPad, and laptop for sure. Not sure about the Nexus devices.

With The Walking Dead tv show starting up again this weekend there is a decent chance that Comixology will have a sale on the comic coming up.

Messi

Yo this month's Silk was amazing. Veronica Fish nailed the art and really got that Stacey Lee feeling that the book has been missing. I don't mind tana ford but her art doesn't suit this book.

Story is fun and silk is really funny at times. Nice touching scene in the middle
When Silk wants to go ice skating with her dad once more before she gets locked up in solitary confinement because of her Spider powers.
. The final page got me excited for the next issue too. Fish is doing the art on that too.

Yeah Comixology is the best way to do digital. It will work with you iPhone, iPad, and laptop for sure. Not sure about the Nexus devices.

With The Walking Dead tv show starting up again this weekend there is a decent chance that Comixology will have a sale on the comic coming up.

Thanks. One last question, do I need to download the file to my device or does it stream over the web?

Owzers

A new coat of paint.

This is a great slogan.

I read Doctor Strange #5: I'm still kinda iffy on this story arc, though i do like what's going on with
Wong and his secret monks of taking Strange Pain.
I think Aaron should have implemented the other magic users a little better, they seem too after-thoughty.

Messi

This is a great slogan.

I read Doctor Strange #5: I'm still kinda iffy on this story arc, though i do like what's going on with
Wong and his secret monks of taking Strange Pain.
I think Aaron should have implemented the other magic users a little better, they seem too after-thoughty.

Do you enjoy Bachalos art? For me it's some of his best art. It's just wonderful.

Top Bottom