• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

VanWinkle

IST order came in today. Yahoo!

a2NakCv.jpg

Oh WOW. Heck of a haul there, man.

I really can't decide how I feel about Catwoman #49. On the one hand, the things it does well it does VERY well. There's a fantastic noir crime story in there. On the other hand, the art is pretty middling. On another, third hand (MUTANT AND PROUD), it's kind of a throwback. The tone of the DC villain side of things hasn't felt this... simple in a long time. Riddler chasing after bounty money isn't really something I'd expect to see in a modern comic. And Croc... ugh.

Gonna stick with it because, like I said, there's a very cool story in there, but it feels like the author is writing a different book than the one I'm buying.

PsychBat!

Banned
Time to read New Romancer #3. Gotta know if I'll drop this or not.

Edit: And dropped! Wow that pacing and random plot points was just utter nonsense.
Also this person likes to draw pepperoni nipples.

Owzers

The Ultimates #2 was a little weird, i'll see where it goes.

I need your help figuring out how this idolmaster waifu stuff works. I found one I like, now what's next?

See if it likes you back.

Edit: I usually don't rent movies that are based on true stories but i'm giving The Martian a try.

PsychBat!

Banned
Man, No Mercy #7 is just sort of all over the place with it's tone and art. Cute art and facial expressions but everyone in this have situations going on that would make anyone shit their fucking pants.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can someone tell me some more Mrs. Vision shenanigans since issue 1?

Yo what

That last one :eek:

Some dude taped her killing Reaper and lured her to his house threatening her that he'd release it if she didn't take her family and leave town. She refused, he pulled a gun. She freaked him out and he fired right as his son was coming down the stairs asking what was going on. She phased, boom. Son dead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does she have a name or is it actually Mrs.Vision? Lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Some dude taped her killing Reaper and lured her to his house threatening her that he'd release it if she didn't take her family and leave town. She refused, he pulled a gun. She freaked him out and he fired right as his son was coming down the stairs asking what was going on. She phased, boom. Son dead.

How delightfully evil!

so pretty good?
Yeah definitely worth it in my opinion. You already know what Deadpool is like so if that appeals to you then you will really enjoy it. You can tell Reynolds and Miller really care about it.

Is it mostly a comedy than an action movie?
Yeah don't go in expecting a very good action movie. The set pieces aren't very impressive and you can kind of see where the budget restricts the movie in places.

Vader #16 was great. Nice continuation of the annual story. I was hoping Gillen would revisit Shu-Torin at some point. That final page was cold, but anything else would have been wrong.
Please don't kill Aphra.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I like Vaders attitude towards the Emporer. "Eat a dick old man".

Top Bottom