• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

I started reading AXIS. It isn't terrible so far, but it definitely should not have been a mass event like they did. I can already see that it went severely wrong there, but onward. Haven't had the personality swaps yet.

EDIT: Ah, never mind. "And because ypu're a murdering villain, these hero-killing sentinels were not programmed to deal with you," is officially one of the dumbest sentences I've read in a comic. Oooooooo the downward spiral accelerates.
IST order came in today. Yahoo!

a2NakCv.jpg
Hellboy and Bendis' Uncanny X-Men? All you need right there.
So does Iron Man have any really good/definitive run?
Invincible Iron Man has been pretty good. Superior Iron Man was decent. It's fun seeing Tony being a complete douchebag with zero inhibitions.

Tizoc

Hardly reading anything these past few weeks, nothing from Marvel or DC has been interesting me.

I will say though that the latest Vision issue, #4, was interesting, although TBH
Was she unable to detect that there was another person in the household and they were awake? Or did Vision limit their sensing capabilities?

Darth Vader #16 was good, but Vader's apathy is grating on me, sorta feels...forced for the sake of it.

Transformers MTMTE 49 was entertaining and man poor Skids.

kmfdmpig

If you enjoy Starfire definitely check out Power Girl: Power Trip if you haven't already! It's already completed but Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner both worked on it so it has a similar tone. It's really good! Atlee is in it too, she's Peej's BFF.

Yes. That was one of my favorites along with Zatanna.

ElNarez

Banned
Some dude taped her killing Reaper and lured her to his house threatening her that he'd release it if she didn't take her family and leave town. She refused, he pulled a gun. She freaked him out and he fired right as his son was coming down the stairs asking what was going on. She phased, boom. Son dead.

You forgot the best/worst part.

That kid who died? IT'S THE ONE HER DAUGHTER WAS STARTING TO HAVE A CRUSH ON.

shingi70

Banned
Rebirth is never actually happening, who the fuck goes three weeks without an announcement after testing one. Shit like this is why Marvel dominates DC all day long.

shingi70

Banned
Pretty sure the solicits this month will make it clear.

And yet they're taking a beating in PR with all these writers confirming they're leaving and whatnot. Everyone knows what's up so why try to string it along espicslly after the big BC leak.

Reading people diss Erica Henderson's art gets me mad.

BAD OPINIONS™

Bad perhaps, but right all the same.

She's got a very distinctive look and style that she executes on very well without fail and it rubs me all kinds of wrong ways to look at it. Just not visually appealing on any level.

Not good in Squirrel Girl, not good in Jughead, not good in Real Science Adventures.

Messi

And yet they're taking a beating in PR with all these writers confirming they're leaving and whatnot. Everyone knows what's up so why try to string it along espicslly after the big BC leak.

Are we taking BCs word as gospel still? Maybe they are letting creators end on their own terms. Only batman and Starfire announced ends right? Tom King implied stuff.

It won't matter when they announce it tho.

Owzers

Rebirth now.....need comic news now.....need brains....zzzzzzzzzzzlajakjfalfj. Either Rebirth needs to be announced for real or Hearthstone needs standard mode now, something has to happen asap.

Sat- Republican Debate
Sun- Walking Dead returns.

Both will probably be kinda dumb but entertaining.

I started Return of the Living Deadpool, first two issues on MU. I think Night of the Living Deadpool was a bit better since sequels to goofy stuff can be iffy but i'm still enjoying it, i like the art style with deadpool being the only one in color, it contrasts well and is consistently moody, i hope the next two issues finish well because this stuff is the best made-for-tv zombie entertainment around lately.

ElNarez

Banned
Just realized the new Darth Vader is about basically securing a supply line and if this is gonna be Uber, but Star Wars I'm SO DOWN

Rebirth is never actually happening, who the fuck goes three weeks without an announcement after testing one. Shit like this is why Marvel dominates DC all day long.

Yeah it is annoying and I'm not even expecting an announcement until solicits now, making the teasing virtually pointless (maybe even harmful) since we're waiting for the solicits anyways.

Zombine

Banned

I will take a hypothetical rebirth over a clearly defined Civil War any day of the week. At least I still have hope, which is what Superman is all about.

USAFlagGlitterEagleTubeAnimated.gif

Bad perhaps, but right all the same.

She's got a very distinctive look and style that she executes on very well without fail and it rubs me all kinds of wrong ways to look at it. Just not visually appealing on any level.

Not good in Squirrel Girl, not good in Jughead, not good in Real Science Adventures.

Henderson is real good and especially adept at handling and executing humor and in the future, when kids are reading textbooks about how Squirrel Girl saved comics, they'll find posts like these in those little side bars titled 'super wrong opinions in history'

Owzers

from action figure-gaf-gaf.

DCC-Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn-768x759.jpg

There's no way this doesn't end up an abomination but i'm intrigued at a lower cost suicide harley than the $100 statue

Owzers

that Harley figure might be 6'' for $45 and releasing in 2017, but it has a lot of articulation....

statue looking better....though it's still less money. 2017!

Owzers

^^^ that's the one that soured me on figure pre-orders. I didn't pre-order despite wanting it and was going to get it from Amazon but decide to look up pictures of it....

Okay now I've reached the part of AXIS that's the real garbage. Kluh.
You're fine. You do need to read All New for a while though because they cross over pretty explicitly.
First two ANXM trades and then Battle of the Atom.

Although I should think you could just jump in to it without issue, but reading ANXM and BotA helps a lot.

Top Bottom