• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Sadist

All-New All-Different Avengers #5
This book...It feels so average. I don't like Kid Nova, and SamCap is an uncharacteristically huge dick in this. It's ridiculous. But then it ropes me in with the plot, because goddamn I am intrigued. Crafty bastards. I'm betting
the Vision is infected with something.
Only thing that makes sense, to me.
Makes the book worth it. Regarding Vision...
Ultron is coming home. Maybe he's fidgeting around with his systems. Or, lol, maybe he was taken over by his murdering wife hue hue hue

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm almost done with team books.

Dropped:
All X-Men team books
ANAD Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
New Avengers

Considering dropping:
Ultimates (if Ewing insists on throwing interesting ideas at me without actually doing anything interesting and without characters being interesting at all, then welp).

Still reading:

Squadron Supreme
Web Warriors

Owzers

I'm feeling the same way about Ultimates, i'm not buying any other team book currently. I'm going to give Black Panther and Gwenpool a try in April.

mreddie

Considering 3/4 teams are going to Standoff, and I do want to see what the fudge happens, I'll have to stick with them. ANAD Avengers since we are heading to the AN Wasp angle.

Ultimates/New Avengers I want to like but it lacks moments like Mighty Avengers/Loki

Owzers

Considering 3/4 teams are going to Standoff, and I do want to see what the fudge happens, I'll have to stick with them. ANAD Avengers since we are heading to the AN Wasp angle.

Ultimates/New Avengers I want to like but it lacks moments like Mighty Avengers/Loki

Spoilers: you spend $24 and then question your comic buying decisions.

I have not even seen that before. Gonna have to check it out.
I'm almost done with team books.

Dropped:
All X-Men team books
ANAD Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
New Avengers

Considering dropping:
Ultimates (if Ewing insists on throwing interesting ideas at me without actually doing anything interesting and without characters being interesting at all, then welp).

Still reading:

Squadron Supreme
Web Warriors

What about Guardians of the Galaxy? :p

Only ongoing team book I'm reading is Justice League and I'm enjoying it. I'm sure BPRD is the best one on the stands too but I need to start Hell on Earth still.

PsychBat!

Banned
tumblr_nvdo08srwo1ut0qv5o1_1280.jpg
Waiting for this beauty of a story to be done so I can buy the floppies and the hardcover.

VanWinkle

Going to be another snowy night. Perfect for comic reading. I wonder if it will be bad enough for me to call off work in the morning. We shall see.

gabbo

Finally finished Sunstone vol3.
Laughed a lot more than I expected, though I'm not sure how I feel about the relationship going forward. Feels like he's going to drop it into obvious sitcom/tv drama territory with Lisa and Ally not being able to come clean about being gay and what their relationship actually means to each other. Still, didn't want to put it down and I'm really enjoying it overall.

Also, not that I mind, but almost all the women are drawn exactly the same: tall, thin, large breasted, with slight facial variation and different hair styles/colours. I was hoping it would take a less stereotypical comic book approach to the female character designs, especially as more characters were intrroduced, but I guess not. At least the guys look vastly different.

Moving on to the Green Arrow hardcover, and Lemire does not disappoint (though I'm like one issues worth of story in and am lost as hell, having never read Green Arrow before).
Also, will get to Wicked and the Divine vol3 as soon as I can, have been waiting months for this one.

Hope Beauty and Howard the Duck can continie being great as well.

Messi

Finally finished Sunstone vol3.
Laughed a lot more than I expected, though I'm not sure how I feel about the relationship going forward. Feels like he's going to drop it into obvious sitcom/tv drama territory with Lisa and Ally not being able to come clean about being gay and what their relationship actually means to each other. Still, didn't want to put it down and I'm really enjoying it overall.

Also, not that I mind, but almost all the women are drawn exactly the same: tall, thin, large breasted, with slight facial variation and different hair styles/colours. I was hoping it would take a less stereotypical comic book approach to the female character designs, especially as more characters were intrroduced, but I guess not. At least the guys look vastly different.

Moving on to the Green Arrow hardcover, and Lemire does not disappoint (though I'm like one issues worth of story in and am lost as hell, having never read Green Arrow before).
Also, will get to Wicked and the Divine vol3 as soon as I can, have been waiting months for this one.

Hope Beauty and Howard the Duck can continie being great as well.

Sunstone is going to shift focus to a different couple at the end of vol 5 btw.

Anyone else reading ANAD Weirdworld? I am loving all the characters and #3 was especially great. Del Mundos art is stunning as usual. Real sad that it isn't selling well.

Boogiepop

Just one more heads up in case my message got missed: That Valentine's day Archie 50% off code on Comixology applies to the Mega Man and Sonic stuff from them too. The Mega Man at least is amazing and I'd definitely freely recommend it to anyone who's interested (and the same goes for at least the Sonic stuff post reboot, I'd say).

Zombine

Banned
Sunstone is going to shift focus to a different couple at the end of vol 5 btw.

Anyone else reading ANAD Weirdworld? I am loving all the characters and #3 was especially great. Del Mundos art is stunning as usual. Real sad that it isn't selling well.

Del Mundo is freaking brilliant. Dude needs a hit lol

Sandfox

Just one more heads up in case my message got missed: That Valentine's day Archie 50% off code on Comixology applies to the Mega Man and Sonic stuff from them too. The Mega Man at least is amazing and I'd definitely freely recommend it to anyone who's interested (and the same goes for at least the Sonic stuff post reboot, I'd say).

Archie needs to lower the price of those Mega Man trades.

I'd be fine with Vision ending in 12 issues as long as it has a good ending. Could be the Superior Foes of ANAD Marvel. Only without Marvel trying to screw over its fans hopefully.

Wait, what?

Lol I'm exaggerating but they didn't really hide the fact that they were trying to milk its readers. It was always planned to have 15 issues and they upped the price before it ended with the excuse that it might help the series live longer or something IIRC. Normally $3.99 books come with digital codes too but they just never included them for one of the issues. They also just kinda released out two random filler issues without the main creative team in less than a month which was kind of weird.

Axis continues to get worse, for lo, Kid Nova will save us (fuck this character)!

Lawd in heaven
Makes the book worth it. Regarding Vision...
Ultron is coming home. Maybe he's fidgeting around with his systems. Or, lol, maybe he was taken over by his murdering wife hue hue hue
Oooooooooooooh

So is
Ultron what's driving Standoff?

Mindwipe

So I finished up to Volume 5 of Green Arrow. You can actually spot the point at which an editor at DC actually started reading the book when Nocenti was writing and what a disaster it was, and then obviously a mandate came down to make it like the TV series now. But at least at that point it's actually entertaining, so fair enough.

Now I have the complete run of Preacher. Observations so far -

1. It's really quite good (at least deep into Volume 2 as I am).
2. The art holds up really well compared to some books of it's age, the visual storytelling is pretty great and the inks are strong.
3. There's a lot of ****ing pages in these trades, this is gonna take a few weeks.

So, can someone explain why Kid Nova is so hated? Like, he irks me a bit, but I mostly find him to be average more than anything. I mostly just exaggerate for humor

Owzers

:( i think the storm may have affected my cable, i can't get USA or any of the main cable news networks. Why....why would this happen on RAW day?

Top Bottom