• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Deadpool pushed me over the edge. I finally subscribed to Marvel Unlimited to read some stuff. Currently reading Cable & Deadpool. Pretty cool so far.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
There was a time where Deadpool went on hiatus and the book became Agent X for a while. Those issues are well worth reading.

I really liked what Gail Simone was doing with Deadpool before the changeover to Agent X. The Alvin Lee art didn't hurt either.

I enjoyed Agent X too but it just wasn't quite the same.

Owzers

I'm dangerously close to not being able to tell if i'm pretending to support Trump or I'm actually starting to like Trump. He's attacking Cruz...that's all i ask for in politics.

Today is either Black Vortex or giving in to all this Deadpool talk and starting the Kelly series.

Messi

Wait, what? But... No other characters are good enough to carry this... :(

He is shifting focus around to the other couples in their friend circle. Ally and Lisa will still be big parts of it and won't be abandoned . Ally and Lisa are still the main characters but we will get to see these other relationships unfold. He is doing it to keep it fresh and expand on characters people have been asking him to. Like Marion and Alan.

I'd vouch Alan being good enough to carry the book for an arc.

There is only so long the stringing along the will they won't they thing will work. Eventually you need that payout or it just becomes an exercise in relationship drama. He knows what he is doing. Just like Obama.

Messi

I for one am shocked that bleeding cool would be wrong about this. But they totally covered their bases by saying it's a reboot that's not a reboot kinda sorta maybe reboot. We don't know. Click this link.

Owzers

I for one am shocked that bleeding cool would be wrong about this. But they totally covered their bases by saying it's a reboot that's not a reboot kinda sorta maybe reboot. We don't know. Click this link.

Maybe superman makes a deal with the devil that changes all of DC continuity and it's not technically a reboot.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Anyway, cant wait when DC starts to change their books to get them in line with the movies. So kinda what they did with BruceBatman.

VanWinkle

Good to hear they aren't tampering with continuity again. I don't even really care much about continuity or canon, but it just needlessly complicates things with a reboot.

Messi

Rebirth is a way to end/cancel some books and launch new books and make a big splash. Most likely all the #52 books are going to start over at #1

Calcium

Banned
They are bringing back Swamp Thing because they made a huge mistake ending the book last year.

Shut up, let me dream.

VanWinkle

yeah but you cant milk 20 headlines from that

Haha, pretty much.

It's kind of exciting though. Will be interesting to see some new creative teams, and hopefully some good ones on the currently poor runs. I really want them to shake it up a bit with some great talent. Marvel has a lot of great people working on their new series'.

Flash, Green Arrow, and Catwoman, for instance, all deserve teams that can do compelling stories and characterization. They've all had runs that showed the potential of their worlds and lore (Johns Flash, Waid Flash, Lemire GA, Grell GA, Brubaker Catwoman, etc).

Top Bottom