• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

I also appreciate what ang lee attempted, but it's still one of the goofiest superhero movies I've ever seen

hulk-2003-talbot-s-death-o.gif

can't unsee Thing. I haven't seen the film in like 8 years, right before TIH, have to give it a rewatch.

No DC solicits? Come on, dropping the ball hard here :|.

nvm here they are, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Erm, I dunno for sure since I haven't bought them yet, but this is what I saw in an Amazon review: "Warning: the first half of this book collects four parts of a seventeen-part crossover, the first of which is only available in the Green Lantern/New Gods Godhead collection. The editor has added a couple of summary pages to try to cover the gaps in the story, but it is still exceptionally hard to follow if you are only reading this collection."

And honestly, I don't care about that too much since I'll be picking up all the individual trades, but the part that burns me is the line "the first of which is only available in the Green Lantern/New Gods Godhead collection". Internet searching shows that the missing issue is "GREEN LANTERN/NEW GODS: GODHEAD #1", Maybe that issue isn't really necessary; maybe I'm too compulsive with trying to collect everything. Again, picking it up digitally means buying a single additional issue isn't too bad, but I was until recently picking them up in physical copies, and it would have really bothered me there. I have all the GL-related stuff from Rebirth up to the the New 52 vol 4s on my bookshelf, and the only thing they've left out of the collections so far is the Larfleeze Christmas Special.

TLDR: DC offers two options for Green Lantern trades, neither option is complete.

I wouldn't be worked up by it. That issue is only necessary assuming you're reading Godhead. Just to get the event kickstarted. If you don't want to read it, don't bother. Sounds like if the editor provides a recap, you should be fine.

STARMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 TP
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by TONY HARRIS, GENE HA, PHIL JIMENEZ, J.H. WILLIAMS III and others
Cover by TONY HARRIS

RESOLICIT • On sale JUNE 1 • 432 pg, FC, $29.99 US
In this third STARMAN volume collecting STARMAN #30-38, STARMAN ANNUAL #2 and STARMAN SECRET FILES #1, Opal City is terrorized by Dr. Pip, an eccentric bomber. Plus, Starman teams up with Batman to save the life of Solomon Grundy.
Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

Good job DC. Only 3 years after the previous volume.

SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK ONE TP
Written by MATT WAGNER
Art by GUY DAVIS, JOHN WATKISS and R.G. TAYLOR
Cover by GAVIN WILSON
On sale JUNE 15 • 320 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
In these noir tales from SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #1-12, millionaire Wesley Dodds becomes the Sandman to fight injustice in 1930s New York City, going after kidnappers, blackmailers and predators who prey on rich socialites.

Good job DC. Only 6 years after stopping the previous run half way through. Why not start at v1 again. And after I collected all the individual issues...

Still going to buy it though.

ElNarez

Banned
did a lil ctrl+f on DC's may solicits for "final issue" and this is what I found

BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #6
Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by DAVID HAHN and KARL KESEL
Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
On sale MAY 25 • 32 pg, FC, 6 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST
Final issue! Trapped at the bottom of the sea, surrounded by the deadliest villains of Gotham City—all led by the most diabolical criminal mastermind of the age! How can Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Napoleon and Illya possibly survive the deepest deathtrap of all? Impossible—unless some of the villains happen to be double agents...
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are ™ and © DC Comics. THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. and all related characters and elements are © and ™ Turner Entertainment Co. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

aaaaaaand that's it

it's not a reboot

it's not a relaunch

it's rebirth

TheFlow

Banned
Low #3

the opening R rated scene gives saga a run for its money. The different amount of marine life, water suits, and 2 page spreads are brilliant in this issue.

love it

glad that they're returning to collecting Starman and Sandman: Mystery Theatre
did a lil ctrl+f on DC's may solicits for "final issue" and this is what I found

aaaaaaand that's it

it's not a reboot

it's not a relaunch

it's rebirth

Where the fuck is Batman '66/Avengers

There's been no word on it since it was announced

They didn't mark issues as final for whatever reason, we know Starfire is cancelled. A lot of those issues on the edge sounded like they were starting a new arc.

Rebirth news is apparently this week though, according to Johns.

TheFlow

Banned
Low #4

some unique characters were introduced and the villains remind me of a twisted FMA brothers.

also there seem be a diverse amount of species in this series which is awesome. Like imagine if Saga was underwater

TheFlow

Banned
Low #6

HORY SHIT this arc delivered but I am sad about this guy dying ---->
marik, but I am glad he went out as a respectable and brave person instead of a lil bitch

also the Salus suits aka Mechs are fucking powerful like Gundam powerful

I would prefer people only read one comic a day so that this place doesn't get filled up with comic impressions.
I will just do impressions per 3-4 issues instead so I don't flood this thread. I told you guys I am series about this marathon. about to read 50 issues today

Messi

Low #1

sooo fucking good like damn. onto the next 9

Enjoy the at times incredibly heartbreaking ride that is full of hope.

That first arc upset me so much and the things that were happening to some characters were so messed up but the ending made me so happy. such a wonder book.

TheFlow

Banned
Enjoy the at times incredibly heartbreaking ride that is full of hope.

That first arc upset me so much and the things that were happening to some characters were so messed up but the ending made me so happy. such a wonder book.

yea it sucks what was happening to the family and the ending is bitter sweet.

the second arc is off to a interesting start
ice!

TheFlow

Banned
Quick thoughts before I finish the second arc of low

Why is Monstress being put on haitus after issue 5? yeesh tired of interesting series being put on hold.

Harley merch is everywhere but I don't understand how she got so popular o_O.

Messi

Why is Monstress being put on haitus after issue 5? yeesh tired of interesting series being put on hold.

Most image books take breaks after arcs to allow creatives to stay on the books and stay ahead of schedule.

Owzers

One a day? If we push it to one a week we can talk about so many other things.

This isn't a bad idea, Trump Town Hall tmw, Spurs/Clippers thursday, WWE Fastlane Sunday....

Also, that Harley statue is $130 and 12.75'' tall and wouldn't fit on my shelf. This is probably not being purchased.

[

I will just do impressions per 3-4 issues instead so I don't flood this thread. I told you guys I am series about this marathon. about to read 50 issues today

I keep reading this as 50 issues but that makes no sense. My glasses should be fine, maybe i need rest.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Doesn't every Image series go on a hiatus after they finish an arc?

Seems like bigger question is how long each hiatus will last.

TheFlow

Banned
idk I just have that feeling^^

Low #7-10

breathtaking, this is on par with deadly class and saga. Just amazing. The different domes are all so different from each other, the characters each have a crazy backstory. And the vampire mermaids were a twist.

I will wait till more issues are out because I can't stand the thought of waiting month by month for such a fantastic series

onto paper girls now

Top Bottom