• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

CIVIL WAR II #0

Watch as the players are introduced and the table is set for a storyline that fans will be talking about for years.

One way or another.

Yay. Looks like they've chosen the HC art for Star Wars and Vader. Glad I waited for these instead of getting the trades.

STWARS2015V1HC-cvr-fe752.jpg

New First Order commander in Poe's series by the looks of it.

Weiss

Banned
Finally digging into that DC One Million omnibus I bought a while back and it's awesome. I love the idea of superheroic identities being franchised out, and Batman One Million is a stone cold mofo.

I love late 90s DC. I've said it before, but 1986 - 2004 was the company's high point in their entire history.

god, I fucking wish

this is the kinda humorless Spencer from the terribad Secret Avengers, sorry

ps: I don't think Psych is on Netflix anymore and that's a goddamn crime

Yeah, they took it off late last year :/

I never watched the last episode to completion, so in my head Shawn and Gus are still running around solving crimes ;__;

Edit: Guys, you need to be reading American Alien. Is Max Landis a dick? Yeah. Is this book absolutely jawdroppingly great? Also very much yeah. DO IT.

Secret Six #11 was a gud book. Some heartfelt stuff going on.
Batgirl
kinda acting like a dick tho. And that last page reveal! Aw yiss.

Owzers

Just say no to statues comics-gaf. They always seem like a good idea but then you buy one and it has a small paint imperfection and you think that's fine until you stare at it every day questioning why something like this is allowed to continue. You buy some craft paints and you touch it up a little only to find out you made it worse, maybe visible brush strokes or the color doesn't match up well in direct sunlight so you try to fix your mistake, wash away the paint, buy new colors, turn the statue in a different direction but you know the mark is there is. When you sleep at night, the imperfections grow, a week later you notice a second, then a third. Eventually you burn the statue for warmth alongside your new 52 Rotworld crossover single issues and then DC announces new Harley statues that catch your eye and the cycle starts anew.

Psych's still on Netflix.

Huh. Coulda sworn they were going to take it off.

Glad to be wrong!

Robin, Son of Batman #9 was mostly setting up a new status quo (which is pretty much guaranteed not to last more than a couple of issues, so I'm not sure why they bothered), but it had some good moments. The idiot brothers were entertaining, and Damian checking in on Maya was actually pretty heartwarming. Girl needs to get back in the game tho. Also, a long-awaited meeting at the end!

shingi70

Banned
Huh. Coulda sworn they were going to take it off.

Glad to be wrong!

Robin, Son of Batman #9 was mostly setting up a new status quo (which is pretty much guaranteed not to last more than a couple of issues, so I'm not sure why they bothered), but it had some good moments. The idiot brothers were entertaining, and Damian checking in on Maya was actually pretty heartwarming. Girl needs to get back in the game tho. Also, a long-awaited meeting at the end!

This was Gleason's last issue of the series.

Just say no to statues comics-gaf. They always seem like a good idea but then you buy one and it has a small paint imperfection and you think that's fine until you stare at it every day questioning why something like this is allowed to continue. You buy some craft paints and you touch it up a little only to find out you made it worse, maybe visible brush strokes or the color doesn't match up well in direct sunlight so you try to fix your mistake, wash away the paint, buy new colors, turn the statue in a different direction but you know the mark is there is. When you sleep at night, the imperfections grow, a week later you notice a second, then a third. Eventually you burn the statue for warmth alongside your new 52 Rotworld crossover single issues and then DC announces new Harley statues that catch your eye and the cycle starts anew.

lol

I actually have a small chip on my Batman Black & White Mignola statue(cape)... I thought it was meant to be that way for quite awhile.. oh and no I have not incinerated it .. yet

Yall might hate me... but Batman: Black & White statues are why I like statues...

2016 Batman: Black & White Statues:
•Batman – Rafael Albuquerque
•The Joker – Frank Miler
•Robin – Frank Quitely

Rafael Albuquerque
I like it,, but it does look a little weird to me,,,

MG310

Another good Squirrel Girl solicit.

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #8

RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)

NEW STORY STARTS NOW!

In this story, Squirrel Girl faces off against a giant monster, AND a gross old man, AND goes on some dates!
  • So that’s three challenges right there
  • Whether you’re a fan of seeing a squirrel lady punch someone OR a fan of seeing a squirrel lady struggle to make an online dating profile that isn’t weird and embarrassing, this is an excellent comic for you to purchase!
  • EVERYONE IS ONE OF THOSE TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE – search your heart and you will find it is true
  • Oh P.S., the story is called “I KISSED A SQUIRREL AND I LIKED IT” – how amazing is that?
  • Answer: very
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

VanWinkle

The last two episodes of Hawkeye by Fraction were incredible. What a great series this was.

Starting Swamp Thing by Snyder Deluxe now. Can't wait. I know next to nothing about Swamp Thing as a character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CbbiRzsWEAA3dfr.png

this lady was cast in a unknown role in Guardians 2. Sure looks the part :eek:

CbbiRzsWEAA3dfr.png

this lady was cast in a unknown role in Guardians 2. Sure looks the part :eek:

I can barely look at her without falling asleep.

Perfect fit.

Doctor Fate #9 is not as strong as #8, but still stronger than any of the stuff from before he visited the land of the dead. Dude needs a sidekick or a supporting cast member who's in the know, though. Criminal lack of decent banter, and nobody to call him out.

Li Kao

Hmm, I'm toying with the idea of seriously reading comics again. But no sir, this time I won't end up with an insane pull list and a ton of backissues. I will fight my OCD and only select what truly excites me.
I know, I'm already fucked. I mean choosing between a fun no brainer actioner and a creator driven title ? Between the big commercial spandex and countless daring indies ? Piece of cake.

What's the consensus on Aftershock comics btw ?
Any must read these days ?

Top Bottom