• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Messi

I'm enjoying Jughead as well but not as much as Archie. The series don't tie in together, even the Jugheads from each series are kind of different, they both have their own unique voice. Jugheads title is also full of dream sequences that give each issue a theme like pirates, spies, time travel, game of thrones and superheroes. I don't know if they will ever step away from that but so far it is a fun series.

Damn Messi, how many books is that?

It was 32 books this week. Wasn't expecting Super Zero and Rachel Rising.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jesus Christ I need to get my pull list in order. My books on comixology this week just cost me:

vafsJZR.png

But in euros (you can't put items in your cart that you have already bought hence me using comixology usa)

uSqHpwt.gif

Mine cost me $8.98 this week.

TheFlow

Banned
I'm enjoying Jughead as well but not as much as Archie. The series don't tie in together, even the Jugheads from each series are kind of different, they both have their own unique voice. Jugheads title is also full of dream sequences that give each issue a theme like pirates, spies, time travel, game of thrones and superheroes. I don't know if they will ever step away from that but so far it is a fun series.

Damn Messi, how many books is that?
added to my wish list and will buy later. I don't mind a fun series

Messi

Messi, how do you spend $100 on a week where barely anything of note came out?

Nothing came out???

Batman and Robin Eternal #20
Clean Room #5
Harley Quinn #25
Lucifer #3
Martian Manhunter #9
Poison Ivy #2
Robin Son of Batman #9
Secret Six #11
Superman American Alien #4

Bitch Planet #7
Huck #4
I hate fairtyland #5
Sex Criminals #14
Snowfall #1

Amazing Spider-Man #8
Avengers Standoff Welcome to Pleasant Hull #1
Deadpool and Cable #3
Extraordinary X-Men #7
Mighty Thor #4
Power Man and Iron Fist #1
Silver Surfer #2
Spider-Woman #4
Squadron Supreme #4
Star Lord #4
Uncanny Inhumans #5
Web Warriors #4

Archie #6
Lumberjanes #23
Red Sonja #2
Lumberjanes #23
Rachel Rising #40
Super Zero #3
Wonderland #44

mreddie

Reread it and while I agree that it is an angry book I don't mind it. Its not great though. I will prob drop it if nothing clicks with me in this or the next issue.

I thought you knew KSD can't write a story without bullshitting for 3 issues?

Extraordinary X-Men #7

Oh hey look. Another X-men issue where no one directly comes out and says what Cyclops supposedly did to turn the world against mutants. Again. All while continue their weird ass, year long character assassination campaign against him.

I honestly have no ideal what Marvel's game plan is where it come to Scott Summers. It literally makes no sense and has become more then tiresome.

Messi

I thought you knew KSD can't write a story without bullshitting for 3 issues?

I am starting to realize that Kelly Sue's writing does little to nothing for me outside of Captain Marvel. Especially Pretty Deadly and Bitch Planet. I THINK they are well written but maybe they aren't for me. Its not what I come to comics for.

Extraordinary X-Men #7

Oh hey look. Another X-men issue where no one directly comes out and says what Cyclops supposedly did to turn the world against mutants. Again. All while continue their weird ass, year long character assassination campaign against him.

I honestly have no ideal what Marvel's game plan is where it come to Scott Summers. It literally makes no sense and has become more then tiresome.

I really do enjoy these Cyclops updates for Extraordinary X-Men.

There's also still no indication of what really happened to him right, just a vague mentioning of him
attacking Inhumans and him being put down

Edit: That might be a Extraordinary X-Men spoiler

I am starting to realize that Kelly Sue's writing does little to nothing for me outside of Captain Marvel. Especially Pretty Deadly and Bitch Planet. I THINK they are well written but maybe they aren't for me. Its not what I come to comics for.

Political books are fine, but it's all about presentation. Prez makes its points in a smart and funny way, whereas Bitch Planet comes across as overly aggressive. Even to the point where I feel like KSD is mad at me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Having just finished the first arc of Pretty Deadly I found the story to be interesting enough. It was the Emma Rios art that will keep it from my CMX subscription list. It's just too messy looking and made the story harder to follow.

I'll probably wait until the rest of the second arc issues drop to $1.99 before I pick them up.

Luckily for Emna I think she hooked me with the first issue of Mirror.

American Alien #4 was the best one yet. So far, Max Landis is doing the most interesting take on the character that I have ever read.

#4 was only a little bit about Clark, tbh. Great looks at Luthor and Ollie, though. And the Batman/Robin relationship too. I think I preferred #3 for the comedy value, but 4 had moments that sent legit chills down my spine, so idk.

I mean -- if by early Bachalo you mean "over a decade of working professionally Bachalo" then sure, but early Bachalo to me is like... early 90s. Seriously though, Bachalo is fucking great in NXM, and one of the few non-Quitely artists who doesn't completely embarrass himself. The first issue of Assault on Weapon Plus* is like an all time great X-Men comic!

And despite certain problems I have with Planet X and Here Comes Tomorrow, they're a perfect thematic capstone to everything Morrison & co. were building towards, partly a product of Morrison's move to DC but also a really succinct articulation of everything the people who were working on those comics were trying to do

NXM remains the last time the mainline X-Men comic was genuinely exciting and not just "oh this is is really interesting even though you're totally hobbled by the status quo/having to write around a billion events/reverential to Claremont to a fault" (sorry Gillen and Whedon!)

*i dunno why I called it Assault on Weapon X last nite
Basically, since it's been awhile since I read the run (like over 2 weeks), I'll just link to my post. It's about the third Ultimate Collection, which covers Weapon Plus, Planet X, and Here Comes Tomorrow.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194246997&postcount=592

So there's my full opinion fresh in my head.
A couple of library pickups...
But why, though?
I want to see your all's figure collections. Some of you must have pretty massive collections.
All I really have are POP!s and Mystery Minis.
That is all Secret Wars was. One big tease of cool stuff we'll never get to see again.
X-Men '92, A-Force, and Old Man Logan got their own series. America Chavez is in an ongoing, which means she's relevant again.
Extraordinary X-Men #7

It's definitely a character assassination, but they've basically said "attempted genocide." Beyond that, we know no details.

Just read Secret Wars Battlezones #4

Did not know Stoeke was in this. His part was super rad. Contrast it with the 2nd half which is about Silver Surfer getting his board back and features some of the stiffest and least emotive art I've ever seen

Mindwipe

Pretty Deadly is pretty good. But I also found Bitch Planet just did nothing for me.

Foofaraw

I think Deadpool is my favorite X-Men movie. That's a huge bummer.

I still really want a Fassbender's Magneto: Nazi Hunter, movie. I also need to get back to reading comics. Maybe back to my read through of Uncanny. In the 200's, and I think Mister Sinister is showing up soon in my run through.

I think Deadpool is my favorite X-Men movie. That's a huge bummer.

I still really want a Fassbender's Magneto: Nazi Hunter, movie. I also need to get back to reading comics. Maybe back to my read through of Uncanny. In the 200's, and I think Mister Sinister is showing up soon in my run through.

It's the best characterization of Colossus on screen yet. It just took me a bit to realize that it's not the more somber "I've murdered two mutants directly with my hands" Colossus that I've known for so many years."

Which is upsetting, though, because this Colossus is fairly old, being that he's clearly a teacher.

Re: Bitch Planet, I think it's a book for a very very specific audience (which I'd say includes me), so I can certainly understand if it's not for most people here. It's just the nature of this particular book.

Top Bottom