• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Messi

Man read some Scans from the newest Secert Six and it seems like Gail Simoine isn't a fan of the current Batgirl run.

Didn't she just compliment Babs on Twitter?

Please be careful about spoilers while posting about Secret Six :(

I feel for Gail she was fucked over on Batgirl by editors and then they let the next creative team do what she was asking to do. She needs to move on though.

Man read some Scans from the newest Secert Six and it seems like Gail Simoine isn't a fan of the current Batgirl run.

Maybe?
Batgirl was a little bit of a tool at first, and there was some awkward dialogue thrown in to make her look less so, but it's not so bad tbh.

Could just be awkwardly written.

What happens?

catman is looking after his dog taking a dump, batgirl drops out of a tree and lands in a weird supermodel pose with duck face. She speaks in stunted valley girl cadence and tells him to "like, clean up after your dog, or whatever". He laughs it off by handing her a bag of dog shit. They fight in a big looney toones cloud with the sound effects "HANDSOME" and "SELFIE"

shingi70

Banned
Maybe?
Batgirl was a little bit of a tool at first, and there was some awkward dialogue thrown in to make her look less so, but it's not so bad tbh.

Could just be awkwardly written.

The whole confrontation seemed odd, and I doubt Catman would have been as dismissive and Babs as dumb if it were Simones take on the character.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
catman is looking after his dog taking a dump, batgirl drops out of a tree and lands in a weird supermodel pose with duck face. She speaks in stunted valley girl cadence and tells him to clean after his dog. He laughs it off by handing her a bag of dog shit. They fight in a big looney toones cloud with the sound effects "HANDSOME" and "SELFIE"
... OK, I originally wanted to ask if the book is interesting for people who never read Secret Six, but now I know that I wouldnt like it.

Thank regardlessly.

Busaiku

Ugh, what the heck.
Most of Standoff takes place outside of Captain America and All New, All Different Avengers.
I figured the main story would be in All New, All Different Avengers, with the others just being tie-ins...

Guess I'll just skip it then.

Sandfox

So Sinestro and Cyborg are either cancelled or simply getting new writers.

Ugh, what the heck.
Most of Standoff takes place outside of Captain America and All New, All Different Avengers.
I figured the main story would be in All New, All Different Avengers, with the others just being tie-ins...

Guess I'll just skip it then.
Spencer is writing the event so it wouldn't make sense for the main story to take place in ANAD Avengers.

Owzers

Rebirthhhhhhhhhhh already. I'm going to be finished with Black Vortex and possibly requesting DCBS add that suicide harley statue to my order before i get any rebirth news. Unacceptable.

Owzers

My top concern about the Harley statue is not having the right paint colors to fix minor stuff, it's a very complex paint job compared to the usual stuff i'm interested in. My paint efforts would be a bigger mess than Jeb's candidacy.

VanWinkle

I've read the first five issues in the Swamp Thing OHC by Scott Snyder, and it's amazing. Really enjoying it. Very dark, but with some amazing colorful artwork a lot of times. Such a cool book.

My top concern about the Harley statue is not having the right paint colors to fix minor stuff, it's a very complex paint job compared to the usual stuff i'm interested in. My paint efforts would be a bigger mess than Jeb's candidacy.

I have to take a pic of my 12" Hipster Batgirl statue for you guys. They fucked up the shade they used for her face. She's Hispanic Batgirl (
might actually be cooler than regular Batgirl tho
).

Been reading Fourth World Omnibus 2 and it is so amazing. This is how an event should be done. Single story running across four books with four completely different approaches and it works!

Calcium

Banned
Tom King exclusive to DC/Vertigo.
:

A nice move for DC. Marvel must be so sad.

giphy.gif

Calcium

Banned
I've read the first five issues in the Swamp Thing OHC by Scott Snyder, and it's amazing. Really enjoying it. Very dark, but with some amazing colorful artwork a lot of times. Such a cool book.

I thought Snyder stumbled across the finish line a bit, but overall I enjoyed his run with Swamp Thing. Hope you continue to dig it.

Where's this info coming from? I need to know where to be looking for rebirth news.

Great get for DC.

Doesn't exist.

VanWinkle

I hope whoever writes Batman next doesn't keep coming back to joker time after time after time. Batman has some amazing villains that would be awesome in a main title.

Yeah. I loved Snyder's Joker, but there was too much of it. Hopefully if the rumors of Snyder moving to Detective are true, he will branch out a lot more. And hopefully whoever takes over for Batman won't do so much Joker either.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont like how his stories end. Court of Owls had an amazing start and the first half was incredible creepy, then the Owls attacked the Batfamily and it went downhill from here, escelating in a stupid final involving a plane.

Death of the Family was incredible creepy und till the last two issues.

Year Zero was a big disappointment. A incredible downgrade compared to Year One, at least the art was cool. But thats not Snyders archivement.

No need to Avatarquote, I just think he somehow always managed it to write shitty ends.

I hope whoever writes Batman next doesn't keep coming back to joker time after time after time. Batman has some amazing villains that would be awesome in a main title.
That's what the other Bat books are for. I think Ivy and Freeze are the only villains that had no story arc in the New 52.

Top Bottom