• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

So Rebirth is just DC nabbing up a bunch of creators, then?

IT'S THE MONDAY NIGHT WARS ALL OVER AGAIN

Soon comic companies will be spoiling each other's books live on air on their websites

tumblr_mnnpl5RN4F1re8b6ao6_250.gif

IT'S THE MONDAY NIGHT WARS ALL OVER AGAIN

Soon comic companies will be spoiling each other's books live on air on their websites

tumblr_mnnpl5RN4F1re8b6ao6_250.gif

"If you're thinking about reading Civil War II, don't bother. We have been informed that Thanos is going to show up. That'll put a lot of butts in the seats!"

man oh man am i upset that king went exclusive. after vision I was hoping he'd get a few more turns at oddball stories in the marvel universe, but oh well.

Sandfox

BC again...

Guys, why would they put out a press release saying they just signed King, Clay, and Timms and not say they signed other people at the same time?

Is Sam Humphries worth a special announcement?

I think not.

So far its looking like the King to Batman thing was true and there are reasons why his deal would be announced later so we'll see.

BC again...

Guys, why would they put out a press release saying they just signed King, Clay, and Timms and not say they signed other people at the same time?

Is Sam Humphries worth a special announcement?

I think not.

The next Batman writer is definitely worth his own announcement

Tom King Batman is probably true. Also, Tom Taylor might be on one of the Superman books.

Max Landis was offered a Superman book because American Alien is the best selling Superman book of the last 25 years when you combine digital and physical numbers. Not sure if he took the offer.

I think the line up is King/Marc Batman and Scott/Murphy on Detective.

Tom King Batman is probably true. Also, Tom Taylor might be on one of the Superman books.

Max Landis was offered a Superman book because American Alien is the best selling Superman book of the last 25 years when you combine digital and physical numbers. Not sure if he took the offer.

I think the line up is King/Marc Batman and Scott/Murphy on Detective.

I like the sound of all that, tbh.

Wasn't sure about Landis before, but the dude has real chops. If the sales stuff under that spoiler is true, it's well deserved.

It IS amazing. Still one of the GOAT standalone comics I've read.

I really wasn't ready for that mother thing especially since I am going through the same thing with one of my parents.

I like the sound of all that, tbh.

Wasn't sure about Landis before, but the dude has real chops. If the sales stuff under that spoiler is true, it's well deserved.

It's true. Heard it straight from someone that works for DC on the 2nd of this month. They're holding off on announcing that stuff until Superman: AA is over though.

Messi

Say what now? Everything? I might actually start buying Harley Quinn again.

With "Rebirth," the mainline DC Universe titles will be renumbered with new #1s -- except for "Action Comics" and "Detective Comics," the two longest-running series in DC's lineup, which will return to their original numbering at #957 and #934, respectively. All DCU books will return to a $2.99 price point (currently their lineup is split between $3.99 and $2.99 single issues), and select core titles (details to come on exactly which) will shift to a twice-monthly schedule.

Sandfox

Johns talks his past DC miniseries "Green Lantern Rebirth" and "The Flash Rebirth," which restored familiar elements to the Green Lantern and Flash mythos, while also moving the characters forward. "Rebirth" aims to do the same with the entire DC Universe, while also restoring more of a focus on a shared universe.
Well they sure flipped on that idea quick.
All DCU books will return to a $2.99 price point (currently their lineup is split between $3.99 and $2.99 single issues), and select core titles (details to come on exactly which) will shift to a twice-monthly schedule.
Well then.

Say what now? Everything? I might actually start buying Harley Quinn again.

Harley is probably going to be one of the books shipping twice a month as well lol.

VanWinkle

So I take it that ALL of their books and not just the ones that are going to #52 are switching to #1? Including, like, Gotham Academy and whatnot?

And the decision to go back to the old numbers on Detective and Action is strange. Interesting, but strange.

Oh wow, nice!

Take note, Marvel.

Top Bottom