• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

TheFlow

Banned
red hood and the outlaws

titans

hellblazer

and teen titans got my attention

depends on which version they go with for blue beetle for me to jump in

VanWinkle

I'm just a little weary of having so many twice-monthly books. I feel like there will be way more artist and writer changes than a monthly book would have. But I'm still fairly new to comics so many that's not the case.

I'm so happy Gotham Academy has survived, though.

Catwoman is gone :(

Oh wow, just noticed that.

Messi

Its the end of an era for comic gaf. Catwoman is gone. The long nightmare is over...but we lose one of the coolest dc characters :/

Owzers

No Zatanna, fight me DC. Fight me right now, paint duel.

Yeahhhhhhh so i'm not hyped at all, way more books than i was expecting to ship twice a month and seems like standard stuff. Another hype chance at creative teams and story details but this is disappointing.

Damn, man. You're the DC MVP around here.

Why is that?

Didio likes single issues and wants to support them even if it's at the expense of trades. I forget the exact quote words but the bitterness is eternal.

Zombine

Banned

Yeahhhhhhh so i'm not hyped at all, way more books than i was expecting to ship twice a month and seems like standard stuff. Another hype chance at creative teams and story details but this is disappointing.

There's always Afterbirth.

arkon

I'm just a little weary of having so many twice-monthly books. I feel like there will be way more artist and writer changes than a monthly book would have. But I'm still fairly new to comics so many that's not the case.

No that's generally the case on double-shipping books. Most artists struggle to keep up with the demands of a monthly book on a regular shipping schedule. Double-shipping means you burn through any issues already in the can that much quicker and inevitably need a set of artists to rotate between arcs to keep up. Writers not so much

58 new #1s and no Plastic Man in sight.

tard-grumpy-cat-good-sad-13529885618.jpg

how the fuck do we lose Midnighter and Martian Manhunter while there is still a goddamn Red Hood & The Outlaws book

As much as I adore it, Martian Manhunter feels like it's coming to a close. Barring a last-second swerve, it seems well positioned to have a solid, conclusive end.

That's a lot more double shipping than I expected lol. Hopefully the comics can stay quality at such a pace. Need those creative teams ASAP.

How much you wanna bet that Scott Lobdell is still gonna be doing the Titans books

They're gonna announce creative teams for all of them and then a few months after the initial hype dies down, he'll be back. He always comes back.

Sandfox

On a monthly basis this is going to be expensive lol.

Messi

Black Canary didn't survive but I suppose she will be in birds of prey. Maybe Selina can be in birds?

Please dont take away selina :(

On a monthly basis this is going to be expensive lol.

Not that expensive, tbh. 6 bucks a month for presumably twice as many pages... idk.

I'm not getting suckered by Cyborg again unless they do something crazy like putting Tom King on it and forcing my hand, and if I can exert the same level of self control re: the rest of the bimonthly line... might end up saving money. Hmm.

Messi

Not that expensive, tbh. 6 bucks a month for presumably twice as many pages... idk.

I'm not getting suckered by Cyborg again unless they do something crazy like putting Tom King on it and forcing my hand, and if I can exert the same level of self control re: the rest of the bimonthly line... might end up saving money. Hmm.

The problem is that some of these books I don't want twice monthly. I don't want harley twice a month. It builds up and you get burnt out. It already happened me once with the Harley series so I took a break.

frye

That's a lot more double shipping than I expected lol. Hopefully the comics can stay quality at such a pace. Need those creative teams ASAP.

They're gonna announce creative teams for all of them and then a few months after the initial hype dies down, he'll be back. He always comes back.

double shipping dampens by optimism a little (a lot) because maaaan it takes a lot of work on everyone's part to do right

58 new #1s and no Plastic Man in sight.

this is the real travesty

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm curious, how many DC books do you guys currently read?

I'm only reading Batman, Batman & Robin and Justice League since Swamp Thing got the axe. So this Rebirth stuff could potentially get me to buy more.

None.

I was reading Grayson, Harley, Starfire, Secret Six, and New Suicide Squad but dropped them all last October.

Sandfox

I'm guessing that $3 and twice a month means less pages and that $6 adds up.

ElNarez

Banned
As long as Gotham Academy is still around I'm fine with whatever they do... Well, unless they keep doing this Yearbook garbage :p

you shut your dummy mouth, dummy

yearbook is fucking dope, and if it can bring talent that you don't usually see in superhero comics to DC, it's double dope

VanWinkle

Bleeding Cool has Azzarello and Inaka Miranda on The Super-Man, a series about Lex Luthor. Also Meredith Finch and Tony Kondos on Superwoman, which is about Lois Lane.

Messi

Bleeding Cool has Azzarello and Inaka Miranda on The Super-Man, a series about Lex Luthor. Also Meredith Finch and Tony Kondos on Superwoman, which is about Lois Lane.

Wheres the Doom Partol book he was promising?

Secret Six is dead too it seems. Poor Gail. Unless she is writing BOP which I doubt.

As long as Gotham Academy is still around I'm fine with whatever they do... Well, unless they keep doing this Yearbook garbage :p

Yearbook's been fun tho.

I'm ready to get back to Regularly Scheduled Programming too, but that'll come soon enough.

Pls no more bleeding cool.

Pls.

ElNarez

Banned
It's from ComicPRO, which is an actual event happening in reality outside of Rich Johnston's head. That's actual reporting. So, it's on.

you shut your dummy mouth, dummy

yearbook is fucking dope, and if it can bring talent that you don't usually see in superhero comics to DC, it's double dope

So far none of the stories in Yearbook have done anything for me -- I didn't find they had a point, or a message, or even a punchline. It was nice to see Dustin Nguyen draw the characters though, even if it was only 4 pages.

I'll keep buying them because I love Gotham Academy and want to support it. I just miss the actual stories.

Messi

I am retiring from comics

Seemingly Pat Gleason is still with DC and working on Rebirth. Maybe he is drawing Titans if Robin is the leader?

arkon

GREEN LANTERNS #1
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art by BRETT BOOTH
Cover by BRETT BOOTH
Variant cover by BRETT BOOTH

You know all about Hal Jordan, the greatest Green Lantern of them all, but what do all the other Green Lanterns do? Find out from the breakout writer and artist of the new 52 era

Calcium

Banned
So are we just going to get all the creative teams? So much for that event where they were going to announce them...

Top Bottom