• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Owzers

I am skeptical on any book that wants to double ship on a regular basis, and if that's going to be a lot of the core dc titles.....yeah. Also wanting to go back to the legacy you just had fun cherry picking its destruction, your legacy doesn't mean anything to me.

Calcium

Banned
I guess this explains why DC has been acquiring so much talent. I'm curious to see how this Rebirth stuff plays out.

If Swamp Thing gets "rebirth" and Sam Humphries is on it I might have to kill someone.

See, he says that every hero is somebody's favorite hero, and he names Blue Beetle as one of the examples, but it's Geoff Johns, so is he talking about the good one or about Ted Kord?

There's no way he's talking about Dan Garret, nobody cares about him.

jackdoe

They're definitely saying the right words, but we'll have to see if they implement it correctly. The New 52 robbed DC of its identity of legacy by removing important characters like Wally West, by compressing decades of superhero history into five years, and by eliminating nearly every single super hero family. I'm hoping this rebirth undoes most of the damage.

I guess this explains why DC has been acquiring so much talent. I'm curious to see how this Rebirth stuff plays out.

If Swamp Thing gets "rebirth" and Sam Humphries is on it I might have to kill someone.

lol.

what i want most out of Rebirth and the new books is to feel excited about books I've either never read or just not in a long time. I've never read a word of Humphries though, but fuck it...books will be a mite cheaper. Still kinda miffed it's not a JSA Rebirth but if we get a JSA ongoing out of it (not by Humphries not by Humphries) I'll be happy. I'm beating the drum but Hickman on LoSH and/or New Gods and I'll send Didio a belated valentines card.

Edit: *gets 30 secs into the video* man, Johns is ageing.....Didio sucking the lifeforce out of him. Finished it now. I know he's probably saying stuff but the way he ends his talk about GL at Blackest Night makes me feel like he wanted to end it there, or with War of the Green Lantern Corps (or whatever the last pre Flashpoint arc was) and Didio or whoever got him to stay on. Interesting he's leaving JL but hope he stays with Fabok.

Its never been either of these things tho...

c07c28b2f57bc12ec07d947c8877bfe7.gif

Calcium

Banned
I'm curious, how many DC books do you guys currently read?

I'm only reading Batman, Batman & Robin and Justice League since Swamp Thing got the axe. So this Rebirth stuff could potentially get me to buy more.

Messi

I'm only reading Batman, Batman & Robin and Justice League since Swamp Thing got the axe. So this Rebirth stuff could potentially get me to buy more.

I buy a large chunk of them 7-8 books a week usually.

Owzers

0 monthlies, the only DC trade i've bought recently is Prez vol 1.

I would rather DC make a clean break from the new 52 instead of trying to integrate more into it.

VanWinkle

So was that all the news we will get until May 25th when the Rebirth one-shot comes out? I was hoping we were going to hear more about new series' and new creative teams.

Five for me. Batgirl, Black Canary, Gotham Academy, Starfire, and Justice League.

$2.99 standard is great btw. Hate how Marvel abandoned that price.

frye

just that line about how johns is actually talking to the people making these comics has me like a million times more optimistic about hashtag rebirth than the new 52

maybe that optimism is misplaced but otoh it mite b cool

e: i read Justice League and Batgirl and that's it

Messi

0 monthlies, the only DC trade i've bought recently is Prez vol 1.

I would rather DC make a clean break from the new 52 instead of trying to integrate more into it.

And burn whatever new readers they picked up during new 52 like me?

I wonder how difficult it is for DC to push back to 3.99 after lowering the price.

Owzers

And burn whatever new readers they picked up during new 52 like me?

I wonder how difficult it is for DC to push back to 3.99 after lowering the price.

Harley continuity can stay to lock in some Messi Dollars. I presume double shipping is their way to make up for $2.99, but we'll always be six months away from back up stories at $3.99 and then when they go away maintaining the price.

My pull list has been uber erratic the last month or two because of a load of issues...but typically it's been Batman, Justice League, Lucifer, American Alien, Grayson, Bombshells (only just got int), Black Canary, Justice League of America...that's maybe it? It's not like I can afford it but I want more. Want to get silver age JSA that just came out.

Sandfox

I read one book now and at most I can see me checking out Flash and Teen Titans unless Steph gets a book and that's not happening. Flash is probably going to ship twice a month(meaning I won't read it) and I don't expect Teen TItans to ever be good again so we'll see.

Messi

Harley continuity can stay to lock in some Messi Dollars. I presume double shipping is their way to make up for $2.99, but we'll always be six months away from back up stories at $3.99 and then when they go away maintaining the price.

Does this mean DC will start shipping trades quicker?

Um...

Batman
Batman & Robin Eternal
Justice League
JLA
JL 3K1
Secret Six
The Omega Men
Grayson
Martian Manhunter
Robin, Son of Batman
We Are Robin
The Legend of Wonder Woman
Bombshells
Doctor Fate
Superman: American Alien
Superman
Action Comics
Black Canary
Batman/TMNT
Catwoman
Gotham Academy
Red Hood/Arsenal
Starfire
The Adventures of Supergirl
Midnighter
Superman: Lois & Clark

-----

So, you know, a few.

mreddie

Marvel be like 2.99? But they don't have digital codes tho.

Also Avengers A.I. was good but Sam switched sides? He's the Lex Luger of Marvel so...eh.

Sandfox

Marvel be like 2.99? But they don't have digital codes tho.

Also Avengers A.I. was good but Sam switched sides? He's the Lex Luger of Marvel so...eh.

Marvel may respond depending on the reception to this and whether or not this affects their numbers.

shingi70

Banned

Um

Batman
Batgirl
Suicide Squad
Cyborg
Justice League
Doctor Fate
Black Canary
Lois and Clark
Superman
Action Comics
Superman Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern edge of Oblvion
Swamp Thing
Suicide Squad Deadshot and Katana

just that line about how johns is actually talking to the people making these comics has me like a million times more optimistic about hashtag rebirth than the new 52

maybe that optimism is misplaced but otoh it mite b cool

e: i read Justice League and Batgirl and that's it
Yeah I know what you mean. Johns seems like a good dude so I'm pretty optimistic as well. Seems much less confused than the reboot was. Hope we get some good creative teams!

VanWinkle

A special event revealing all talent and creative teams is scheduled to take place at WonderCon in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, March 26. This press conference will be live-streamed on the DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, so everyone can experience firsthand all of the exciting new details surrounding REBIRTH.

The REBIRTH title lineup was announced as follows:

June:
Rebirth Specials:
AQUAMAN REBIRTH #1
BATMAN REBIRTH #1
THE FLASH REBIRTH #1
GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
TITANS REBIRTH #1
WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
AQUAMAN #1
BATMAN #1
THE FLASH #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1

New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934

July
Rebirth Specials:
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1
HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
THE HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1
NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
BATGIRL #1
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
THE HELLBLAZER #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
THE SUPER-MAN #1
TITANS #1

Fall
Rebirth Specials:
BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
CYBORG REBIRTH #1
DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
TRINITY REBIRTH #1

CYBORG #1
DEATHSTROKE #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
BATMAN BEYOND #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
EARTH 2 #1
GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
SUPERGIRL #1
SUPERWOMAN #1
SUPER SONS #1
TEEN TITANS #1
TRINITY #1

Okay, first of all, that's a lot more twice monthly books than I was anticipating.

BUT.

I see a Blue Beetle #1 in there, and more Gotham Academy stuff.

So, you know, mixed blessings.

Yay, Gotham Academy survives.

AQUAMAN #1
BATMAN #1
THE FLASH #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1

ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1

CYBORG #1
DEATHSTROKE #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1

That's a lot (17) of books shipping twice monthly. A little ambitious maybe?

Top Bottom