• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Quick, somrone post that Olivia gif

tumblr_lpx0040jdZ1qzdn8go1_400.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Tithe finished it's second arc up pretty well.

I am pretty annoyed that it is going to be part of a crossover with two other titles I don't read though. That may get it dropped.

Crosspost Deadpool movie impressions:

Just saw the movie and like it way better than I thought. It wasn't straight Waypool like the trailer suggested, it had a really great balance between humor and seriousness. Still, you could tell they were being choked by the budget and I hope the action scenes are more exciting next time (The Raid movies have ruined other action films for me).

Best part of the movie was Morena taking off Deadpool's mask and he had Hugh Jackman's face taped to it LMAO.

EDIT: And I have to say the movie and the videogame showed me why I don't like Deadpool in the comics. He's so sanitized there, they need to embrace the 18+ and bring back his MAX book (with a different creative team of course).

Owzers

The wrestle card is awful, i'm only interested in the Reigns match. Big Show/Ryback/Kane vs Wyatts tag match....yeahhhhhhhh that's an idea.

mreddie

I'm actually considering paying the one month for the network around Mania but jebus, half of the roster is injured and the rumored card is abysmal. NXT sounds like a fair trade.

Just started The Eternaut. Only a few pages in but it looks very promising. First few pages make it start off like a standard post-apocalyptic tale but there is something in the telling of it that gives you a very chilly feeling. Like War of the Worlds read out by Wells.

Tomita

American Alien has been fantastic so far.

Except he can't write children's dialogue, apparently.
Seriously, WTF at that Dick dialogue? Or is it just me? It wasn't awful, but a ten year old with that kind of vocab skills is ridiculous. If it was from Tim or Damian it wouldn't be so bad, but Dick was never the brainiac. Regardless, I still liked that part. Also FUCKING BATMAN showing up later, lol.

I really need to hunt down some good Bat-family comics, I miss reading about those guys. ): I wanna hope Rebirth is good but ... New 52 keeps burning me. Sigh. Maybe it'll be good...

Part of what disappoints me about Spider-Gwen is that it's street-level world seems interesting to explore story-wise. Cop-Frank and Daredevil as Kingpin's lawyer seem like interesting twists on existing characters but it feels wasted.

Yeah... Seems the "twist" character that gets the most focus is Captain America, who's just freaking boring to me. She has no personality. At least Falcon amuses me when he shows up. Things need some shaking up. Past 2-3 issues have felt a bit slow. Still, I enjoy the series overall and am hoping it will improve. It doesn't help how the last issue
didn't even have Gwen doing shit
, so I'm sure things will pick up at bit in the next issue or the one after that. Though that weird "Spider-Ladies" crossover is happening... in April? Or March?

Speaking of Spider-Woman...
did she have the kid yet?

Late but I loved Miles' first issue, and am hopeful for that series. Loved the humor and character expressions.

Vyer

Except he can't write children's dialogue, apparently.
Seriously, WTF at that Dick dialogue? Or is it just me? It wasn't awful, but a ten year old with that kind of vocab skills is ridiculous. If it was from Tim or Damian it wouldn't be so bad, but Dick was never the brainiac. Regardless, I still liked that part. Also FUCKING BATMAN showing up later, lol.

Eh, it doesn't really follow any continuity. I kind of liked his take on it.
I especially enjoyed the 'using the detective skills' angle of his inner dialogue. Kind of makes sense to me that he'd be a little 'different' considering what he's going through, but still has a lot of the upbeat positivity of the character.

Messi

I only read the first issue. How is it? Looks very animu.

It is very animu. But I am really enjoying it. I keep thinking how much you will like it. First issue is decent but it picks up pace as it moves along. Characters are cool. There is a section in the second issue I wasn't expecting and it made me feel bad.

It is very animu. But I am really enjoying it. I keep thinking how much you will like it. First issue is decent but it picks up pace as it moves along. Characters are cool. There is a section in the second issue I wasn't expecting and it made me feel bad.

If you could compare it to another series, what series would that be?

Just got Wytches and the first Batman Zero Year trade (for a double dose of Snyder), and Nameless sense after playing SOMA I need some more fucked up sci-fi horror.

TheFlow

Banned
Just got Wytches and the first Batman Zero Year trade (for a double dose of Snyder), and Nameless sense after playing SOMA I need some more fucked up sci-fi horror.
Low, black science, and east by west. Not horror in the typical fashion but you will see some fucked up stuff

Top Bottom