• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Bii

Hey guys. What's going o.....oh.

no you don't get it

if Frank Cho can't draw Shanna the She-Devil getting drilled in every orifice by super horny dinosaurs that somehow have human dicks while a pterodactyl finishes on her face from above for an audience of young women, the terrorists have won

it's like in Speed, if his boner goes below 50mph this whole bus explodes, and the bus is comics in this metaphor

Hmm, while not as great as Gotham by Midnight, Gotham Academy was very nice. Good initiative of DC to jump on the wider audience bandwagon.
Ms Marvel hasn't wowed me 5 issues in but I'm sold on Squirrel Girl and Gotham Academy. Times are changing and they are very interesting.

Love Squirrel Girl and Gotham Academy. They're some of my favorite ongoings from Marvel and DC. Just good wholesome fun that anyone can enjoy, and I think that's just great.

Still haven't read Ms. Marvel but it looks cute.

Messi

I love that feeling when a series hooks you and you just rip through all the issues of a book. Happened with me and Wayward in the last day or two.

I love that feeling when a series hooks you and you just rip through all the issues of a book. Happened with me and Wayward in the last day or two.

And then there's that terrible, sucking emptiness when you finish a series you're really into...

It's why most of the books (like, book-books, not comics) I read are >1000 pages or come from 10+ book series. Puts off that dread for as long as possible.

Owzers

I'm leaning towards Paper Girls being too weird to fully enjoy after issue #5. I'm not really intently following what's happening as i'm reading it.

Messi

And then there's that terrible, sucking emptiness when you finish a series you're really into...

It's why most of the books (like, book-books, not comics) I read are >1000 pages or come from 10+ book series. Puts off that dread for as long as possible.

I know I am feeling that emptiness right now.

Man, you're making me really curious about this book now.

My god it is so beautiful. Buy the OHC in your next order it's only like 20-22 dollars and it's one of those nice image ones. Comes with a sweet poster too.

VanWinkle

I really loved Swamp Thing by Snyder. I didn't agree with the complains about the ending. I really enjoyed it and thought it ended in a logical way.

Reading Fear Agent Library Edition now. Two issues in and it's great. Love the over-over-sized artwork. It's beautiful.

Woot a decent set of cmx sales. I think my plan of only buying comics during cmx sales is working out. I've got a huge backlog so I can wait to catch up on series like lumberjanes when they go on sale. Or wait for the limewide sale and go nuts

VanWinkle

I was looking at the rebirth list again a little bit ago and I have to say, I wish there were more INTERESTING, or surprising, new series' on there. There's nothing on there that makes you think, "Woah, what's that supposed to be?" or "Wow, didn't expect that" (except maybe Blue Beetle and perhaps Birds of Prey). As a lineup, it just feels kind of safe I guess.

Sandfox

I was looking at the rebirth list again a little bit ago and I have to say, I wish there were more INTERESTING, or surprising, new series' on there. There's nothing on there that makes you think, "Woah, what's that supposed to be?" or "Wow, didn't expect that" (except maybe Blue Beetle and perhaps Birds of Prey). As a lineup, it just feels kind of safe I guess.

I would assume that's the main thing DC is going for.

Calcium

Banned
I really loved Swamp Thing by Snyder. I didn't agree with the complains about the ending. I really enjoyed it and thought it ended in a logical way.

Reading Fear Agent Library Edition now. Two issues in and it's great. Love the over-over-sized artwork. It's beautiful.

Swamp Thing followed up by Fear Agent? Man, you really know what you are doing.

deleted

To whoever convinced me not to skip Hellboy Library 2 because it is mostly short stories: Thank You! I finally read it all and it was fantastic. Maybe even better than the first book.
I think I'll buy 3 soon, so it's back to the main story - but will there be another short story compilation?

Loved it so far.

Just finished the entire Sandman run and the spinoff series featuring Death. Just fantastic stuff all around, really glad I picked these up. I found it interesting how Dream and Death were often supporting characters in their own books at times and it really works. Credit to Neil Gaiman, the guy can write interesting characters that you actually care about. I loved how even seemingly insignificant characters reappeared throughout the series and sometimes played larger roles. Death and Delirium are fucking fantastic too, I love them. I highly recommend the series to anyone that hasn't read it.

Death is Bae.

Zombine

Banned

Batman and his harem of boys?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Art is nice, but the story got a little too wackadoo for me.

Art is fantastic. As a relative newcomer to comics I wasn't aware of Cliff Chiang before his Wonder Woman run (which I loved) so when I saw the previews for Paper Girls I got pumped. The book is great, really weird, but I think I can understand what's going on. Even if I didn't I'd buy it, it's gorgeous.

Zombine

Banned
So after that revelation at the end of this week's episode of Walking Dead, I'm pretty fuckin worried. Kirkman has shown that he's letting the book and show dictate one another (regardless of saying the opposite) and after what the show shipped last night, I'm pretty worried about
Andrea.
The book has been doing a way better job of setting up that situation and explained why
Rick and Michonne are basically perfect for one another.
But that means that
Andrea
is going to need to get out of the way.

FML

List of the week.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #3 $5.99
GRAYSON #17 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #48 $3.99
SUPERMAN #49 $3.99
SUPERMAN LOIS AND CLARK #5 $3.99
OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #16 (MR) $2.99
SAGA #34 (MR) $2.99
SUNSTONE OGN VOL 04 (MR) $14.99
KANAN #11 $3.99

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I have a free digital copy of Hex11 Vol 1 if anyone is interested. I already have the singles and I'm getting a physical copy so I figured I'd give the digital version away.......

In the world of Hex11, humans, through the discovery of a new energy source called The Ether, have found they are capable of Magic. As civilization moves from the Digital Age to this new Magic Age, the corporatocracy is concealing what they know, seeing an opportunity for a new level of control and unprecedented monetary gain.

Meanwhile, a class war is brewing in the urban underworld known as The Hex; where the have-nots have found themselves after years of injustice and oppression. It also serves as a haven for the magically inclined, a place where they can operate in secret.

One such woman is Elanor Kent, a young witch living in the Hex and apprenticing the eccentric Vera, a very powerful oracle. Though she aspires to master the many facets of magic, she finds herself practicing basics and running Vera's errands. However, when one seemingly ordinary task places her in the crossfire of a black market warlock and a demonic mercenary, the excitement she had hoped for becomes all too real and all too dangerous…

hex11.jpg

Just click here and enter your redemption code: HEX11-4BUD9

I'm pretty worried about
Andrea.
The book has been doing a way better job of setting up that situation and explained why
But that means that
Andrea

FML

RIP

Owzers

So after that revelation at the end of this week's episode of Walking Dead, I'm pretty fuckin worried. Kirkman has shown that he's letting the book and show dictate one another (regardless of saying the opposite) and after what the show shipped last night, I'm pretty worried about
Andrea.
But that means that
Andrea

FML
I'd prefer the show and book were different, hopefully they don't try course correction like this.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But everyone has let it go by now. Now he is clearly milking his fans of the money these covers cost to draw.

I more or less assumed that its still a thing since he does these Spider-Gwen covers still, even when he makes variants for DC books.
Maybe he is just an ass and wants to cater his audience

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I more or less assumed that its still a thing since he does these Spider-Gwen covers still, even when he makes variants for DC books.
Maybe he is just an ass and wants to cater his audience

And judging by the responses those covers get every time they pop up here people clearly have not let it go.

Li Kao

Uh, it is more and more apparent that speaking about the cover artist who can't be named kills the thread for hours. Too bad :(

VanWinkle

Every time I see Frank Cho art, my first thought is that it's kind of pathetic that he's still doing this, and the second is that he's an amazing artist. I wish he wouldn't spend so much time on a grudge and do some other stuff.

Top Bottom