• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Every time I see Frank Cho art, my first thought is that it's kind of pathetic that he's still doing this, and the second is that he's an amazing artist. I wish he wouldn't spend so much time on a grudge and do some other stuff.

He's probably making more money selling those covers to thirsty geeks, for significantly less effort.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've been reading Deadly Class and it's pretty amazing. The page layouts, the coloring... Every issue is a trip (well, especially the Vegas ones). Second arc ended on a pretty big cliffhanger, so I'm getting the third trade soon.

Messi

Found this thing

according to Cho, he actually raised the price of his sketch cover commissions to $800+ because of several on eBay that he had found going for much more than he originally charged.

That's why he is doing it. Idiots paying that kind of cash.

Li Kao

You know I'm re-dowloading my humble bundles as we speak to do a nice clean comic book directory and, man, were most of these bundle 'generous'. I for one welcome our new bundle overlord and can't wait until tomorrow for the new comic book bundle.
It will totally be a DIY book bundle.

I had a quiet weekend away and read a bunch of classic Transformer comics, I had no idea they were (forcibly?) linked into the Marvel Universe. Even Spiderman turned up.

I had a quiet weekend away and read a bunch of classic Transformer comics, I had no idea they were (forcibly?) linked into the Marvel Universe. Even Spiderman turned up.

They were spun off into their own timeline fairly soon after the Spider-Man thing, it's Earth-91274 in the old multiverse (so presumably it's gone now unless Franklin really likes 80s cartoons).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm also caught up with Chew, read from #30ish to #53. Are people here still reading? I loved
Tony eating Poyo and The Collector finale (finally, some payoff)
, but my general opinion of Chew after 50+ issues is that it's mostly decent, but rarely great. Of all the Image series I started and read, it's still my least favorite.

MG310

Every time I see Frank Cho art, my first thought is that it's kind of pathetic that he's still doing this, and the second is that he's an amazing artist. I wish he wouldn't spend so much time on a grudge and do some other stuff.

But at least he touched upon one thing that can unite us all. Sins Past is hot hot garbage.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm also caught up with Chew, read from #30ish to #53. Are people here still reading? I loved
Tony eating Poyo and The Collector finale (finally, some payoff)
, but my general opinion of Chew after 50+ issues is that it's mostly decent, but rarely great. Of all the Image series I started and read, it's still my least favorite.

I'm still reading. The post 50 issues have been kind of MEH but overall I'd probably still rank it in my Top 10 Image titles.

I liked it

image.php

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I liked Sarah and Gabriel and the art was amazing. It has also one of my favorite Mary Jane scenes. The one with the audition for the musical.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything positive about Sins Past before so props to you gameprof

I'll say this...I liked the first four parts. Its a really dramatic thriller for the first 2/3rds, lot of dark shadows, great melodramatic body language from Mike Deodato Jr. A dark secret from Peter's past, wtf could it be, where the HELL is this story going...

and then it goes there

I read some Solo this weekend because I was tired of getting owned on SFV, and yeah the Richard Corben issue is fucking rad. I don't think I'd ever read his stuff before but now i wanna read some of those indie horror comics he's done because I really liked that issue

The Tim Sale one was kinda cool too for decent genre noir comics

I'll say this...I liked the first four parts. Its a really dramatic thriller for the first 2/3rds, lot of dark shadows, great melodramatic body language from Mike Deodato Jr. A dark secret from Peter's past, wtf could it be, where the HELL is this story going...

and then it goes there

and after that it sort of just limply goes to the end.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

and then it goes there
What do you think of JMS original idea to make Sarah and Gabriel Peters children?

Top Bottom