• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Today a Comic-GAF saga ended:

maJZWaZ.png

Holy shit. I thought this day would never come. Congrats!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love how the introduction to Red Son claims that Mark Miller doesnt write comics where there is a clear cut between black and white

shingi70

Banned
Y'all should read Cyborg #8. Really fun issue that has a team up between Victor and Billy fighting Kamandi beast dudes. The book is really coming into its own.

AC Nightwing is just a good design. It's basically a direct copy of his comic design.

But that shit in AK is pitifully bad

AK designs were unmemorable.

I hope whenever they do a Justice League or Superman game, it's Montreal's art team. AO had some of the best designs ever.

As as a side question, is there any book that explains Sinestro's Downfall? I know there is a sinestro issue that gives his origin but it's not really comprehensive. The closest thing I've found is First Flight movie.

Owzers

Did anyone read Karnak #2? Today is the last day to fiddle with dcbs pre-orders and i'm thinking about dropping Karnak #6 and adding Power Man and Iron Fist #3 instead.

The downfalls of pre-orders...

AK designs were unmemorable.

I hope whenever they do a Justice League or Superman game, it's Montreal's art team. AO had some of the best designs ever.

As as a side question, is there any book that explains Sinestro's Downfall? I know there is a sinestro issue that gives his origin but it's not really comprehensive. The closest thing I've found is First Flight movie.
I replayed AO recently and, from a visual perspective, that game is actually really good. I actually enjoyed that game more than AK.

I'm sure there's an issue or two that's pre-Parallax Hal where the whole downfall of Sinestro is played out. Since that's when it happened.

tim1138

Green Lantern (vol 2) #7 from 1961.
Here's a couple crappy cellphone pictures:

I'm pretty sure there's a modern retelling of it prior to the Emerald Twilight arc (Green Lantern vol 3 #48-#50) and probably again during Johns run, but this is the basis that has remained cannon since it was first published.

Owzers

Tornado Watch...i knew there would be consequences for a Roman Reigns avatar but i thought they wouldn't be that bad.

forget watch, I'm in the red. Comics-gaf, wind should never be a thing.

Li Kao

Batgirl #38 and no, this is just unnacceptable. While not my prefered new DC series I can dig the great art, but are you fucking seriously trying to shove a ridiculously black & white pre-teen movie plot about celebrity and selling-out, here ? Really ? Have the writers been abducted and replaced by some drunk showrunner from the 80's ?
Really irked me. Wider audience doesn't have to mean third rate plotting.

Messi

Batgirl #38 and no, this is just unnacceptable. While not my prefered new DC series I can dig the great art, but are you fucking seriously trying to shove a ridiculously black & white pre-teen movie plot about celebrity and selling-out, here ? Really ? Have the writers been abducted and replaced by some drunk showrunner from the 80's ?
Really irked me. Wider audience doesn't have to mean third rate plotting.

Yeah...you should stop reading that book if these are your opinions on that issue. Thats the tone it holds going forward.

Li Kao

Yeah...you should stop reading that book if these are your opinions on that issue. Thats the tone it holds going forward.

Shit. I want to like the book. But a plot centered around taking selfies and going on a celebrity meltdown makes me groan.

fauxtrot

Banned
How has Max Landis's American Alien been so far? Been meaning to pick it up but I'll probably wait until it finishes releasing.

Messi

Shit. I want to like the book. But a plot centered around taking selfies and going on a celebrity meltdown makes me groan.

Bail out lol. This is not like the batgirl that came before it.

How has Max Landis's American Alien been so far? Been meaning to pick it up but I'll probably wait until it finishes releasing.

Great so far. Art and story has been on point.

fauxtrot

Banned
Awesome, I'm excited to check it out then. I like Max Landis thanks to Wrestling Isn't Wrestling and his Death of Superman videos... maybe he'll write a decent movie one day too. If not, hopefully we'll see him continue writing comics every once in a while.

Can we all appreciate this double page spread from New Suicide Squad #17. Juan Ferreyra doing work!

Horrible layout. I asked my sister and mother to read it and they couldn't figure out which bubbles to read first because the guy at top takes your eyes to the other side of the page then the panels underneath that make it even more confusing.

fauxtrot

Banned
That's Spider-Man alright!

Could be the new costume but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Either way, it's not like it's gonna look that different regardless if this is an official picture of it or not.

Messi

Silk was really good this month. Veronica Fish is a wonderful artist. Silk was almost too evil for me though. It made me :(

Top Bottom