• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
With Lafuente. Fuck Yes.

If true it'd hope it's a new group of weird mutants and not the Orphan and U-Go Girl all over again.

Bro, Mister Sensitive + U-Go Girl 4 lyf. Best mutant couple of all time.

Have there been any other Doop stories in the WaTXM run, because the one I read is beyond excellent (Allred and Aaron did great on that issue)?

Cheska

A little off topicish, but do any of you feel less motivated to play games because you rather read comics? I mean obviously were all fans of comics here, there's a reason we spend so much time browsing and posting in this thread. I feel like I've been able to split my time 50/50 between games and comics in the past, but recently, even with the excitement of next gen, I've had little urge to play the mountain of good games in favor of reading a trade.

Vibranium

Banned
A little off topicish, but do any of you feel less motivated to play games because you rather read comics? I mean obviously were all fans of comics here, there's a reason we spend so much time browsing and posting in this thread. I feel like I've been able to split my time 50/50 between games and comics in the past, but recently, even with the excitement of next gen, I've had little urge to play the mountain of good games in favor of reading a trade.

Not really, I split my time pretty well. I'm a ridiculously fast reader and I work through my games backlog on my own time. It all depends on the person I think.

Haha, not less motivated, but I have a good few hobbies. Comics is one, games is another. I'm a really big book reader though and a hardcore UFC fan, and I'm pretty much into all these things on a highly passionate level. So inevitably one will replace the others at times, but not because I prefer one. It just depends whats going on in their own worlds. If a load of new trades came out, I'll probably spend a lot of evening for a week or so reading comics. But since I got my PS4/Vita combo, I've been playing a lot of games too. When a big show is on, I'll junk out of fights all weekend. Generally though, I always want to fit them all but given spending time with the little one comes in far above all these, I can only fit in so much in haha so often preferences come in waves of hype for something going on with one, but they all elbow their way in eventually.

I feel the same way. I have given up on games having good stories because they rarely deliver on that front. Now I resort to gamey games that I can play for a few then put down. Comics are my love now for stories.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Stop rereading Harley Quinn and go play Last of Us, yo.

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #3

I think I love Miles and his Amazing Friends as much as I loved the short-lived Peter and his Amazing Friends. Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Bombshell, Cloak, and Dagger are pretty cool together.

Splatt

OH GOD ITS HAPPENING

ALERT FRYE

Bring back Anarchist!!!

C8KEG00Z.jpg

Parch

A little off topicish, but do any of you feel less motivated to play games because you rather read comics?
Definitely. My interest in games has declined significantly. I also watch more TV and listen to audiobooks more than I used to.

I'm not buying the issue but plot dump aside, does All-New Invaders look decent? I'm buying this mainly because of Bucky though, since he hasn't been given a second chance at a solo with a movie coming up. Another new teaser about something else, and Marvel ignores Winter Soldier who they should be pushing the hell out of..

There is Remender's upcoming mini-series, The Bitter March, which stars Bucky.

A little off topicish, but do any of you feel less motivated to play games because you rather read comics?

Been very burned out on games for awhile now. Next gen holds very little interest for me. Didn't stop me spending a ton in the Steam sale though. I like reading in general, I'm not good at binge-watch culture so I don't watch much TV. Movies are very expensive, there are no rental places in the whole county and Netflix never has anything I'm interested in. On top of that, I don't have a lot of free time during the academic year. So, I read on the bus and before I go to sleep.

Vibranium

Banned
There is Remender's upcoming mini-series, The Bitter March, which stars Bucky.

I know about it and am still excited, but if you read the previews Remender plans on pushing Ran Shen and Fury as protagonists more than Bucky, which means we won't actually get in his head. The front cover even has Shen in a chair, Bucky is in the background.

It's nice he'll be in the mix, but I think the Iron Nail will take a lot from Winter Soldier unfortunately. I wish it was more of a standalone WS story, I just miss the solo so badly.

Splatt

I can't believe "All-New" X-Factor is rehashing the "evil company in disguise hires superheroes to do their bidding" plot... dropped.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've been reading some late-70s Daredevil. Weird stuff. The world was very different then.

I'd be cool with it even if its Doop/Wolverine book.

I have ginormous backlog on both!
I go back and forth, mostly reading some things before I go to bed unless its something I can't wait to read when I get home like Harley or Rat Queens or X-Factor before they ended it.
Though some things I save like Daredevil because I know its the best and it gets backed up from me putting it off also

I think its out Feb or March

i think they're talking about the All New Point One issue thing that has a collection of short teases for the new books

i pre-ordered silver surfer but not black widow

We're talking about the Point One feature, which was one among many boring features, including an All-New Invaders plot exposition dump, a pretty schway Black Widow feature teasing a book you could -and probably should- just purchase right the fuck now, a pretty nifty New Ms. Marvel story which, full disclosure, I probably would've called out for being super standard teen hero fare had it not been about a pakistani-american girl from Jersey, meaning it's not the standard teen hero you see in comics, meaning it's something new that's needed and a Cannonball and Sunspot story (yay) written by Spencer (boo) that's far too wordy for its own good, all wrapped up in a neat but underdeveloped due to its stated goal of framing the book Loki story. And there's a bad Silver Surfer feature in it too.

ah, didn't know, thanks. no wonder i didn't see it at either shop, i thought i just missed it.

Mafro

I can't believe "All-New" X-Factor is rehashing the "evil company in disguise hires superheroes to do their bidding" plot... dropped.
Why did you bother buying it in the first place when that plot was known about when the series was first revealed? Seems dumb to drop it after issue #1 over a little knee-jerk reaction.

Splatt

Why did you bother buying it in the first place when that plot was known about when the series was first revealed? Seems dumb to drop it after issue #1 over a little knee-jerk reaction.

Because it's Peter David. Thought he could put a twist on it.

Messi

I feel like this is happening me more and more, my interest in gaming is waning where my love of comics/reading is growing at a rapid pace. I have not read this much in years and it makes me feel good following along and discussing comics here with you folks.

I did want to post and say and you to all of the posters here who have helped me get back into comics since July of last year. Your advice and recommendations have he steered me towards books that I would never have tried and would have missed out on. Comics like SAGA,Sunstone, Y:The Last Man, Chew and American Vampire. I feel very glad to have been welcomed in this community and I do apologise if I lay on the Harley love a bit too much.

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #3

I think I love Miles and his Amazing Friends as much as I loved the short-lived Peter and his Amazing Friends. Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Bombshell, Cloak, and Dagger are pretty cool together.

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I love all of them.

Stop rereading Harley Quinn and go play Last of Us, yo.

I re read Harley #1 and I have to say I still think its a fantastic first issue for that series, sets things up nicely and the art is lovely. It is very vibrant and fits Harley's style. Sometimes I like a light read and Harley is perfect for that.

I split my time between games, comics, anime and regular TV. But I don't really play that much during the work-week. So most nights I'd rather just veg-out and read or watch something.

Splatt

Then by that logic surely you should be sticking with the series to see where it goes rather than dropping it after its first issue.

First issue was so bland and cliche it soured me on the whole deal... I'll check out previews and impressions for the next few issues and decide then.

ElNarez

Banned
THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS
9WWDD9H.jpg

Look at this fucking face. This is the face of a guy who's given up on life, knowing he would forever be written by Dan fucking Slott.

Damian Son of Batman is masterclass in art and colors. But its a big proponent of why artists shouldn't write or have their mothers edit their books.

I've flipped through the series at my LCS, art looked fantastic, story.... not. DC hasn't been good lately when they let artists be their own writers.

Mega Hype for new Iron Fist by Andrews.... And Doop!!! by Milligan!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Doc Ock still spider man? I need to read that run some day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom