• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

So....I have been out of the loop for a few weeks regarding comic news...

1. Peter is back?
2. IRON FIST ongoing in April?

Damn it, 2014 best year ever confirmed?

I'm leaning to wards the new character being the Earth 2 Martian Manhunter. I don't know about it still being Scott though, what they did to him sounded pretty damn brutal. Don't they beat him till his body stops twitching and he's just some big bloody lumps or meat.

1) I don't think so. They teased it shortly but I don't think they would go this way. I don't think they want too many prime earth charas pulling double duty on E2
2) We didn't see it. We only had the caption.
That told us that he stopped moving. It will be Alan. He was even referenced as one of the main charas going forward by Taylor. He simply needed the time to set up his own plot and charas before returning to Alan and Kendra

Bigfoot

Anyone have thoughts on Zero, Pretty Deadly, Black Science, Velvet, East of West, or The Wake? I'm looking at adding something new to my small pull list that I can get in on early and these are the titles up for the spot. I'm thinking I'll go with one or two of them.

Blink Me

Anyone have thoughts on Zero, Pretty Deadly, Black Science, Velvet, East of West, or The Wake? I'm looking at adding something new to my small pull list that I can get in on early and these are the titles up for the spot. I'm thinking I'll go with one or two of them.

Black Science was really good I need to add that on my pull list. The Wake has stopped for now but will continue in March I think. Its pretty good basically a horror comic underwater. Pretty Deadly was pretty good sort of a Western with mystical themes. And I'm really enjoying East of West but don't really know how to describe it.

All are amazing. The only one not on my pull list is The Wake but always pick it up when it comes out. In my opinion, Zero has a real edge that other books out there don't have.

Bigfoot

Thanks. Zero and Black Science were actually the two choices I was leaning on. I'm not reading anything science fiction so Black Science fills that, and I always like the anti-hero stuff which is the reason for Zero.

I like to keep my pull list small so I'll probably pick up some of the others in trade form later on.

If you like secret agent assassin espionage and other words like that then Zero is for you. It's stylish and cool and good-looking. Pretty Deadly is.. Well, mysterious. It contains beautifully drawn horses and bodies and pretty colours. If you like things a little abstract and to think hard about your comics then it is for you. Velvet Templeton is James Bond in female form. Velvet is cinematic and gorgeous and exquisitely crafted. I don't know you, but I think you need Velvet in your life.

tim1138

Zero is f'n awesome. It's a spy book by Ales Kot where each issue is a one and done story (and has a different artist as well), but is part of a larger narrative of the life of the titular character Edward Zero. It's up there with Manhattan Projects as one of my favorite books being released.

Click

There's a couple of prime pics in here for your next avatar Rafa.

QUQU6KE.png

wRKsdlg.png

SRG01

Guys, GUYS, what if for Amazing Spider-man
Miles replaces Doc Ock inside Peter's body?!

Oh god no, please don't let it be this

Cheska

Yo, what do you guys think of Wolverine and the X-Men? Worth getting into?

It's a fantastic series and one of Marvels best. However, it's also "ending" and the giant sized omnibus will be releasing this year, so I'd personally wait for that.

If you're looking for something new in the same vain as WatX, Amazing X-Men just started and has two issues out already. It features Nightcraweler and a bunch of X-Men including Wolvie.

Toa TAK

Banned
I like it quite a bit, but its had ups and downs. At this point, I'd wait for the upcoming omnibus.

It's a fantastic series and one of Marvels best. However, it's also "ending" and the giant sized omnibus will be releasing this year, so I'd personally wait for that.

If you're looking for something new in the same vain as WatX, Amazing X-Men just started and has two issues out already. It features Nightcraweler and a bunch of X-Men including Wolvie.
Sweet, thanks guys. I'll definitely pick up the omnibus when it releases.
Beat you. ;)
Now now kids. :p
I think someone has a crush on Olivia Wilde. Good taste brah.
I second this. Nice on Messi. I'll be impressed if you could land her (even if she is pregnant).

Huh. Kind of thought at least one of the big sites would be liveblogging the image keynote in ten, but can't find anything of the sort. This stuff isn't embargoed is it?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Somebody come get me when they announce that Brandon Graham is doing an issue of Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom