• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were kidding with that invinicible #1 thing, they joked about issue #111 being like three #1s. Not sure though.

I'm pretty sure that's the joke. Not that it's particularly funny :p

Hahah well it's one of those *jokes* isn't it. They're prodding at the big two while still using the same marketing to get peoples attention. Admittedly, I missed the joke though. To make up for it, i'll share the new amazing spiderman cover that releaked earlier this afternoon. The truth
of my copy and paste skills
revealed:

9wwdd9hy3j88.jpg

it's charles soule's face

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
http://multiversitycomics.com/news/image-expo-keynote/
Keatinge was followed by writer/artist Brandon Graham of Image’s fantastic “Propet” and “Multiple Warheads.” Graham announced a new shared fantasy-universe series called “8House,” by him and “a ton of people.” The book will follow eight magical houses that control the universe, surrounded by magical wars and “the bodies of Cthulhu monsters in space.” Some of the contributors to the series will include Marian Churchland and Emma Rios, which is infinitely exciting.

Yup, that sounds up Graham's alley. Cool.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Great news, the real superior Spider-Man returns :) SpOck had his time, now bring the real deal back. The people who want to read a darker Spider-Man can read Venom or Scarlet Spider.

I just want to see Pete's reaction when he realizes nobody knew (or cared) that he turned into a complete asshole killer who funded his own paramilitary henchmen.

I mean SpOck has shitted on everyone he knows except aunt may at this point and the most they will say is he's acting weird...

Oh man, that Brandon Graham project sounds amazing haha. Sounds like he realised that as far as he's gone with Prophet, he's got the star power now to just straight up do his own *universe* and go even wackier.

tim1138

That Brandon Graham book sounds amazing.

Now gimme more Ales Kot goodness!

Remender's book with Tocchini was announced. Underwater sci fi called Low.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Low is finally coming in July! That concept art back in the day was so fucking cool.

Planned for 60 issues!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Casanova. This is too much. I can't handle myself, guys.

Whoever guessed that Criminal might come to Image, I'll believe it man, MArvel clearly do not give one fuck about Icon anymore. Fraction is pretty locked up with Marvel and yet still.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Whoever guessed that Criminal might come to Image, I'll believe it man, MArvel clearly do not give one fuck about Icon anymore. Fraction is pretty locked up with Marvel and yet still.

HOLLLLL UP. Casanova is an Icon comic....what the fuck is going on here?

How pumped are you for KSD's new book Bitch Planet, Rafa?

Hahahahah. The fact I thought this was a joke, refreshed the liveblog, and it was legit - lulz.

That's how creator-owned works

the creator can take the work he owns to other places

For sure. Just the fact he's taken it to Image though, I can only assume it's because Marvel has no interest in publishing any creator owned bar Bendis.

Filthy Slug

That's how creator-owned works

the creator can take the work he owns to other places

I wasn't sure if there was some kind of deal he had with Marvel, but this is the best damn news. Fuck Icon, get Casanova on that good Image quality paper.

ElNarez

Banned
If we're judging comic books solely based on their titles, and we should, Pretty Deadly was pretty fucking meh. BITCH PLANET can only be fucking amazing.

Filthy Slug

I hope grant Morrison is there and drops a bomb

Yo, I'm at work and can't take a Morrison announcement right now. If that happens, I'm gonna start dropkicking people out of excitement.

Also, yuck, Nick Spencer...

frye

fuck, he's working with morgan jeske? NICK SPENCER TAKING ALL YR FAVOURITES

e: BUTCH GUICE & FRAZER IRVING TOO!??!?!

How the fuck did he get Frazier Irving? Why do the premises sound like they were created by manatees with idea balls? Fuck fuxk fuxk fuxk fuxk fuxk fuxk fuck fuxk fuck

To take a line from Agents of Shield "This is my origin story."

Filthy Slug

Nick Spencer is the new Mark Millar. Both need to be shuttled off into a giant anus of outer space.

Filthy Slug

Please. Spencer is just bad. Mark Millar is actively toxic.

I know but he's taking Frazer Irving and I'm mad about that ;(

Although there was that Morrison/Irving project from a while ago that suddenly disappeared....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom