• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
COMIX ON COMIX NOW: I'm somewhat hype for a James Robinson getting drunk and trying to reboot Golden Age characters comic

Ephidel

@aaronmeyers said:
8HOUSE.jpg
Well, I definitely want to read that.

Is the Remender/Toccini book the one from before that had the fish headed girl with a gun and the purple promo art (http://multiversitycomics.com/news/remender-teases-new-creator-owned-project-with-greg-tocchini/)? So it's been in the line for at least two years?

@aaronmeyers said:
Looks stylish.

(That one's from Multiversity -http://multiversitycomics.com/news/...tch-planet-with-valentine-delandro-exclusive/)
Haha, I don't know if I want to read that or not (who am I kidding, I do).

Image Twitter said:
Second announcement! @NickSpencer's PARADIGMS will be a story of clans a la Game of Thrones, but set in a modern day spy thriller #imageEXPO
I like the idea, but I really dislike this style of 'that thing mixed with this thing' advertising :|
Image Twitter said:
. @NickSpencer's last announcment is a book with Frazer Irving about the last survivors of earth in the distant future, CERULEAN. #imageEXPO
@aaronmeyers said:
Also not overly fond of spencer. But I do like science fiction, and I do like Irving. I... I don't know :(

@EmertainmentMon said:
Airboy is a "semi-autobiographical" tale about Robinson entering Airboy's world. It oddly has both Nazis and full-frontal nudity. #imageEXPO
Well... that sounds... what?

I personally really like Morning Glories, for what it's worth to y'all. He gets ahea dof himself often with the clever plotting attempting, but it was good characters and dialogue, interesting happenings etc. I found Bedlam to be outrageously bad and actually a little sick in the head.

ElNarez

Banned
Next book is Higgins (!) doing a 1960's Chicago labor union superhero team with Rod Reis. This sounds pretty fucking amazing to me.

tim1138

Here's the details for Rafa's new favorite book, Bitch Planet:

Illustrated by Valentine DeLandro with designer Rian Hughes, Kelly describes the book as “a riff on sci-fi and women in prison exploitation films. It’s about a prison break from a women’s penal planet.”

Ahhhh. I feel bad for Kyle Higgins, but I just wouldn't touch anything by him, I just genuinely do not think he's very talented. It would take alot for me to turn that opinion around after his nightwing run, particularly if he's doing superhero stuff independently as well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Morrison and Burnham on a creator owned project. This is the absurdest day ever

Owzers

I like Morning Glories, it just needs to be...not told in a way that expects you to have every previous issue as a reference guide. I'll probably give each first issue a chance of new Spencer stuff.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Can anyone answer my question? I'm catching up on my Batman and want to know if the Villains Month issues happen within Zero Year continuity or not. It'll help a lot to know how I should be reading these.

Thanks!

John Layman (Chew) tweeted "Reading all this #ImageEXPO stuff makes me wish I had a book with Image" and Tim Seeley (Revival) retweeted it. Welp.

frye

I kiiinda feel like a straight horror book doesn't really play to either Morrison or Burnham's strengths but I'm willing to be proven wrong!

Ephidel

Yes. At the expo they just said it's been in the works for 3.5 years.
Excellent, I liked that artwork, will be interesting to see how the series is.

That art really is gorgeous.

@aaronmeyers said:
@EmertainmentMon said:
Kyle Higgins' C.O.W.L.: A 1960s labor union organizes superheroes, but after the villains have been eliminated what's next?

@debaoki said:
@CBR said:
@kierongillen & @McKelvie's “The Wicked & The Divine” ongoing about the current generation of gods
Gillen and McKelvie :D
Ongoing Gillen and McKelvie with Gods in it. I want this far too much.

How am I going to find room for all of this stuff :x

I'm hype for the new KSD and Brandon Graham books. I'll even buy that Nick Spencer/Morgan Jeske book
Next book is Higgins (!) doing a 1960's Chicago labor union superhero team with Rod Reis. This sounds pretty fucking amazing to me.
Higgins is a dude who i've always considered around "okay" so it should be interesting to see him do his own stuff
NEW GILLEN & MCKELVIE ONGOING!!!!!!!
HAVE MY MONEY IMAGE

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I kiiinda feel like a straight horror book doesn't really play to either Morrison or Burnham's strengths but I'm willing to be proven wrong!

I'm with ya but the two are an incredible team, and now have no restrictions. Shit is going to be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom