• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fatale ending at #24.

Brubaker and Phillips signed some kind of 5 year deal with Image letting them do whatever the hell they want.

New book called The Fade Out.

Messi

ITS HAPPENING

allnewdooppreview-48ea6.jpg

What am I even looking at? Why is that cucumber kissing a piece of paper? Is that Rafa?
:p

If I had just one wish
One demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this,life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet this world
With arms wide open

Owzers

Yay for new Synder and Morrison projects. Boo @ them both being horror books.

<---Is not a fan of horror.

I was just going to say that i'm disappointed in all this horror stuff, i hope it's better than just nails being ripped off or other random " oh noes" gore.

I was just going to say that i'm disappointed in all this horror stuff, i hope it's better than just nails being ripped off or other random " oh noes" gore.

Huh? If you look at the big horror books of today, American Vampire, Locke & Key, Fatale, I'm not sure that is really a good characterisation of the genre at the moment.

Marvel Now books look okay, adding a few like Silver Surfer despite gaf hate, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel. She-Hulk, and maybe a couple others.

Image Expo is going to break me.

DC....they still make comics?

I was not expecting Image to drop all these bombs, I might be collecting more Image titles than Marvel soon.

Owzers

Huh? If you look at the big horror books of today, American Vampire, Locke & Key, Fatale, I'm not sure that is really a good characterisation of the genre at the moment.

i watch too many netflix streaming horror movies....you're probably right, i liked all three that you mention.

Snyder says. "I want this book to be the blackest, most twisted horror that I've ever done. I want it to be the book I feel terrible about at my kids' soccer game. I want this book to be like, you read it and say, 'They let this guy write Superman?'" Describing the premise, Snyder says the series will reveal actual witches are "much darker" than what mythology has led people to believe.

That part made me knee-jerk into thinking it was going to be a sick gorefest.

i watch too many netflix streaming horror movies....you're probably right, i liked all three that you mention.

That part made me knee-jerk into thinking it was going to be a sick gorefest.

True enough it is a bit of a *headline quote* from the Snyde but I imagine it'll remain intelligent and what not, he's probably just trying to get ppl hype. I almost listed Sweet Tooth as well. Not sure how many people would agree with me, but a lot of stuff creeped me out in Sweet Tooth and kind of*horrified* me emotionly, how the world could be so cruel etc., but I guess that's bigger than just horror. Point is though, I think we're in safe hands these days, I think a pure gore book would get called out quickly due to a book's peers when you say horror.

Ephidel

Cover for Ody-C, which is massive, but hopefully the quote tags will fix that
@debaoki said:

Restoration from Willingham sounded interesting but dropped off the tweets entirely too fast for me to catch much, so I guess I'll have to wait for an interview or so to post more about that.

Snyder's Wytches has a terrible name but is definitely of interest.

Haha, just saw this one:
@kosmonautbruce said:

Additionally, Brubaker's past creator-owned books like "Criminal" and "Incognito," originally published by Marvel's Icon line, will now be at Image.

From the CBR blog thing. Crazy. This was so much bigger an announcement than I expected. So many books.

Low looks quick Bioshock-y there.

Can anyone answer my question? I'm catching up on my Batman and want to know if the Villains Month issues happen within Zero Year continuity or not. It'll help a lot to know how I should be reading these.

Thanks!

The Riddler one is the only Villains Issue even slightly related to Zero Year. It's set in the present day but mentions Zero Year very slightly. You don't have to read it to follow Zero Year but it's a good issue.

tim1138

In the Burnham/Morrison excitement I totally missed the Gillen/McKelvie announcement, a new boom is cool but where's volume 3 of Phonogram?

Top books for everyone then? Mind have to be Wytches, Fade Out, Paradigms & Low. There was a good few there I wouldn't go near either but that's whats best here I think . Lots of BIG announcements and lots of diversity. It would be hard for anyone to read all those announcements and see literally nothing for them.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
John Layman: Newsarama's coverage of #ImageEXPO is kinda like Fox News' coverage of Chris Christie.

Haha.

In the Burnham/Morrison excitement I totally missed the Gillen/McKelvie announcement, a new boom is cool but where's volume 3 of Phonogram?

McKelvie is doing the 1st and 3rd arcs of The Wicked & The Divine. Between that he's doing Phonogram. More details at the end of this interview: http://comicsalliance.com/the-wicke...n-gillen-interview-jamie-mckelvie-image-expo/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom