• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

I need this:

The-Wicked-The-Divine1.jpg

I've been cautiously intrigued by Ody-c but those teaser images are uh... Well, drawing inspiration from Liefeld's Captain America isn't where I'd have gone.

Top books for everyone then? Mind have to be Wytches, Fade Out, Paradigms & Low. There was a good few there I wouldn't go near either but that's whats best here I think . Lots of BIG announcements and lots of diversity. It would be hard for anyone to read all those announcements and see literally nothing for them.

The Wicked & The Divine
8House
Bitch Planet
Great Beyond
The Fade Out
C.O.W.L.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
8House, C.O.W.L., The Fade Out, Low, Nameless and Wytches are the ones on my radar.

Posting from my phone on my lunch break so I can't get into the nitty gritty of these announcements, but DAMN it sounds like Image dropped some bombs at the Expo. Can't wait to get home and check out some of these reveals.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
OMGOMGOMG. BURNHAM AND MORRISON. MY DREAM TEAM IS BACK, BABY!
Never been a fan of horror, but I don't even care.
Edit: Aww. Only a 6-issue miniseries. Oh well.

Also, is it just me or did a massive power shift just occur? I'm pretty new to the comics world, but today seems like a massive day for Image, signing on all these great writers (not to mention all the great writers they already had).

I'm most excited about Wytches. I'm a Snyder fanboy. Already called my wife and said were dropping some books off our list to make room. Goodbye Catwoman and Morning Glories, Suicide Squad and a few others.

Owzers

i'm not really "hyped" for anything since there were so many announcements its hard to keep them straight and i haven't seen a lot of teaser art for them yet, but i'll be buying a lot of them. Maybe that Graham 8thingy sounds really intriguing.

Messi

I'm most excited about Wytches. I'm a Snyder fanboy. Already called my wife and said were dropping some books off our list to make room. Goodbye Catwoman and Morning Glories, Suicide Squad and a few others.

No, Not Suicide Squad. Be reasonable damn it.

Comics reporter and podcaster Al Kennedy (House to Astonish) said on Twitter that Image has one more "major announcement" set to drop this weekend. Then he tweeted: "Okay, I can’t say any more just now but it’s going to be a killer."

He says it's not Criminal. Wonder what it is.

Owzers

Comics reporter and podcaster Al Kennedy (House to Astonish) said on Twitter that Image has one more "major announcement" set to drop this weekend. Then he tweeted: "Okay, I can’t say any more just now but it’s going to be a killer."

He says it's not Criminal. Wonder what it is.

All the books announced today take place in the Millerverse.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Not Catwoman...you're a monster.

fallingdove

wow. i just finished 6 gun gorilla. what an awesome book - so glad i picked up the six issues instead of waiting for the trade.

tried to pick up AWA #3 last night too, it was sold out. it wasn't hard to get the other afterlife issues, i wonder where the interest suddenly came from. (maybe people are itching for the new black beetle and were craving a taste of francavilla. Anyway - picked up hunterkind #1 instead, i was so disappointed with it given how awesome the cover looked. oh well - 6gg more than made up for my initial disappointments.

Hey, guys! I missed out on a couple Superior Spiderman issues. How's the series holding up?
I stopped on the first issue of the "Doc Ock meets Flash-Venom."

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Image's hardcovers are nearly on par with Dark Horse's, right? I feel like I heard good things about them, but I can't remember.
With all these new series and re-releases, I really want the answer to be yes.

Messi

Image's hardcovers are nearly on par with Dark Horse's, right? I feel like I heard good things about them, but I can't remember.
With all these new series and re-releases, I really want the answer to be yes.

My Revival hardcover is beautiful and well done.

Owzers

The story to All-New Doop will take place amidst the "Battle of the Atom" crossover from late 2013, with Doop's story taking place "in the margins" of that one, says Milligan. "though Doop seemed to play no part in the original Battle of the Atom, this story reveals the truth. And the truth is very surprising, in a very Doop kind of way." The future and past characters from that crossover will also appear in this story.

http://www.newsarama.com/20000-yup-doop-is-getting-his-own-series-no-really.html

Why must it involve Battle of the Atom? I'm in though for the 5 issue mini.

Glad to hear the news about Fatale ending. It's been enjoyable, but it hasn't really been going anywhere for a while now. Best to end the series before shit gets too silly. Also excited about their new book, The Fade Out. Anything similar to Criminal is bound to be cool.

The big Invincible news turned out to be nothing but a big cock-tease. :p

Any other big news from Image Expo that I missed?

Also, is it just me or did a massive power shift just occur? I'm pretty new to the comics world, but today seems like a massive day for Image, signing on all these great writers (not to mention all the great writers they already had).

Well except for Brubaker and Phillips none of the creators are exclusive to Image but the bottom line is that right now "star" creators can make more money on a creator owned book than working for the Big 2. The only other time we've seen that was in the 90's boom, so the big move is to creators and away from companies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So are they gonna re-re-release the Icon Casanova issues/trades back to Image again?

There better be a "Let's Get Fucked!" edition. Fraction tweeted about it after that issue dropped, and it could be the best thing to touch a bookshelf since the Animal Man omnibus.

Kyne

Hey, guys! I missed out on a couple Superior Spiderman issues. How's the series holding up?
I stopped on the first issue of the "Doc Ock meets Flash-Venom."

that's still sort of where it is..... and next issue shit gets real.

Also, something huge (Spider-Man comic related) has been leaked and is making its rounds through the internet. Be careful if you want to stay in the dark about where the series is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom