• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I know it's easy to prod, it is pretty funny when you put them all together like that, but if people's foundations (as they consciously think of them at least) are not built on their childhood, the experiences they had with their parents and what they taught them, I don't know what they are built on.

That said, that's awesome haha. I look forward to his next parental metaphorical allegory.

You guys I just bought Red Lanterns #21 and #22. Haha! I don't even know who I am. This digital reading is dangerous. Makes it way too easy to be impulsive.

Crazier still, I really liked it! Omg, wtf. The first page I read
a dog was killed
and I was all sad and like "Oh, DC" but the book has a lot of humour actually and fun characters.

I'm scared.

You guys I just bought Red Lanterns #21 and #22. Haha! I don't even know who I am. This digital reading is dangerous. Makes it way too easy to be impulsive.

a dog was killed
and I was all sad and like "Oh, DC" but the book has a lot of humour actually and fun characters.

I'm scared.

W......T........F

Vyer

a dog was killed

I'm scared.

You need Pak's Action Comics now.

arkon

a dog was killed

I'm scared.

I hope you've taken a cold shower and scrubbed yourself clean!

a dog was killed

I'm scared.

Yyyup. Issue 21 for all those books was the "reboot" of the GL universe with new creators and every book (except Green Lantern, which has terrible art) is really quite great. New Guardians was the biggest surprise, since it's New 52 debut was Dud City.

And I did the same thing, just bought them on a whim digitally. God help us.

Messi

Ultimates stuff
I am quite excited that Miles, but more importantly the rest of that team are not going away. I know some people don't like the ultimates stuff but I really enjoy it.

Is there anything worth reading from the Ultimate Marvel universe after Ultimatum and the death of Spider-Man?

I enjoyed the Ultimates and Ultimate Spidey but jumped off a while back.

It's worth quoting this because of how accurate it is

It’s like Garth Ennis and Ireland or (expletive)(facial feature), Brian K Vaughan and stupid trivia, Chris Claremont and BDSM, Brian Bendis and his style of dialogue, Greg Rucka and characters like Sasha Bordeaux/Rene Montoya/Tara Chace/Dex Parios/what’s her name, the lady cop from Adventures of Superman/Elektra/maybe the newlywed widow from Punisher I dunno/the marshal from Wolverine/etc, Mark Millar and really specific numbers and/or really out of place diminutives, Frank Miller and hardboiled/Dirty Harry-style heroes, Warren Ellis and his hard-drinking British dude or lady who takes no guff off anyone and comes up with clever insults while moblogging all the way up and down the Web 2.0, Alan Moore and rape, Nick Spencer and writing terrible comics, Grant Morrison and dead cats, Frank Cho and impeccably drawn but super out of place boobs/butts, Ed Brubaker and women being arm candy for troubled dudes, Peter Milligan and identity issues/questions, and Bruce Jones using “______ THIS!” as a response entirely too often. It’s a tic, and once you notice it, you can’t not notice it, and it yanks you out of the story. It’s the FedEx arrow.

Omega

Banned
Anyone else a Batman Beyond fan?

I've read everything up until issue #5 of 2.0 and I'm confused. Why does Terry hate Bruce?

The only thing I could think of would be if this was a continuation of the JLU episode which served as the Batman Beyond finale. But then again, Terry was like 35 when that happened.

does this get explained or did I miss something?

Sadist

Oh hey comic GAF, a question for you guys; I'm in the mood for something new to read on the Marvel side, but I have no idea what to pick. I know everybody likes Daredevil. but I just can't get into it. I know the current Hawkeye series is good as well. But... is there anything else what I should read?

On the Marvel side, I own these comics;

- New Avengers: Breakout
- Planet Hulk
- Marvel Zombies 1 + 2
- Spider-Men
- Ultimate Spider-Man v1 - v15
- Wolverine: Enemy of the State
- Old Man Logan
- Wolverine & the X-Men v1 - v5
- Astonishing X-Men v1 - v4
- New X-Men Ultimate Collection 1, 2, 3

tim1138

Oh hey comic GAF, a question for you guys; I'm in the mood for something new to read on the Marvel side, but I have no idea what to pick. I know everybody likes Daredevil. but I just can't get into it. I know the current Hawkeye series is good as well. But... is there anything else what I should read?

- Planet Hulk
- Marvel Zombies 1 + 2
- Spider-Men
- Old Man Logan

If you're not opposed to old comics, read the Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, and/or God Loves Man Kills. All three are classic X-Men stories by Chris Claremont.

Messi

- Planet Hulk
- Marvel Zombies 1 + 2
- Spider-Men
- Old Man Logan

Thor: God of Thunder is pretty great.

Owzers

Nextwave Agents of Hate Ult Collection or Immortal Iron Fist Ultimate Collection.

Both are complete in one volume and packed full of goodness.

You need Pak's Action Comics now.

I can't bite down on $4 for a digital issue. Maybe I'll check AC out when it comes down in price in a couple months. Those Red Lantern issues were $2 each and I think that's as high as I can comfortably go for digital right now.

I hope you've taken a cold shower and scrubbed yourself clean!

I bathed in that magic red river on Ysmault. It was wrong but it felt so right.

Sadist

If you're not opposed to old comics, read the Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, and/or God Loves Man Kills. All three are classic X-Men stories by Chris Claremont.
Already read those. It's one of the few "older" comics I could actually read heh.

Thor: God of Thunder is pretty great.
One of those characters I just can't get into. For me personally, he's great in Avengers stuff, (I like him in Uncanny Avengers for example) but stand alone... it doesn't work for me.

Nextwave Agents of Hate Ult Collection or Immortal Iron Fist Ultimate Collection.

Both are complete in one volume and packed full of goodness.
Hmmm, I'll look into those.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, keep 'em coming :)

Messi

One of those characters I just can't get into. For me personally, he's great in Avengers stuff, (I like him in Uncanny Avengers for example) but stand alone... it doesn't work for me.

Did you give that series a try? I would usually agree but this series has been great. Art is beautiful too.

You guys were right, this Deadpool book does get better after the Dead Presidents thing. This story, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is one of the best DP stories I've ever read, quite frankly. A big improvement over years of middling Daniel Way comics.

Messi

You guys were right, this Deadpool book does get better after the Dead Presidents thing. This story, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is one of the best DP stories I've ever read, quite frankly. A big improvement over years of middling Daniel Way comics.

I really hated the Presidents arc, but after that is been great.

Sadist

Did you give that series a try? I would usually agree but this series has been great. Art is beautiful too.
Nope. But here's the thing, getting comic books here in Holland is quite expensive and I'm just not that sure if I'll like it. Sure that was the case essentially with the stuff that currenty sits on my bookshelf, but I dunno; those got my attention from the beginning. Yes, I'm being complicated here :p

Or maybe I'm just very fixed on certain Marvel characters; I love Jason Aaron's Wolverine & the X-Men. Shame about some of the tie-in issues with Avengers vs. X-Men, but stuff with Doop makes everything right.

Although, I can't go wrong with Uncanny X-Force right?

Messi

Nope. But here's the thing, getting comic books here in Holland is quite expensive and I'm just not that sure if I'll like it. Sure that was the case essentially with the stuff that currenty sits on my bookshelf, but I dunno; those got my attention from the beginning. Yes, I'm being complicated here :p

Its quite difficult to get books here, I have to travel an hour and a half each way on a bus to get my comics and I only have 2 shops when I get there, they also don't always get everything. so I get alot of stuff digitally.

Owzers

I'm too cynical for a Sinestro book announcement, seems like another book to add to the GL Crossover title list when the next one comes around.

tim said:

BuCZZ1i.gif

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey Filthy Slug, were you the one who was gonna get the Planetary omni? I remember someone saying they were so we could discuss the awesome that is Planetary.

Yo yo, that was me. I know nothing about Planetary but I'm willing to dive the fuck in. Getting it from instocktrades, but it'll be February until we start talking about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom