• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own the big omnibus but haven't gotten around to it. How can you go wrong with that team?

Haha true. It's the only major work I haven't read by Bru, outside of Catwoman. I need to find someone who's read it though, and ask how big a deal it is if you know nothing about Wildstorm, have no interest in Wildstorm etc. I really have no interest in that, just getting more of that creative team. I see places claim you don't need to know a thing about wildstorm and it won't impact your enjoyment, but I've saw that kind of thing claimed before and be inaccurate often. So I was probing to see if I could find anyone in here who could answer my question.

Sadist

Oh I just read about the Ultimate relaunch.

... Fantastic Four with Sue Storm, Iron Man, Machine Man and Sam Wilson? That's something. Will just read Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

Oh I just read about the Ultimate relaunch.

... Fantastic Four with Sue Storm, Iron Man, Machine Man and Sam Wilson? That's something. Will just read Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

I'm really interested in Ultimates and Spider-Man. But I can't get any interest for Ultimate Future Foundation unless they make Machine Man similar to his Nextwave version.

I'm definitely in for All-New Ultimates, I love teen hero books. Such bullshit that that Lobdell Titans abomination is still going, but Young Avengers is gone and Undercover won't last a year (I still love both though).

I might catch up with Miles, I haven't read any post-Peter Ultimate Spider-Man apart from Spider-Men.

I'm not interested in Spidey and Friends. With Kitty being the only non Spidey char in the book with her having a relationship with Pete just makes me shake my head.

They could of included some new characters and such, not to mention mutants and all.

Plus no UXM book either.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Haha true. It's the only major work I haven't read by Bru, outside of Catwoman. I need to find someone who's read it though, and ask how big a deal it is if you know nothing about Wildstorm, have no interest in Wildstorm etc. I really have no interest in that, just getting more of that creative team. I see places claim you don't need to know a thing about wildstorm and it won't impact your enjoyment, but I've saw that kind of thing claimed before and be inaccurate often. So I was probing to see if I could find anyone in here who could answer my question.

You don't need to know anything about Wildstorm. It sits on its own and is excellent. I didn't finish it but got through 3/4ths of it and it's Bru/Phillips nascent awesome relationship coming through in comics form. Basically, it's good shit.

Yes and it's amazing

It's very loosly tied to the windstorm universe. You don't need to know anything going in. I've had friends read and love it that know nothing of the wild storm universe

You don't need to know anything about Wildstorm. It sits on its own and is excellent. I didn't finish it but got through 3/4ths of it and it's Bru/Phillips nascent awesome relationship coming through in comics form. Basically, it's good shit.

Thanks for the responses guys. Sitting reading Gotham Central vol.3 today and had an urge to try mop up the last remaining Bru stuff I've not got. Think I'll pick up Sleeper after the weekend then. I wanted that big omnibus but the price has shot right up, guessing it's low in print or something. I'll probably just get the two season trades.

Splatt

I'd be down for Ultimate FF4 if they managed to get Warren Ellis and threaten him with a gun to continue his goat legs Doom run.

ReiGun

So it looks like Aquaman will be getting the famed second book, Aquaman and the Others starting in April.
iWJDpsXPQPvvy.gif

Is this the EMO spiderman from the movies, or wisecracking spiderman? If its the former, then not interested at ALL. The spiderman I saw in the movies was so far removed from the ones I saw in cartoons as a kid that it left me confused whether the spiderman I thought I knew was a sham and THIS bullshit pansy cry like a river was spidermans true character.
Honestly...he's both. Spider-Man is a fun wisecracker whose also prone to sitting in corners and crying about how hard life is. You take the bad with the good. lol

Will check out Superman for sure, once I start getting a feel of the universe will branch out into Batman and Justice League. Wonder Woman always felt like a de-powered Superman, so why read that? No interest in Aquaman, no idea who Animal Man is lol.

If you like Thor, Wonder Woman might be right up your alley. Swap out Norse mythology with classic Greek and you get stories with monsters, gods, mythical beasts, and sometimes weirdness with aliens or even Nazis. She's an odd one, but one of the more fun characters in the DCU, I feel.

Animal Man is a guy with the power to copy abilities from nearby animals. He's pretty much a C-Lister, but books starring him are really good.

Owzers

I'm not interested in any of the possibly leaked dc announcements....and Batman Eternals seems like it's trying to force my hand of dropping Batman or buying Eternals.

MartyStu

So I am re-watching the Young Justice cartoon and is it just me or is Wondergirl's personality just copy pasted from Stephenie Brown?

ReiGun

So I am re-watching the Young Justice cartoon and is it just me or is Wondergirl's personality just copy pasted from Stephenie Brown?

How could you even tell? She, a lot of the new kids, was barely in the show.

If it wasn't Blue Beetle, Mal, Lagoon Boy, Arsenal, Impulse, or Static's crew, I couldn't tell you want any of the new gen did besides get bodied by Black Beetle.

I like the concept of Punisher, the one dude who isnt afraid to kill. Will definitely try to snag that. Daredevil never interested me... I guess because he looks stupid in his red costume and he's blind, so in the end, how badass can he be?
SO badass, m8
I'm calling it.

All New Ultimates = Young Avengers redux.

It's so going to get cancelled by issue 12.
man, i hope not. I'm anticipating a whole lot. need my teen hero team fix

Sadist

#TeamMiles.
suck it haters
I like you.

But put me on #TeamPeter as well. For me Superior Spider-Man is a mixed bag. Slot made a few issues which made me like Spider-Ock, but there is a lot of... meh going on as well. I'm still baffled that no one in the Marvel U (except for Carly because she encountered Peter in Ock's body) thinks that Spidey's sudden change isn't too alarming. I still lol about that part where the Avengers test him to make sure he's not a Skrull.

He does rock that mad doctor labcoat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom