• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isak_Borg

I know, I was the one who pointed it out here :lol

But it wasn't exactly obvious, you had to look pretty closely.

Yeah, i read everything digital (for obvious reasons) so didnt notice but i'm hyped.

Also miles is in 616 at the moment so will be interesting.

According to Bleeding Cool, Layman is already off that weekly Batbook

That's disappointing. Maybe LAyman was trying to get at something then, when he was saying how decent DC bat editorial are. He doesn't really seem the kind of guy to butter up people when he thinks otherwise. Nor does Snyder seem like a guy who would say everythings good when its not. I wonder what happened. According to Snyder they were like 22 issues in on scripts and each writer just had to do the final script of their arc and that would be them like a third (half is probably an overestimation) through the series already. For Layman to be not only to be leaving after his arc, but altogether out? Crazy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Woah, I must have missed that one. How and where?

It was in the last chapter of the Spider-man 2099 crossover, when Spock was trying to remember how Peter fixed the reverbium. You know that big 2-page spread with the web of memories? Look at the green panels below it very closely. You'll see Peter's figure pushing his way back into the story.

Kayo-kun

It was in the last chapter of the Spider-man 2099 crossover, when Spock was trying to remember how Peter fixed the reverbium. You know that big 2-page spread with the web of memories? Look at the green panels below it very closely. You'll see Peter's figure pushing his way back into the story.

Holy shit! My mind is blown. I went back several issues to look at the last issue with Spider-man 2099 and you're completely right. I missed it while reading the issue.

That's disappointing. Maybe LAyman was trying to get at something then, when he was saying how decent DC bat editorial are. He doesn't really seem the kind of guy to butter up people when he thinks otherwise. Nor does Snyder seem like a guy who would say everythings good when its not. I wonder what happened. According to Snyder they were like 22 issues in on scripts and each writer just had to do the final script of their arc and that would be them like a third (half is probably an overestimation) through the series already. For Layman to be not only to be leaving after his arc, but altogether out? Crazy.

I think it's more that different people have a different idea of what "everything's good" means.

Speaking generally, by which I mean I'm not referencing this weekly project, Snyder has acknowledged that he's has had his own big fights with DC editorial. He's says that's part of it- it happens sometimes. What's key for him is having a clear goal for a run and keeping that at the forefront of his mind. Then when curveballs are thrown, it's a matter of making it work so that he can still achieve his overall vision. It was interesting to hear him talk about it (this is all from his interview on The Hangout). From how he describes it, it sounds to me like he makes the story personally important to him and then he's able to deal with the small battles that come up. He doesn't become bitter from the short term conflicts because of the inherent rewards of having his long term vision supported.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just checked this. I was wondering what that was.

So to that I say "NOOOO!" with a dash of sadface.

I have a huge grin on my face right now.

I noticed that but just shoved to the side.

What is going on with Inhumanity? I've waited years and years for the Inhumans to be the big thing at Marvel. And now the big event isn't happening? WTF?

And, what's this about Young Avengers getting canned? I'm not over Runaways yet...

Not a great start 2014.

ElNarez

Banned
According to Bleeding Cool, Layman is already off that weekly Batbook

I'll believe it when we have something, anything, even the beginning of a scrap of a rumor to back it up. Considering the scale of the project, I cannot believe Layman's outright off it completely, and it might not even be because DC are shitheels this time.

Also, I'm on #TeamGuysMoustache

xXViTus.png

What is going on with Inhumanity? I've waited years and years for the Inhumans to be the big thing at Marvel. And now the big event isn't happening? WTF?

Fraction was let go over creative differences, so for Charles Soule to replace him and for Joe Mad to draw some more pages, the book's been pushed back to April iirc.

And, what's this about Young Avengers getting canned? I'm not over Runaways yet...

Not a great start 2014.

YA was apparently always going to be a limited run. They've said their piece and now they move on to the next thing. And maybe at some point they do Phonogram.

Not a great start 2014.
Inhuman is going be the most editorially driven and written company book on the market. And relax! It won't even feature our favorite Inhumans!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Please. Stop. You're all delusional. It's obviously going to be an April Fools joke. Otto is here to stay.

He never was, this was always just going to be a finite thing (despite Slott's trolling) and that's what made it great. It was a runaway train instead of some new status-quo. Superior's a mini-series, not a new series.

Cheska

No lists yet?

Batgirl #27
Justice League 3000 #2
Superman/Wonder Woman #4
World's Finest #19

Rat Queens #4 :O!
Red Rover Charlie #2
Velvet #3

Amazing X-Men #3
Miracleman #1 (Maaaaaaybe)

diaspora

Glad to see Peter come back. SpOck was just a gimped spider-man that relied on Peter's memories more often than not and fell apart when he couldn't. Kinda wish they turfed Ramos and called it Spectacular but I'll take it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Superior had a good run.

A Superior run, you might say.

uh since the day it happened everyone knew he'd be back for the new movie
lol.

He never was, this was always just going to be a finite thing (despite Slott's trolling) and that's what made it great. It was a runaway train instead of some new status-quo. Superior's a mini-series, not a new series.

Are you for real? What am I supposed to read now?

I mean, minus vol. 1 of Fables coming Wednesday.

I hope after he's done grinning about being back he starts whipping everyones ass...right after Black Cat whips his ass lol

Yeah, what's up with that? She lasted 3 pages in Superior. Got to see where this goes.

No lists yet?

Protocol is that we post lists on Sunday because that's when Diamond updates the website with its new releases. I'm still not sure why we follow this model exactly, but it's fun to have rules about things. I guess since Diamond updates on Sunday, that makes it the final word on what will be dropping on Wedneaday. Not sure how much lists tend to change from the upcoming releases lists they post and the new releases lists.

But, girl, as long as you're pulling Rat Queens, you post your list whenever you damn well please.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hope after he's done grinning about being back he starts whipping everyones ass...right after Black Cat whips his ass lol

why would she? he didn't attack her. Spock did. round up that octopus somehow and let her have a crack at him.

I kinda wish Pete would go on a nomadic journey when he comes back kung fun style.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
why would she? he didn't attack her. Spock did. round up that octopus somehow and let her have a crack at him.

I kinda wish Pete would go on a nomadic journey when he comes back kung fun style.

Agreed, Cyke should have done the same after AvX. You know what, everyone needs a solo kung-fu journey arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom