• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-15 list!

Batgirl 27
Coffin Hill 4
Constantine 10
Justice League 3000 2
JLA 11
Suicide Squad 27
Superman Wonderwoman 4

A Voice in the Dark 3
Alex and Ada 3
Rat Queens 4
Velvet 3

Superior Spider-Man 25

Toa TAK

Banned

tumblr_mco6qiuF1l1rxl7ku.gif

listlist

Batgirl #27
Batman Li'l Gotham #10
Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion #4
Justice League 3000
Justice League Of America #11
Nightwing #27
Superman Wonder Woman #4
Worlds' Finest #19

Rat Queens #4

All-New X-Men #21
Amazing X-Men #3
Daredevil #35
Fantastic Four #16
Superior Spider-Man #25
Uncanny X-Men #16

Listy lists lists I love lists

Batgirl #27
Constantine #10
Green Lantern Corps #27
Justice League 3000 #2
Suicide Squad #27
Superboy #27
Superman Wonder Woman #4
Worlds' Finest #19

Lisssssssssst

Astro City #8
Batgirl #27
Coffin Hill #4
Justice League 3000 #2
Alex + Ada #3
Prophet #42
Rat Queens #4
Velvet #3
All-New X-Men #21
Uncanny X-Men #16

ElNarez

Banned
wait how do lists work again

Astro City #8
Justice League 3000 #2 (I'm so fucking intrigued by this book dang)
Justice League of America #11
Suicide Squad #27 (At this point I'm holding on just like I held on when Kot was announced except no one is announced yet but I'm ready for this to end)
Superman Wonder Woman #4

Adventure Time #24
Archer & Armstrong #17 (last week I forgot to pick up Quantum & Woody this is gonna be heck to find D:)

All-New X-Men #21
Amazing X-Men #3
Daredevil #38
Fantastic Four #16
Miracleman #1 (Speaking of The Original Writer, man, fuck him and those dumb fucking things he said, am I right? I mean holy fuck, we don't even have to ask him the dumb things now he just brings them up because he's a fucking dumb old crochety fucker)
Nova #12
Secret Avengers #14
Thor God Of Thunder #17
Thunderbolts #20
Uncanny X-Force #16
Uncanny X-Men #16
X-Men Legacy #22

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know what? This is going to be a troll. Not sure how but Slott is pulling a fast one on us Peter fans.

No way. This Superior thing always had an end point, they wouldn't have done the stories the way they had if it didn't. It's the Knight's Quest part of Knightfall. SpOck's due for a big fall, everything's been building to it.

Deprive

You know what? This is going to be a troll. Not sure how but Slott is pulling a fast one on us Peter fans.

I don't know... it might not be since the movie is right around the corner.

Then again Slott loves to troll. Hopefully this superior ride doesn't end just yet.

Toa TAK

Banned
No way. This Superior thing always had an end point, they wouldn't have done the stories the way they had if it didn't. It's the Knight's Quest part of Knightfall. SpOck's due for a big fall, everything's been building to it.

I don't understand this. What do you mean they way they did the stories?

I don't know... it might not be since the movie is right around the corner.

Then again Slott loves to troll. Hopefully this superior ride doesn't end just yet.

I don't think he is done yet.

its gonna be norman in the pilot seat

This is a good theory.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't understand this. What do you mean they way they did the stories?

They couldn't have gone as extreme as they did if it was going to be an on-going, also he wouldn't be getting more and more extreme with how he's dealing with things. His story arc is heading towards a fall and it'll be a big one.

This is a good theory.

I seriously doubt this. There's nothing to support this at all.

We probably still have another year and a half of Spider-Slott.
Although Peter is returning I don't think Slott is done with Otto yet. He'll probably be a AI or something while Slott builds up a finale.

Then again Slott was tweeting earlier about extended runs going on for years...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We probably still have another year and a half of Spider-Slott.
Although Peter is returning I don't think Slott is done with Otto yet. He'll probably be a AI or something while Slot builds up a finale.

Then again Slott was tweeting earlier about extended runs going on for years...

Yea but it's not like he's going to be coming off the character/book when Spock does.

ReiGun

List x List

Justice League 3000 #2
Superman Wonder Woman #4
Powerpuff Girls #5
Rat Queens #4
Thor God Of Thunder #17
Uncanny X-Men #16

Toa TAK

Banned
They couldn't have gone as extreme as they did if it was going to be an on-going, also he wouldn't be getting more and more extreme with how he's dealing with things. His story arc is heading towards a fall and it'll be a big one.

I see now. Isn't the big event supposed to be Goblin Nation? Depending on how that ends, maybe that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

no books for me. I might get EGOS #1 from Image because the synopsis sounds cool and #1s are basically all i buy now or something
A twisted far-future epic! An aging hero risks everything to rebuild his former team – but to do so, he must cross a line with his wife that can’t be uncrossed.

tm24

I still can't get over how much I love the All-New Ultimates cover. Gonna buy that book hard. Can anyone tell me anything about COPRA?

WAIT WHAT? there bringing back Peter Parker? After all this time??? I would have never in a million years thought they would bring him back. Maybe Ultimate Peter Parker will return one day too.

Also, very disappointed with who's taking over the art. Humberto Ramos is a shit artist. All the shit Rob Liefeld gets and this guy is way worse. SMH.

I still can't get over how much I love the All-New Ultimates cover. Gonna buy that book hard. Can anyone tell me anything about COPRA?

I can tell you that it's totally out of print at the moment! but also it's apparently heavily inspired by Ostrander/McDonnell's Suicide Squad and i really want it

List

Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland #3 of 7 (IDW)
A Voice in the Dark #3 (Image)
Rat Queens #4 (Image)
Velvet #3 (Image)
Imagine Agents #4 of 4 (Boom. Glad this is wrapping, TBH. Been a bit of a disappointment)

Probably gonna pick up Curse #1 of 4 (Boom), as well. I'll be seeing Colin Lorimer tomorrow at a small con and he may have some copies available. He's collaborating on the art with Riley Rossmo. Riley Rossmo will be drawing werewolves, y'all. CBR article about Curse.

Highly tempted to pick up Monsters and Other Stories TP by Gustavo Duarte. The art looks really lovely (see below), and as a proper lazy comic fan, I enjoy wordless picture stories.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I see now. Isn't the big event supposed to be Goblin Nation? Depending on how that ends, maybe that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

The way everything in the book is shaping up, that's going to be the arc where everything hits the fan and Otto has his fall.

Well now you have MY attention

It is written and drawn by Michel Fiffe, and he is a fan enough to have bound every single SS issue ever into swank ass omnis. he's done some fancomics, too, called Deathzone

As of right now, Copra is totes sold out but he says he's collecting/reprinting soon.
Probably gonna pick up Curse #1 of 4 (Boom), as well. I'll be seeing Colin Lorimer tomorrow at a small con and he may have some copies available. He's collaborating on the art with Riley Rossmo. Riley Rossmo will be drawing werewolves, y'all. CBR article about Curse.
I'll flip through it. Rossmo's art was the only thing i liked from that one issue of Bedlam i read.

Who is doing the abomination of artwork on Ody-c that looks like a melding of Liefelds Captain America and The Amazon from Dragon's Crown?

Bad artwork bums me out so much. I was really looking forward to that book.

Who is doing the abomination of artwork on Ody-c that looks like a melding of Liefelds Captain America and The Amazon from Dragon's Crown?

Bad artwork bums me out so much. I was really looking forward to that book.

Christian Ward is the artist. his designs for the book are pretty weird! I can dig em though. Don't know why the Cyclops has like a million tits, but I'll go with it!

I assume you're talking about this one in particular

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm to the point where I'm going to stop reading this series if shit doesn't stop being terrible. Spi-Ock was a decent series. They're just going to change it back for the movie?

Also, if it ends up being Norman, I will scream so loud and totally lose my marbles.

I would bet a lot of money that it isnt Norman in the goblin suit. I would maximal say, that it is Normans body, if you know what I am thinking about...

X-List:

Justice League 3000 #2
JLA #11
Nightwing #27
Superman & Wonder Woman #4

All New X-Men #21
Amazing X-Men #3
Daredevil #35
Nova #12
Secret Avengers #14
Superior Spider-Man #25
Thor - God of Thunder #17
Uncanny X-Force #16
Uncanny X-Men #16

Ephidel

List day? List day :)
Archer & Armstrong #17
Batman Lil Gotham #10
Coffin Hill #4
DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe #4
Justice League 3000 #2
Rat Queens #4
Revolutionary War Dark Angel
Unity #3
Velvet #3
X-Men Legacy #22
2000AD Prog.1864

Toa TAK

Banned
The way everything in the book is shaping up, that's going to be the arc where everything hits the fan and Otto has his fall.

I hope it's an epic arc. The covers they've put out for the first two issues make it look intense. Plus, I'm a bit let down by the
Venom arc so far, was hoping for more Venom vs. Superior Spidey than redoing "I can control it!" even if it is in line with Otto's character.
Maybe #25 will remedy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom