• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter coming back was a done deal once this image from their April previews leaked earlier this week:
spider-man+1.jpg

Maybe they put Peter in a spare body? Wait I know. It'll become some Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde type situation. Peter isn't permanently back, but it becomes a split personality type thing.

How are the transformers comics these days?
More than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise are sister books situated after the war between Deceptions and Autobots has ended.

MtMtE is by far the superior one with an incredible cast of B and C-Lister Transformers and great character development. It is one of my favorite books currently coming out. I reccomend it to everyone, even non-Transformers fan.

RiD focuses more on the more known characters like Bumblebee and Starscream while dealing with more political and social issues of the post war Cybertron. It is much weaker but it has it's moments.

I would bet a lot of money that it isnt Norman in the goblin suit. I would maximal say, that it is Normans body, if you know what I am thinking about...

...Shit. I know exactly what you're talking about. -_-
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

Also, what ever happened to Static Shock after his series got cancelled? Did he join a team or something?
He's my favorite DC character, but he's never in anything.

...Shit. I know exactly what you're talking about. -_-
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

Also, what ever happened to Static Shock after his series got cancelled? Did he join a team or something?
He's my favorite DC character, but he's never in anything.
Milestone is dead brah. I remember near the end lf 2012 Jim Lee and comics superstar Geoff Johns werelike "look for info on ghose characters next year." I srill looking

June is when more of the new books are supposed to drop. Makes sense so the ending of Forever Evil doesnt get spoiled soon. Johns better be elevating somebody, please no Lex or Lex led JL.

Owzers

I have little interest in origin stories 2.5 years into the new 52, maybe it will be for newer characters that are introduced like Stephanie brown and new female nightwing thing?

49ers vs Panthers, i'll be surprised if Cammmmmmmmmmmm and company win.

FF #13 - the appeal of the series ran out for me after issue 9, mainly when the doom plot came into play. It's okay though.

I have little interest in origin stories 2.5 years into the new 52, maybe it will be for newer characters that are introduced like Stephanie brown and new female nightwing thing?

49ers vs Panthers, i'll be surprised if Cammmmmmmmmmmm and company win.

Oh I don't know. Some of the previous Secret Origins were pretty good even if you already knew the origin. They tend to add something new and interesting to it; The Legion one, for example, worked in Time Trapper so that he is basically the reason the Legion even come together, despite the entire plan being to make it so they don't. That was pretty amazing.

Also, Niners gonna wreck Scam&CO.

I don't get it. It's kind of a plain/boring cover. The Cityscape art style completely clashes with the Spiderman art stye. It's almost like it's a stock photo or two different people drew it. And then the "sky" is ???

Owzers

I don't get it. It's kind of a plain/boring cover. The Cityscape art style completely clashes with the Spiderman art stye. It's almost like it's a stock photo or two different people drew it. And then the "sky" is ???

Was going to also chime in as to what people like about it, to me it looks like spidey staring at an upside down new york snow globe.

Messi

Bit of an odd question but what are the chances of Joker returning to the way he used to look? I like his new 52 look but am just curious. Also fix Harleys clothes thanks dc.

Following Francavilla on twitter means being treated to all kinds of cool pictures. Though, I do have to wonder when does the man sleep. He always, always seems to be drawing something.

Do you think that's drawn on one of those drawing tablets?

And Korupt, that statue is sick. You have some hot pieces in your budding collection.

When statues and action figures are discussed, it usually seems to be DC properties. Are they just more regular with the releases? Or are their pieces much better than that of Marvel, kind of like how their animation is better (I'm told)?

Kind of worried about seeing Colin Lorimer at the con today. Yesterday I read his collection, UXB, which I bought from him at the last con a few months ago.He told me he poured his whole heart and soul into that book- wrote, drew, coloured, lettered it, etc. And I just didn't really like it. It wasn't bad and it does contain some cool ideas. But I found it dreary, and couldn't buy the twist near the end. I'll just try to be kind without lying.
I hate lying.

It's not a big deal or anything but it's a good reminder that this is people's life work we are casually judging and dismissing daily.

When statues and action figures are discussed, it usually seems to be DC properties. Are they just more regular with the releases? Or are their pieces much better than that of Marvel, kind of like how their animation is better (I'm told)?

DC have DC Direct, so much of their collectibles are done in-house, as such. Marvel's main figures are all done by Hasbro. They brought back Marvel Legends (<3) after fiddling about with 80s G.I. Joe-style figures for a few years. I think Dark Horse do their statues.

I can't speak for statues, but DC's New 52 figures have been great. Very pricey in this part of the world, so I only have a few. I wish the Injustice figures were the same scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom