• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read Dark Horse comics digitally? How is that experience? I'm slowly switching over to digital and I can't imagine not reading Dark Horse Presents.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Whatever happened to Hercules in Marvel Comics? I haven't read anything related to him or Cho since Chaos War =/

Whatever happened to Hercules in Marvel Comics? I haven't read anything related to him or Cho since Chaos War =/

Hercules appeared in Spider-Island (as the owner of a Greek-themed bar) and Avengers Academy (teaching the kids Greco-Roman wrestling, he may have been naked during this).

Cho was in the first arc of Savage Wolverine, called Kill Island.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Usually the couch any time of day. I have a soft box which is a lighting device used to shoot professional photos and video. It's bright as fuck. We bought it for filming stuff but have it situated to light the living room, too, since our living room is quite dark otherwise. The soft box can make my eyes sore, though, if I read by it a lot. Natural lighting is ideal for print comics. When I read digitally, of course, no bright light is necessary.

How does this work? Sounds well cool. Can you post a pic of your living room? :p I'm all about finding a new lighting solution lately, my lights suck.

Anyone read Dark Horse comics digitally? How is that experience? I'm slowly switching over to digital and I can't imagine not reading Dark Horse Presents.

I haven't used the Dark Horse app in a while, but last time I did, it was one of the most horrendous pieces of shit ever programmed.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Hercules appeared in Spider-Island (as the owner of a Greek-themed bar) and Avengers Academy (teaching the kids Greco-Roman wrestling, he may have been naked during this).

Cho was in the first arc of Savage Wolverine, called Kill Island.

ahh, so not much =/ bummer.

GUESS WHO'S BACK

BACK AGAIN

WALLY'S BACK

TELL A FRIEND

rCcmpHJ.jpg

fXpPewl.jpg

Sqz5KIA.png

Eldren

Do I have to be reading Superior Spidey to read Superior Foes? Foes looks really fun and all the talk here has me interested, but I'm not reading Superior. It sounds like it's kind of it's own thing, which would be good, but I just wanted to check.

ElNarez

Banned
I fucking hate Booth, but Venditti spent most of his Green Lantern run taking the piss out of Geoff Johns and, the Barry Allen Situation kinda sorta being his brainchild, I fully expect him to keep on in that direction.

Do I have to be reading Superior Spidey to read Superior Foes? Foes looks really fun and all the talk here has me interested, but I'm not reading Superior. It sounds like it's kind of it's own thing, which would be good, but I just wanted to check.

I've never read any Spider-Man and I enjoyed Superior-Foes. It's definitely it's own thing. I mean, now and then will be a splash page and it'll be like DUN DUN DUNNN look who it is! And I'd be like "..." But that's rare. Really fun book.

tim1138

Dang, I was hoping Flash would get a good writer/writing team. I don't mind Booth's art but the Vendetti/Van Jensen team does nothing for me writing wise.

Eldren

I've never read any Spider-Man and I enjoyed Superior-Foes. It's definitely it's own thing. I mean, now and then will be a splash page and it'll be like DUN DUN DUNNN look who it is! And I'd be like "..." But that's rare. Really fun book.

Ha, sounds good to me! I guess I can just read the Superior Spidey spoilers here or on wikipedia to catch up if necessary. Thanks for the info, Maq. The first trade comes out in March so I'll check it out.

Dang, I was hoping Flash would get a good writer/writing team. I don't mind Booth's art but the Vendetti/Van Jensen team does nothing for me writing wise.

Van Jensen totally reinvigorated the Green Lantern Corps. I have no doubt that he'll be able to work the same magic on the Flash. I'm honestly rather happy with this creative team announcement. Brett Booth is perfect for the Flash, his artwork has the kinetic energy needed to emphasis the Flash's speed. Man, I can't wait for Wally West's return!

Bigfoot

Anything similar to Blankets? I thought that was an amazing GN and had a pretty big effect on me.
Essex County is pretty cool and somewhat similar. Daytripper was pretty moving as well, but it is a collection of issues instead of a single story.

BearPawB

Banned
So I have been out of comics for at least 5 years.

Trying to catch up on good stuff from the past year.
Just read Superior Spider-man, thought it was pretty great.

Any other suggestions as far as mainstream superhero stories go? (I have always been more of a marvel guy)

Cool. I was thinking about trying out one of his works. Tough choice to make.

Choose Rachel Rising! It's current and I'm reading it so we can talk about it! Also, more people need to support this book so that he will keep making it!

Edit: that was a lot of exclamation points. Do as you please. Like, you know, whatever.

Toa TAK

Banned
So I have been out of comics for at least 5 years.

Trying to catch up on good stuff from the past year.
Just read Superior Spider-man, thought it was pretty great.

Any other suggestions as far as mainstream superhero stories go? (I have always been more of a marvel guy)
You want Otto to stay...

Right?

Hawkeye
Daredevil (Mark Waid run)
Young Avengers (Gillen/McKelvie)
Journey Into Mystery (Loki and Sif runs)
Fantastic Four (Hickman run)
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Avengers Arena
Wolverine and the X-Men
Uncanny X-Force (2010 series)

BearPawB

Banned
You want Otto to stay...

Right?

I mean, he kind of went completely off the rails with this whole venom thing...but yeah, I kind of wish this version could exist in some form or fashion.

Maybe they put him into a spider-clone.

Things I liked:
Spider-man not taking any shit
Doc Ock actually improving peters life in some ways (getting his Ph.D.)
The relationship with the little person tutor....surprisingly sweet.

Things I disliked:
Plot jumped around a lot. The whole spider-killer sequence...Spiderman 2099 appearing out of nowhere. Would have liked it to stay a bit more focused.

As someone who is out of the loop a bit. I am still confused about the whole goblin situation. Is norman osborne currenlty the green goblin (goblin king)? And the original hobgoblin is selling superhero costumes to random crooks?

Was about to read Spider-Girl on Marvel Unlimited........until I saw the big ass gap between issue 34-65. Ultimate Spider-man had the same problem...

I only subscribed to try it out because of the $4 promo but now I'm definitely not renewing. Why the hell would they provide the beginning and ending issues of a series but ignore the middle? It sucks because Spider-Girl and a crap ton of other comics aren't available anywhere else digitally.

EDIT: Damn, they don't have any Punisher Max either....wtf

Owzers

Was about to read Spider-Girl on Marvel Unlimited........until I saw the big ass gap between issue 34-65. Ultimate Spider-man had the same problem...

I only subscribed to try it out because of the $4 promo but now I'm definitely not renewing. Why the hell would they provide the beginning and ending issues of a series but ignore the middle? It sucks because Spider-Girl and a crap ton of other comics aren't available anywhere else digitally.

EDIT: Damn, they don't have any Punisher Max either....wtf

You could always read Nextwave Xo

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The art is going to suffer but thank Moses for the change in writing. Seriously, I was actively angry everytime I read a Buchafuckgivesashit written Flash because he sunk those beautiful Manapul pages. I think the two are now entertwined, like the venom symbiote, and this makes me sad because I wont be picking up any Manapul books then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom