• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

brevoort is saying Hickman had plans for Secret Wars since before he had started writing fantastic four.

how far along does that guy plot out his books hahah

nope, I got sidetracked by Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War last night at work (and also a little more of Battle of the Atom, which for those of you giddy for me to dislike a X book...welp).

On Hickman's F4 they have now introduced all the 4 armies that future franklin told val will go to war, which was the point where the run "clicked" with me, when I remembered that issue with future Franklin warning about that and I went "oooooooooooh thats why these stories are all so random and they keep jumping from new place to new place"

are you asking because of a writing style point of view (hickman's) or because hickman's F4 / FF actually ties in to the avengers/new avengers stuff?

You'll appreciate Avengers more if you've read FF first. You could read Avengers first but I wouldn't advise it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are they about to spoil avengers/new avengers for me? >_>

edit: son of a bitch they are >_<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
probably, unless you are mostly caught up i'd abandon now.

didnt really understand any of it, except something about black panther reforming the illuminati

edit: avengers and new avengers FINAL issues? so they are rebooting those I guess? again >_>

fauxtrot

Banned
Either a LOT of characters are going to die in Secret Wars and the year following it, or the universe is going to be cluttered with a half dozen versions of every Marvel character. Yeesh...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well, can I have a MCU-like Reboot? I dont want this shitty mess :(

At least it will be only a new Status Quo. Looking forward the great event next year that will reestablish all different universes.

Rhaknar

oooh this Marvel Unlimited feature to check out the classic stuff instead of having to search manually

Rhaknar

i thought you guys liked spider verse with all the multiverse spideys, isnt this kinda the same? and its written by Hickman right?

i thought you guys liked spider verse with all the multiverse spideys, isnt this kinda the same? and its written by Hickman right?

Only people who have no faith in Hickman could not be into this.

And I don't believe such people exist.

I think the real test, though, is the writers. If Remender and Aaron and everyone are still on the titles, this will be amazing.

If it's a New 52 deal, and it's just C-listers getting thrown onto books to fill seats, overall this will bad.

Top Bottom