• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

All the thors

Screen-Shot-2015-01-20-at-12-20-50-PM-3edea.png

E the Shaggy

Only people who have no faith in Hickman could not be into this.

And I don't believe such people exist.

I think the real test, though, is the writers. If Remender and Aaron and everyone are still on the titles, this will be amazing.

If it's a New 52 deal, and it's just C-listers getting thrown onto books to fill seats, overall this will bad.

I trust Hickman, it's everyone else I'm worried about!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The event itself sounds like it will be a lot of fun, it's what comes after that's worrying.
This statement could be mine. Even while I am pretty curious and excited, how the MCU will looks afterwards.

But like I said, I endured Superior Shitty Spider-Man, I can endure two years of a strange new status quo.

Also, I think this schadenfreude von certain users is pretty shitty.

Drayco21

So SpiderGwen will be in the 616? What a cluster fuck.

I don't think every single alternate universe in Marvel history is going to be boiled down into one Earth here- I'm sure they wouldn't bother launching Spider-Gwen if they weren't keeping some of the multiverse self-contained, and that'll probably be one of them.

I hope she does, though. The more members in the 616 Spider-Family, the more awesome my dream Spider-Family team book will be.

Vyer

so it's like a multiversity thing?

I'm surprised they couldn't come up with something better than 'Battleworld'

Vyer

Yep in a nutshell. It's essentially, at least it sounds like, they're going to cherry pick characters and storylines and create an entirely new world with them.

Hmm. With Convergence, it sounds like DC and Marvel will be going through something pretty similar at the same time.

Its a very different new Status Quo. Everything has happened. Every inch of continuity is still important, its just all mixed up.

yeah, pretty neat.

it's expanding the continuity, not really cutting it off.

i think for the most part it's going to be flagrantly bringing things in line with the mcu, but for ancillary books, there could be a lot of fun stuff.

i really would love a spider-team book after this, with Miles and Petey rocking shit.

Also, just realized, the final issue of avengers or new avengers, which ever comes last, is going to end with a final page of miles swinging down from the red planet:

"Whoa."

(in lowercase.)

can

not wait

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The best thing is, that we could likely get Re-Recon and a married Peter Parker with a child... And dudes, even when they fuck up the rest, this will it be worth. I can always only read Spider-Man again <3

Drayco21

Should I bother with Secret Wars if I haven't been checking out Avengers?

While you should read Avengers cuz it's great, you'd probably be fine if you just want to hop onboard at #0 if you're in for the batshit insane continuity hijinks that will ensue. I'm sure the important points will be very firmly covered at the opening and you'll have the gist of what you need.

I find this is generally true of just about any book and event, though.

Top Bottom