• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If it is a reboot, though, I'm betting that the new Avengers #1 will be a preview (of sorts) to the new MU.

Not 5 months in advance and with tons on new ongoings that are still about to start months before September.

It was just the usual Marvel Reboot Hyping that we know since Avengers Vs. X-Men and Clickbait Onlinenewswritershit who think that Marvel would throw everything away because of the MCU. Well, and a Axel Alonso who knows how to fire up the messageboards with wordslipping.

Hellers

I'm looking forward to Convergence but it really does seem like one big tease by DC. Throw some of the older fans a short term bone and then drag a few more of the older characters into the new 52 afterwards. I'd like them to start making much more use of the multiverse on a regular basis. That might be more successful in bringing older fans back.

I mean don't get me wrong. I'm not totally opposed to the new52. I've grown to quite like it. It doesn't have the same draw for me that the old universe did but the things I like most about comics is always moving forward and change so I can't really complain too much. It is very telling though that after a lifetime of being a "Make mine DC" fan I'm now having much more fun reading Marvel stuff.

E the Shaggy

I'm looking forward to Convergence but it really does seem like one big tease by DC. Throw some of the older fans a short term bone and then drag a few more of the older characters into the new 52 afterwards. I'd like them to start making much more use of the multiverse on a regular basis. That might be more successful in bringing older fans back.

I mean don't get me wrong. I'm not totally opposed to the new52. I've grown to quite like it. It doesn't have the same draw for me that the old universe did but the things I like most about comics is always moving forward and change so I can't really complain too much. It is very telling though that after a lifetime of being a "Make mine DC" fan I'm now having much more fun reading Marvel stuff.

I just really want good "Farewell stories" for pre-Flashpoint characters. Fuck if I wasn't pissed that the last Superman story we got was "Grounded".

After falling ill and being admitted to hospital, it was nice to to finally read Star Wars! Thankfully I really enjoyed it. The writing was great and I really liked Cassady's art. Chewie attacking Vader was brilliant and I loved the Droids comic reference with 3PO and the blaster. I have a very good feeling about this.

I just really want good "Farewell stories" for pre-Flashpoint characters. Fuck if I wasn't pissed that the last Superman story we got was "Grounded".
actually I'm pretty sure it was Reign of the Doomsdays. Then he and Lois had a romantic dinner and reaffirmed their love for each other and no matter the crises he would always come back to her.

Then the next month Lois answers the door to her apartment in some other dude's shirt, and "you're strong".

"buy these books"

I'll be satisfied with the new 52 if they can get rid of WW/Superman (mostly because Supes is still simpin hard for Lois), establish the JSA (with earth 2 heroes coming to earth 1 this seems likely), and spin off some meaningful solos like Shazam & Cyborg instead of fucking Lobo and Klarion (seriously?).

I like this. I like how you think.

Owzers

i don't think i'm prepared for the last announcement comics will ever have. I really do hope it's 3d covers....maybe Sting variant covers with him pointing at other Earths.

Neoxon

Should I revive the Secret Wars Announcement thread for the news, make a new one, or keep it here? I'm trying to cut down on the threads, but this may be significant news.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bendis's Uncanny Fantastic Four, everything is uncanny!

Messi

So I see the image solicits are out and Sunstone Vol 2 is April 28th. Also Mark Millar is spinning off Jupiters Legacy.

What are the chances that Morrison writes for Marvel in the near future?

Wasn't he really unhappy about how his New X-Men run was handled? Still, that was ten years ago.

I love the idea of Grant Morrison's Avengers, but I worry that it would be too similar to his JLA (still one of my favourite runs of ALL-TIME) and I also feel a back-to-basics approach is needed for a few years. Going even bigger after Hickman's multiverse shenanigans feels like a mistake.

Yes you should. The revised artwork is really well done.

Goddamnit Messi, you enabler.

Still, I guess it's no less embarassing than my copy of Power Girl: Power Trip. You haven't lived until your parents call to your flat to see your bookshelf, pick that one cover out of FOUR SHELVES and say "I suppose you read this one for the plot."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh, MU has passed this part, so I can actually read this in order

OMvXvhU.jpg

Hickman sure loves his long burns doesnt he? o_O

Rhaknar

You've finished Fantastic Four then? What'd you think?

nope, I got sidetracked by Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War last night at work (and also a little more of Battle of the Atom, which for those of you giddy for me to dislike a X book...welp).

On Hickman's F4 they have now introduced all the 4 armies that future franklin told val will go to war, which was the point where the run "clicked" with me, when I remembered that issue with future Franklin warning about that and I went "oooooooooooh thats why these stories are all so random and they keep jumping from new place to new place"

are you asking because of a writing style point of view (hickman's) or because hickman's F4 / FF actually ties in to the avengers/new avengers stuff?

Top Bottom