• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Morrison on Avengers and he can steal Quentin from the X books since he created him so its only fair.

I love that character :(

edit: actually, no joke now, but why the fuck do the Avengers NEVER HAVE A TELEPATH. its ridiculous

Drayco21

I kinda just maintain that Chris Yost should be the headliner of the next Avengers book. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the best incarnation of the team ever, bar none.

E the Shaggy

Two issues a year. The best two issues of the year though.

Also, every issue can be read backwards. Marvel giving such value for your $4.99.

I have no idea why people buy single issues anymore.

Hell, Marvel themselves offer up their entire library, sans the past six months, digitally for $10 a month, the cost of, soon to be, 2 comic books.

Messi

Dc providing us with the FINEST silken robes to enjoy our girly books. Will go well with my scented candles and aromatic scents/lotion.

158758_672076_1.jpg

I have no idea why people buy single issues anymore.

Hell, Marvel themselves offer up their entire library, sans the past six months, digitally for $10 a month, the cost of, soon to be, 2 comic books.

If I wanted to wait six months, I'd go the whole hog and just buy the UK reprints. I for one, like following along with the story as it happens. The back catalogue holds little appeal when you've been reading for 20+ years with maybe two breaks. Gimme that All-New Avengers Marvel Action League NOW!

Also, I'm still bitter they wouldn't give me my free month when they included it in the collector's edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I still remember, Marvel.

E the Shaggy

Last prediction for the Marvel thing with 30 minutes to go:

Marvel is using Secret Wars as a way to not only cut down on the number of alternate realities they have, but to essentially cherry pick their most famous characters from these and permanently drop them into the 616.

So Miles Morales, the most popular 2099 characters, maybe a classic Avenger or X-Man from the past, etc etc.

Messi

This can't just be about killing the Ultimate universe. You don't call an event to cancel books. There has to be more to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is this thing going to be streamed somewhere?

Drayco21

I'll take a nice warm mug of NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Kyle and Yost are awful at comics, regardless of TV stuff.

Scarlet Spider was the best Spider book. Amazing X-Men is the best current X-book. New Warriors was the best ongoing to launch out of All-New Marvel Now. Sure, he's put out some editor mandated duds like Minimum Carnage and the story that introduced Sam Jackson to 616, but he's recently carved out a place as one of the GOAT Marvel writers.

Top Bottom