• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Do you want the sky to turn purple too? Some things just aren't meant to be.

Peter Parker happy? Not in this multiverse.

geJAO1X.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot to say earlier today, Quentin with a "Magneto was left" shirt was the best

He is such a loveable dick

Sou Da

It's nice that you didn't enjoy it, but some of us here are fans of Superior.

I'm not attacking you for liking it. I'll just always be the one to speak up against the notion that Superior was good, no need for the the passive aggressive post.

Sou Da

nah I just want the status quo.

I don't need anything new in my 616.

You'll get a new status quo
;)

Whatever happened to the Ultimate X-Men? I remember something really interesting happening with them where they got their own country and the comic was about them having to survive and build it from the ground up but I ended up dropping it after a while.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fucking work keeping me busy tonight, how unfair. I want to read mah comics, leave me alone people!

Sou Da

Fucking work keeping me busy tonight, how unfair. I want to read mah comics, leave me alone people!

I work in a library actually, we have a good collection of comics but I disagree with them putting almost every indie book on the top floor to make more room for manga.

Drayco21

No offense Sou Da, you did make this thread while we already had an OT for Spider-Verse.
There was no need for a hate thread.

To be fair, there's not usually OTs for Comic events, and I've done a poor job updating the thread week-to-week; I usually just find myself coming here for the discussions instead.

Rhaknar

Son of a BITCH, #583 of Hickman's F4 is broken on Marvel Unlimited, right on the pages where Doom meets Valeria >_< all the dialogue is replaced with &&&&&&&&&&&... just when shit was starting to hit the fan too

...fuck

Edit: found the page online, crysis averted. Valeria talking to "uncle Doom" was my favorite part of Hickman's run so far. Him talking to a 3 year old like she is his intellectual equal (which I guess she is if not more so, first Franklin is basically god and now Val is probably smarter than Reed and Doom at the age of 3, that's some powerful genes Reed and Sue have) is just great. In fact Valeria is probably my favorite character of Hickman's run

Son of a BITCH, #583 of Hickman's F4 is broken on Marvel Unlimited, right on the pages where Doom meets Valeria >_< all the dialogue is replaced with &&&&&&&&&&&... just when shit was starting to hit the fan too

...fuck

Edit: found the page online, crysis averted. Valeria talking to "uncle Doom" was my favorite part of Hickman's run so far. Him talking to a 3 year old like she is his intellectual equal (which I guess she is if not more so, first Franklin is basically god and now Val is probably smarter than Reed and Doom at the age of 3, that's some powerful genes Reed and Sue have) is just great. In fact Valeria is probably my favorite character of Hickman's run
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited from 3 years ago. The service was pretty bad back then.

Rhaknar

Uncle Doom is no one's second choice.

He is mine.

Yo...YO. issue #584

Yo... o_O

Easily the best issue of the run so far, Johnny not being a fucking asshole for once and taking human Ben out on the town was actually quite touching, especially when he took Ben to see Alice. But then at the end, when a pissed off Surfer shows up to have a chat with Reed about the dead Galactus body and Reed is all like "well you see its complicated" and Norrin is all "yo dawg it's not me you have to explain yourself to"

...damn son!

Afrodium

Banned

...fuck

Woah, it's not supposed to be like that? I just thought it was Hickman being intentionally weird and vague. Care to recap what happened on those pages or link me to where you found them online?

Edit: Found it, looks like it was nothing that I wasn't able to infer from reading later issues.

Rhaknar

How has Reed avoided prison for so long?

YES!

I'm sorry but am I supposed to root or like Reed? The dude is a arrogant megalomaniac prick, maybe more than current Cyclops

Man, fuck Reed

Woah, it's not supposed to be like that? I just thought it was Hickman being intentionally weird and vague. Care to recap what happened on those pages or link me to where you found them online?

Edit: Found it, looks like it was nothing that I wasn't able to infer from reading later issues.

Easy to infer but the exchange was awesome

Isak_Borg

I just want Pete to be happy

This will most likely end with Parker & Mary Jane finding out about the deal and realizing that they would rather walk into the distance and let a younger spider-man take the mantle.

They walk off into the sunset happy.

I think the whole ending to this thing will be a lot of characters finding happy/bittersweet endings.

Probably why they killed off Wolverine and a couple of other characters.

Rhaknar

Reed is awesome. Doom fanboys done brainwashed you people.

Just like Cyke is as bad as Magneto, Reed is as bad as Doom. #truth

Oh speaking of, did I mention I read Magneto #1 yesterday? Well I did and I really liked it (shocking that I like a X book I know), I loved the vibe of it with Mags's little investigation, and the human sentinel was creepy as shit. Looking forward for more, it's still going as far as I know too

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just like Cyke is as bad as Magneto, Reed is as bad as Doom. #truth

Oh speaking of, did I mention I read Magneto #1 yesterday? Well I did and I really liked it (shocking that I like a X book I know), I loved the vibe of it with Mags's little investigation, and the human sentinel was creepy as shit. Looking forward for more, it's still going as far as I know too

Its been that way for a while now. The only plus I could see to a reboot is 616 Wolverine may stay dead until its all over. Old Man Wolverine is the best wolverine anyway......

YES!

I'm sorry but am I supposed to root or like Reed? The dude is a arrogant megalomaniac prick, maybe more than current Cyclops

Man, fuck Reed

Can't the same be said about most of the Illuminati? They think they're the only ones smart enough to handle shit. Black Bolt is the real genius though. I bet he added that "Five Wives" clause himself.

headshot95

Neo Member
When you guys decided to trade wait a series that you already have single issues of, do you go back and double dip to buy the trades that contain the single issues you already own? For example, I have all the single issues of Black Science so far but I feel like it will read better in trades, so I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to buy the first and second trades, even though I already have the single issues.

When you guys decided to trade wait a series that you already have single issues of, do you go back and double dip to buy the trades that contain the single issues you already own? For example, I have all the single issues of Black Science so far but I feel like it will read better in trades, so I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to buy the first and second trades, even though I already have the single issues.

I double dip for some series, it's a good way to support a book you really like. Although I wait for a Hardcover edition which takes a lot longer than trade releases. Also I would imagine it looks nice on a shelf to have complete series.

Rhaknar

These last few F4 issues are so good, I'm starting to understand the Hickman hype. I can't wait to read his stuff on characters I actually care about (I'm not shitting on these books but you know what I mean).

Quick question, is this happening before or after Annihilation? Because Annihilus just showed up and Nova turns him inside out in Annihilation, and I know I know death in comics doesn't mean much, but I was just curious

PsychBat!

Banned
Wasn't aware of the OT, wanted an answer as to what people thought was good about it, not sure what the relevance of this is now.
You were kinda doing the same thing with that gif.
These last few F4 issues are so good, I'm starting to understand the Hickman hype. I can't wait to read his stuff on characters I actually care about (I'm not shitting on these books but you know what I mean).

Quick question, is this happening before or after Annihilation? Because Annihilus just showed up and Nova turns him inside out in Annihilation, and I know I know death in comics doesn't mean much, but I was just curious
It's after Annihilation. Way after. And I didn't care about the FF either before I read the Hickman run but that issue where
Reed time travels to see the stages of Ben's life is so fucking touching
. :'(

I double dip on series I really like. In some cases, like with Deadly Class, I'm holding out on double dipping because I'm hoping they'll release a hardcover of some sort for the series. Kinda sad I bought the first Sex Criminals trade just because Big Hard Sex Criminals is coming out.

And I know I'm going to end up getting the Hawkeye Omnibus despite owning floppies and trades... If they ever release a Superior Foes OHC or Omni, then I'll triple dip on that too.

If it's a series that I don't think I'll revisit (New Warriors) then I'll be less likely to buy the trades.

Top Bottom