• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

fauxtrot

Banned
LOL, damn we're gonna get a lot of these posts thanks to click-bait articles, aren't we...

edit - No offense to Face it Tiger..

Vyer

I decided to branch out from my super hero comics from the big two and deep dive into the world of Image comics. I am growing tired of the big events/crossovers/etc and I think Image looks to be a great place to venture to. What are their best series' to read? I don't like horror so Walking Dead is a no-go (sci-fi/fantasy are just fine though). I already have Saga on my list so far.

Thanks!

superhero wise? Invincible as mentioned.

Otherwise: Zero, Southern Bastards, Black Science, Chew, Deadly Class...are a good start.

PsychBat!

Banned
maybe a little
Oh please.

After Secret Wars #1 Marvel Universe is going to be destroyed. Ultimate Universe is going to be destroyed. What's coming out of Secret Wars is something that's going to take bits and pieces of both and other multi-verses and cobble them together. This is all reemphasized again and again in the press conference.

It's a reboot. They aren't even trying to deny it:

Hmmmmmm....

Owzers

Hmmmmmm....

Manhattan-Projects-vol-1-panel-2.jpg

Hmm

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And we are talking about the 2014 series correct?

I feel like an outsider in the sense that I really don't give a shit about this Secret Wars event to be honest.

Same. I tend ignore Marvel events in general so I'll be doing the same with this. I only kept up with Axis since it was a continuation of Uncanny Avengers.

As long as my books are okay and mostly untouched, I'll be happy

I feel like an outsider in the sense that I really don't give a shit about this Secret Wars event to be honest.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Though I'm curious to see what the Marvel universe looks like after the event, I have a feeling that it's all a recipe for a shit sundae. This Battleworld stuff sounds fucking dumb.

It's not dead, it just regenerated, like the Doctor in Doctor Who.

Fanboys: You will die now, Marvel. This is the end of you! The rules of reboots are known. You have expended all your #1s.
Marvel: Sorry? What did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen, bit of advice. Tell me the truth if you know it. Lay down the law if you're feeling brave. But Fanboys never, ever tell me the rules!

*a crack in the marketverse allows the MCU to grant Marvel another reboot cycle*

Fanboys: Emergency! Emergency! Marvel is rebooting! Marvel is rebooting!
Marvel: Oh, look at this! SECRET WARS IN 2015! We're breaking some serious science here, boys! I tell you what, it's gonna be a whopper!
Fanboys: Exterminate! Exterminate the Marvel!
Marvel: You think you can stop me now, Fanboys? If you want my life, come and get it!

This is possibly the greatest post in comicgaf history.

Nudull

Banned
I hope that Miles Morales ends up taking over as the teen Spider-Man. Let Peter have his happily ever-after with MJ and their kid.

Messi

I'm kind of in the same boat. Though I'm curious to see what the Marvel universe looks like after the event, I have a feeling that it's all a recipe for a shit sundae. This Battleworld stuff sounds fucking dumb.

I don't care other than what happens to miles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So none of the older Moon Knight stuff is any good?

Rhaknar

Ah, is she one of the various spider-ladies?

Top Bottom