• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Sadist

venom-in-a-truck-o.gif
I will never stop laughing about this

Weird moment in the cartoon. Even as a kid I was like "why would Venom drive a car?"

She Venom is quite shapely. Interesting. Is there more of this?

Not really. It's been awhile but I think it was just Brock's ex-wife who bonded with the symbiote for a few issues. Then she killed herself from the trauma so that eddie could be a villain again.

Zombine

Banned
God damn next week is firing on all cylinders

Zero
Sex Criminals
Dying & The Dead
Batman
Multiversity Guide
Uncanny Avengers
Thor

Otto got no mojo?

He simped hard:
With a little help from Peter's ghost. Peter proves unable to influence Octavius in any more than the slightest of ways. Otto inadvertently causes himself to share Peter's genuine love for Mary Jane Watson, and so pushes her away for her own safety

PsychBat!

Banned
He simped hard:
With a little help from Peter's ghost. Peter proves unable to influence Octavius in any more than the slightest of ways. Otto inadvertently causes himself to share Peter's genuine love for Mary Jane Watson, and so pushes her away for her own safety
Which is pretty cool. It was a smart move. Amongst other things in Superior.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He simped hard:

gotcha. one last symbiote question before I fuck off to work:

are all these symbiotes running around spawned from the original Venom? I know Carnage is, but what about Anti Venom, Toxin and the various others

Symbiotes for everyone!

1289324-symbiotes.jpg

like all these clowns lol (right on cue)

PsychBat!

Banned

are all these symbiotes running around spawned from the original Venom? I know Carnage is, but what about Anti Venom, Toxin and the various others

Those five were forcefully birthed from Venom by a corporation I forget the name of. Toxin is the spawn of Carnage. Anti-Venom was born after it was revealed that Eddie became caustic of the Venom symbiote when Gargan touched him. There's more details but that's the gist of it.

Sou Da

I'm pretty sure they're Venom's "children" although Eddie killed most of them.

Cheska

So some obnoxious woman shitting on Marvel because she's obviously a Image fangirl (which is fine) isnt my cup of tea. Would be the same if someone was shitting on DC btw, even if I dont read DC. I actually like the comic vine podcast in that regard, they seem to like (or dislike) everything :p

This is fine and dandy, but I don't think it's fair to say some of these things based off one episode that was centered around yet another Marvel event. I've been listening to the show for over two years, and some of these assumptions you've made are the furthest from the truth.

She's also Bill Willingham's assistant, so I'm sure she has a little bit more experience with the actual industry and the effect that events have on it, than you or I do.

Venom was always a fav of mine as a kid, just based off his look alone. He looks cool as fuck. And because he crushed in the MVC games that i played a shit ton of. Agent Venom is also a great design even though it sounds dumb on paper (well, to non-fans).

Even back then i knew that Carnage was a pale imitator though. Player 2 Venom.

ElNarez

Banned
Winter Soldier feels like getting trashed and sitting in the bedroom of someone who's much cooler than you. That's how I parse it. And that was probably the most straightforward issue yet. I love this goddamn book. It's Moebius by way of Kirby by way of Shrooms.

Bloodember

Has anyone had issues subscribing to Marvel Unlimited? Everytime I put in my payment information it ends up stalling and going nowhere or on mobile completely crashing the browser. I've even tried different payment methods. I wish Marvel would let me give them money.

I know this is late, but I had the same issue last month when I signed up, I had to switch browsers, marvel.com does not like Firefox. I had to use chrome, it worked then.

With 2 issues left in Fables, has the series gotten better? I ended up bailing around 120, but now have the urge to read it all since the end is in sight.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Winter Soldier feels like getting trashed and sitting in the bedroom of someone who's much cooler than you. That's how I parse it. And that was probably the most straightforward issue yet. I love this goddamn book. It's Moebius by way of Kirby by way of Shrooms.

Yeah, and Marco Rudy really is showing off his organized chaos art style beautifully. His art was stunning onMarvel Knights Spider-Man, but he's definitely becoming a better story-teller as he puts out more work, and I'm sure collaborating with Ales is helping that exponentially.

Ales is seriously good at rounding up the most interesting artists around--fucking love the dude.

tim1138

I wanted to read that issue so bad as a kid. It was like years before I tracked it down.

Were you horribly disappointed when you finally read it or did you enjoy it? I'm about 99% sure I still have the complete I still have the Lethal Protector miniseries in my basement.

Top Bottom