• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Cheska

With 2 issues left in Fables, has the series gotten better? I ended up bailing around 120, but now have the urge to read it all since the end is in sight.

I know you did because I bought your issues! :D

Guys, Spider-Woman continues to be such a piece of shit book. Like, I'm legit upset and sad at this book and it's fugly, fake, disgusting art.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Were you horribly disappointed when you finally read it or did you enjoy it? I'm about 99% sure I still have the complete I still have the Lethal Protector miniseries in my basement.

Yo, I had that series when I was a kid! Good thing my parents too all of my childhood comics, put them in a box, and burned them (or whatever) right when I split for college.

Messi

Guys, Spider-Woman continues to be such a piece of shit book. Like, I'm legit upset and sad at this book and it's fugly, fake, disgusting art.

Don't let this become your Catwoman. Know when to let go.

Wow, it takes a lot for Cheska to hate on something. Did they debut the new costume yet?

Also, Ryan Ottley:
venom_car_ride_by_wya-d6bjohn.jpg

tim1138

Yo, I had that series when I was a kid! Good thing my parents too all of my childhood comics, put them in a box, and burned them (or whatever) right when I split for college.

Haha holy shit. My parents kept all my random crap (comics included) in their basement waiting for the day my wife and I bought our house and then promptly dumped it on us and it now takes up source in our basement. One day I'll go through all those old comics and see what I have down there...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Haha holy shit. My parents kept all my random crap (comics included) in their basement waiting for the day my wife and I bought our house and then promptly dumped it on us and it now takes up source in our basement. One day I'll go through all those old comics and see what I have down there...

I've gone through friends' old comic stashes and it's really fun. Sifting through chromium covers and multiple polybagged copies of Death of Superman and all types of nonsense. You should report your findings on here if you ever have the time to get through some of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a shocking announcement.

I liked Amazing X-Men #1 *gasp*

Quite a bit in fact, the imminent return of Kurt, the WATXM cast plus Northstar and Firestar, awesome art and all the Bamfs you can stomach make for a fun read. I hope Firestar and Northstar stick around, they are terribly underused usually

Messi

Quite a bit in fact, the imminent return of Kurt, the WATXM cast plus Northstar and Firestar, awesome art and all the Bamfs you can stomach make for a fun read. I hope Firestar and Northstar stick around, they are terribly underused usually

First 5 are good until the creative team leaves

Nudull

Banned

No Cheska, Let go of the book! Don't go all sith lord on us. :c

The first Arc was really cool. I dropped off when Aaron left after that.

Venom Lethal Protector was pretty nuts. It also killed venom for me after the spidey ps1 game made me (sorta) like him.

The PS1 Venom is still the voice I hear in my head for Edie Brock (Anti) Venom. You got no idea how many times I beat this damn game. Back in the day, I could only afford like one game every summer, so each and every one was a precious gift I learned like the layout of my own home.

Kitty decides to stay in space with Peter and they do it. After that, Kitty says she wants to be a thief like Peter is.

I continue to be amused at Kitty Pryde's attraction to people named Peter(Wisdom, Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Quill, hell even Parker in the Ultimate Universe).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys are killing me with this "first X number of issues are good then the creative team changes" trend on all new books >_<

Why the fuck do they do that :(

You guys are killing me with this "first X number of issues are good then the creative team changes" trend on all new books >_<

Axel Alonso called Jason Aaron and said "Star. Wars."

so of course he immediately drops his X-men team book so he can work on Star Wars, alongside Southern Bastards, Men of Wrath, Original Sin, and Thor. Something had to give, so now you got some jobbers doing six issue long Juggernaut and Wendigo stories or some shit

Cheska

Don't let this become your Catwoman. Know when to let go.

Wow, it takes a lot for Cheska to hate on something. Did they debut the new costume yet?

Also, Ryan Ottley:

No Cheska, Let go of the book! Don't go all sith lord on us. :c

I don't mind Hopeless, it's Land that makes me throw up in my mouth. However, I thought the artist change is happening in the next few months, and I'd hate for it to get canceled before we can see that happen.

Filthy Slug

The good news is you're coming' in after the fact, so you got us to tell you when to bail the fuck out of books. For example, bail from Ellis and Shalvey's Moon Knight after issue 6 and never look back.

Cade

I'm just glad Bendis sticks to stuff I don't love or at least love anymore (X-Men) so I don't have to feel y'all's pain. At least when he wrote characters I like was back in the good Bendis days (Daredevil).

Rhaknar

The good news is you're coming' in after the fact, so you got us to tell you when to bail the fuck out of books. For example, bail from Ellis and Shalvey's Moon Knight after issue 6 and never look back.

Yeeeeeeah...I don't bail, my OCD won't let me. I keep joking about it but maybe I do have some sort of OCD, I'm the same with tv shows or games :/

I've always been that way since I was a kid, old dog / new tricks and whatnot

So eventually all my posts will go from "wow you guys were right that was awesome" to mostly "wow you guys were right that was shit" >_>

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All you guys getting off topic in Kipp |OT|
Back on topic though, back from my first full day at the office. It went really well even though it was pretty boring (though the second half went noticeably quicker than the first half). Website owner lady was really impressed at how quickly I got up to speed and everything, so that's cool.

Tell me about it!

Hahaha.

Messi

Yeeeeeeah...I don't bail, my OCD won't let me. I keep joking about it but maybe I do have some sort of OCD, I'm the same with tv shows or games :/

I've always been that way since I was a kid, old dog / new tricks and whatnot

So eventually all my posts will go from "wow you guys were right that was awesome" to mostly "wow you guys were right that was shit" >_>

Give Nocenti's Catwoman a go. It's a real page turner. We all have our evils. You just need to know when to let go. Lest you repeat my mistakes.

Kitty decides to stay in space with Peter and they do it. After that, Kitty says she wants to be a thief like Peter is.

That's pretty bad... Between that and the banana costume scene that Baron is so fond of, I'm glad I didn't try out the series.

At least we have Guardians 3000 for our Cosmic fix

All you guys getting off topic in Kipp |OT|
Back on topic though, back from my first full day at the office. It went really well even though it was pretty boring (though the second half went noticeably quicker than the first half). Website owner lady was really impressed at how quickly I got up to speed and everything, so that's cool.

Do you still have both your kidneys?

zjQQ1D5.gif

tim1138

I've gone through friends' old comic stashes and it's really fun. Sifting through chromium covers and multiple polybagged copies of Death of Superman and all types of nonsense. You should report your findings on here if you ever have the time to get through some of it.

Rhaknar will totally be jealous about my crap load of old X-Men comics. If I've got some time this weekend I may have to dig in and see what's there. I know I should have a ploy bagged copy of X-Force #1, surely I can sell that and retire early!

Messi

Fucking hell. Can we give some more props to Patrick Gleason for the work he is doing on Batman and Robin. Especially this most recent issue. Just bravo. Tomasi and Gleason are doing incredible work here. It really helps that the book has been freed from all the other DC antics and they can just tell a fantastic story. I just love this Robin :). If this isnt book of the month something has gone horribly wrong.

Oh and that cover is incredible.

I love Legendary Star Lord. It's goofy. The banana scene made me laugh. Eh.
Hey we all like our different books. You and I usually like a lot of the same things FWIW!
Can you believe it? They're gonna go back to the 616. :)
I did see that and I am excited to read it.

Still need to read the last issue of it actually, so I'll probably do that tonight. Also gonna grab Amazing Spider-Man 615 and 616 since I remember some of you guys talking about them being drawn by Pulido.

frye

Hey we all like our different books. You and I usually like a lot of the same things FWIW!

I did see that and I am excited to read it.

Still need to read the last issue of it actually, so I'll probably do that tonight. Also gonna grab Amazing Spider-Man 615 and 616 since I remember some of you guys talking about them being drawn by Pulido.

That's Keemia's Castle, yeah? it's dooope

Rhaknar

Every X issue right after Battle of the Atom completely shits on the event issues. Goddamn events man...

Also forgot to say earlier but I didn't know that Kurt had been dead since Messiah Complex, in 07, so they actually kept him dead for 6 years, that's pretty good for comic deaths

I need to read Messiah Complex one of these days, it's not even that big compared to other events (and yes I realise the irony when I was just bitching about events)

Zombine

Banned
I just read Batman & Robin and I honestly think it was book of the week. The art was phenominal, and I particularly loved the dream sequence. There were some great character moments, and I loved the scene when
Damian tried to fly away and Bruce pulled him down.

Messi

I just read Batman & Robin and I honestly think it was book of the week. The art was phenominal, and I particularly loved the dream sequence. There were some great character moments, and I loved the scene when
Damian tried to fly away and Bruce pulled him down.

So many fantastic pages. I got to the end and I went nooooooo there needs to be more. Please.

Legit spoilers.

Damien waking up Bruce ,Getting shot,Being pulled back by Batman, Breaking through the floor, The whole thing with the tombstone and the firefly

I love that Damian is still being a brat to Batman lol. But he also has some very legit anger towards Talia, very emotionally charged issue. But felt like such a payoff.

Man, what an issue.

Top Bottom