• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That splash page of Damian in his resurrected white attire hugging Bruce in the last issue is pure class. Glad people are enjoying the best current Bat-book.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
In all of its glory:
Batman-and-Robin-037-019.jpg

Filthy Slug

Where's Alfred's Robin costume?

Underneath his always-fresh suit, my dude. Somebody's gotta look presentable in the family.

Also, Gleason's handsome Alfred is kind of my favorite right now.

Messi

Holy shit guys, that's such a great panel ;_;

You should be reading this book. It's got all the feels. It is so good.

Babs looks so good in that costume.

--

This new colouring in the current Bachalo drawn Uncanny X-Men issues is killing my buzz. It is really bad. It really hurts the look of his art and correct me if I am wrong but Eva has Blue eyes not brown correct? In the most recent issue she has brown eyes. That's a stupid error unless it is explained in the Eva annuals which I haven't read yet.

Here is a pic of the new colouring, with Eva's eyes also.

The old colouring and Evas blue eyes

Vyer

Yeah, B&R has been great. Some of those hellsuit splash pages should also be posters.

Haha holy shit. My parents kept all my random crap (comics included) in their basement waiting for the day my wife and I bought our house and then promptly dumped it on us and it now takes up source in our basement. One day I'll go through all those old comics and see what I have down there...

My mom informed me that she has a 'box of my comics' in their attic. This is after she found another one a few months back.

I'm going to start going through them soon and see what's salvagable. Maybe I'll throw a few pics on here for some nostalgia.

That's Keemia's Castle, yeah? it's dooope

Yeah that's it.

Great little story. It hit all of the notes that makes me love Spider-Man. The bittersweet ending was just the icing on the cake. I miss stories like this.

The art was fantastic as well. Really shows how Pulido's work shines when he's with a good colorist. He draws an amazing Spidey and him wearing the beanie, scarf, and socks was a great touch.

Thanks to whoever was talking about it. Wanna say it was JC but who knows.

CBTech

I'm catching up on Batman and Robin. I noticed there are a lot of 23.X issues that are dealing with villains. The Two Face one looks important as it probably continues into the later few issues, but what about the other ones? Are they worth picking up, or are they related in any way?

Edit: Also, what about the Annuals/Future's End. Are they worth it at all? I know Future's End is some sort of event or something. You guys convinced me to read the Grayson issue, which was great. How's the Batman and Robin one?

Filthy Slug

I'm catching up on Batman and Robin. I noticed there are a lot of 23.X issues that are dealing with villains. The Two Face one looks important as it probably continues into the later few issues, but what about the other ones? Are they worth picking up, or are they related in any way?

Edit: Also, what about the Annuals/Future's End. Are they worth it at all? I know Future's End is some sort of event or something. You guys convinced me to read the Grayson issue, which was great. How's the Batman and Robin one?

So the Gimmick Month shit like Villains and Futures End are NOT relevant to the main B&R story, and many of them aren't even written by Tomasi (don't think Gleason drew a single one of those). Even the Two-Face is entirely skippable, though I enjoyed it, and it is written by Tomasi, at least.

Annuals are still written by Tomasi and have been really good so far. Not necessarily vital to the core story, but definitely worth picking up and help flesh out different facets of Batman and Robin's relationship.

CBTech

So the Gimmick Month shit like Villains and Futures End are NOT relevant to the main B&R story, and many of them aren't even written by Tomasi (don't think Gleason drew a single one of those). Even the Two-Face is entirely skippable, though I enjoyed it, and it is written by Tomasi, at least.

Annuals are still written by Tomasi and have been really good so far. Not necessarily vital to the core story, but definitely worth picking up and help flesh out different facets of Batman and Robin's relationship.

Thanks. I think I'll pick up the Two Face issues and everything relevant afterwards. Tomasi and Gleason worked on the Two Face issues which makes me interested. Two Face is also one of my favorite Batman villains so that's a plus.

Messi

Thanks. I think I'll pick up the Two Face issues and everything relevant afterwards. Tomasi and Gleason worked on the Two Face issues which makes me interested. Two Face is also one of my favorite Batman villains so that's a plus.

Oh my.... The Twoface arc of Batman & Robin is amazing.

My wife has never read an issue of B&R, I had her read today's issue and I gave her the backstory. After she was done, she said she wants to start reading it. This entailed me to explain how Damian Wayne came to be.

Filthy Slug

Hold up...so there is a Batman & Two-Face story arc that's part of the main B& R series, which is excellent, and there's a single Gimmick Month Issue that just has a quick one-shot with Two-Face with just Tomasi.

Basically, after Damian died, the series was named Batman & [guest-starring character]. You WANT those issues. They're where the series goes from good -> Yo this is the best Batbook

PsychBat!

Banned
W1HySJk.png

Finally finished last week's image of the Top 5. Marvel dominated last week. Unfortunately for my fellow Marvel fans, only one or two stuck out to me this week. Stay tuned.

Messi, you inspired me. My dad raised me all by himself since I was 8 years old, he was the best man at my wedding. This honors that in my mind.

B77IunuIgAA5pBw.jpg

Filthy Slug

I kind of want to ask VJC and some of you other guys for some must-read Spidey trades. Pre-Slott, that is.

Does anyone wanna buy the second volume of Preacher for cheap? Or even the first two volumes? I bought two copies of Vol. 2 on accident and i figure i'd ask here before i head to eBay.

Amazing Spider-Man 615-616

ASM 615 and 616. Part of the gauntlet story line. BND WAS HOT AS FUCK DURING THIS TIME. everyone was killing it

thanks. I guess I gotta continue reading BND.

Is there an omnibus of this stuff coming out or something? I feel like i remember that being solicited

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So here I am, reading my X-Men books, when all of a sudden something clocks me from behind, almost knocks me out. I turn around to see what it was...it's another fucking event. Something called Inhumanity which Uncanny X-men ties into aparently, and leads to that Inhuman book I read a few days ago. Sigh

Also aparently it's a sequel to Infinity which I haven't read

PsychBat!

Banned
So here I am, reading my X-Men books, when all of a sudden something clocks me from behind, almost knocks me out. I turn around to see what it was...it's another fucking event. Something called Inhumanity which Uncanny X-men ties into aparently, and leads to that Inhuman book I read a few days ago. Sigh

Also aparently it's a sequel to Infinity which I haven't read
Inhumanity isn't an event. It's kind of like a very short-lived Dark Reign.

I also recommend ASM 589 a Fred van Lenten issue about the spot.m

Everyone likes the gag where he punches himself in the face trying to battle the Spot, but my favorite bit was the Nolan Batman joke that actually paid off at the climax

asm589.jpg

Amazing_Spider_Man_589.jpg

also the Spot's tragic origin story is like...straight out of "The Coyote Gospel"

Thanks for the ASM recommendations guys, I'll have to check out a lot of this stuff. I read a good chunk of JMS ASM leading into OMD but then I stopped reading almost entirely except for a bit of Big Time and Spider-Island. So I missed out on pretty much all of this stuff.

Man, I miss Spider-Man... I'm on the fence about the Roger Stern Spidey Omni, what's the word on that?

Top Bottom