• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

No but seriously just how fucking good was Loki and that whole payoff, god damn. The whole thing, for two fucking years, and now, shit just fucking falls apart it's the best. THE BEST.

Those flashback panels to the talk with Thor back in JiM #645 were something else. The build up was really well done throughout the previous issues, slowly setting up this moment.

A nice reminder to everyone else that you should read Gillen's Journey into Mystery and Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard. (Also Gillen's Young Avengers).

PsychBat!

Banned
this Talking Comics podcast is...pretty terrible. Sorry :/

This chick hates marvel and says marvel isnt even one of the big 2 (lol?), this other guy says secret wars is a reboot and all the books will be dead as if its fact even tho nothing resembling that was announced. So, yeah :/

maybe its just an off episode but its a terrible first impression
sounds like a circle jerk

actual New Venom panel from the GotG issue

4342692-venom.jpg

man whatever this is badass as hell

JC is back yaaaaaaaaaaay.

Read Batman and Robin - Born to Kill today. Cool little story. Great artwork, although it felt a little heavy on the splash pages in the first half of the trade.

PsychBat!

Banned
I have to agree with Birdie, that Venom suit looks pretty cool. GotG still looks like it's not doing anything so I'm not gonna bother.

TOOTH AND CLAW #3 is great, the mythos is so good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We shit on everything equally. Unless you are image.

actually jokes aside, one of the reasons I like the thread so much is that, as far as ive seen, there is no rampant fanboyism towards any company, you can freely talk about anything

It's 80 pages brahs! Also, it's optional. It also comes with the Multiverse poster.

STK661035.jpg

Publisher: DC COMICS
(W) Grant Morrison (A) Nicola Scott & Various (CA) Rian Hughes
The guidebook to the greatest adventure in DC's history is here!
With a detailed concordance featuring each of the 52 worlds in the Multiverse, a complete history of DC Comics' universe-shattering "Crisis" events, a map of all known existence, AND an action-packed dual adventure starring Kamandi of Earth-51 alongside the post-apocalyptic Atomic Knight Batman of Earth-17 and chibi Batman of Earth-42, this 80-page mountain of MULTIVERSITY madness cannot be missed!
The MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK contains everything you ever wanted to know about DC's parallel worlds and their super-heroic inhabitants. Meet the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R. The Light Brigade, the Super-Americans and the Love Syndicate! Meet the Accelerated Man, Aquaflash, BiOmac and more!
Overflowing with today's top artists and completely written by Grant Morrison himself, readers of the DC Universe can't afford to pass up this oversized, sixth chapter of MULTIVERSITY!

ElNarez

Banned
Those flashback panels to the talk with Thor back in JiM #645 were something else. The build up was really well done throughout the previous issues, slowly setting up this moment.

A nice reminder to everyone else that you should read Gillen's Journey into Mystery and Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard. (Also Gillen's Young Avengers).

It's just so goddamn heartbreaking. It even managed to call back to the "In the end, it was always Loki" catchphrase from JiM. GOD DAMN. Masterfully done.

Messi

actually jokes aside, one of the reasons I like the thread so much is that, as far as ive seen, there is no rampant fanboyism towards any company, you can freely talk about anything

Aye, we are pretty good at that.

It's a shame we will all be kipp'd soon.

Sadist

Venom beefcake BEEFCAAAAKE

Read Amazing Spider-Man, All New X-Men and Transformers #37

Spider-Verse remains a cool read
Dat Spock pep speach
and eh, I kinda enjoyed All New X-Men

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aye, we are pretty good at that.

It's a shame we will all be kipp'd soon.

well except towards the X-Men of course...fuck you all :(

Cyclops will judge you

this Talking Comics podcast is...pretty terrible. Sorry :/

This chick hates marvel and says marvel isnt even one of the big 2 (lol?), this other guy says secret wars is a reboot and all the books will be dead as if its fact even tho nothing resembling that was announced. So, yeah :/

maybe its just an off episode but its a terrible first impression

Like any podcast it's all about getting a read on the hosts. That particular one has a HUGE Image / Indie preference so they tend to be pretty harsh on Marvel and DC.

People listen to podcasts?

I'm part of a bi-weekly video game podcast. :(

YO INTERNET CELEBRITY UP IN HERE.

Which one?

Holding the line at $2.99!*

*For bad weekly books only, thx.

Filthy plz.

fauxtrot

Banned
It's 80 pages brahs! Also, it's optional. It also comes with the Multiverse poster.

Part of the reason for the price increase is each issue comes with a hit of acid so you can get on Morrison's wave-length before diving into 80 pages of meta world-bending madness.

I think the current GoTG run is garbage, but I really don't mind Bendis on Uncanny X-Men, it's nothing groundbreaking but I'm not like, offended by it and I think it's been enjoyable all the way through. I really liked the conversation between Cyclops and Magneto last issue, I thought it was a standout moment for the series.

fauxtrot

Banned
YO INTERNET CELEBRITY UP IN HERE.

Which one?

It's not one any of you have likely heard of before... we only get a few hundred unique IP listens per episode right now, but we have basically no media presence so I am actually proud that anyone has stumbled upon us and continue to listen. The podcast is called Gamebuddies and I'm Austin, if anyone ends up checking it out.

Isak_Borg

Holding the line at $7.99.

And lol. Funny you should say that. Every time I say anything about my new job, I get paranoid that it'll get tracked back to me/my GAF account.
One of the many downsides of using your real name as your username.

Tell me about it!

ElNarez

Banned
Ra's Al Ghul saying what we were ALL thinking in Batman & Robin was so ace. Plus, Gleason just doing his thing at 100% and then some. How is the guy not on Justice League already I mean just give him his big break already man it's not fair.

Messi

I think the current GoTG run is garbage, but I really don't mind Bendis on Uncanny X-Men, it's nothing groundbreaking but I'm not like, offended by it and I think it's been enjoyable all the way through. I really liked the conversation between Cyclops and Magneto last issue, I thought it was a standout moment for the series.

The colouring is really off in the last 2-3 issues did they change colorist? It doesn't look as good now :/

MG310

I don't mind the costume so much. Pointy chinned Destroyer face is a little odd. A little too inorganic for my liking. Even Agent Venom's tactical gear was drawn with a crab like texture to it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ra's Al Ghul saying what we were ALL thinking in Batman & Robin was so ace. Plus, Gleason just doing his thing at 100% and then some. How is the guy not on Justice League already I mean just give him his big break already man it's not fair.

Man, I totally fucking agree. His work on JLA: Welcome to the Working Week was damn good, and he's gotten so much better since that book was released in 2003:
934387-jlaworkweek.jpg

jww101_32.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
Couldn't make it in time to buy the B&R issue today with Damian on the cover, all they had were the Flash variants. Gonna have to buy it online.

Rhaknar

Black Widow ongoing any good? That Winter soldier mini left me wanting more spy stuff

tim1138

Man, I totally fucking agree. His work on JLA: Welcome to the Working Week was damn good, and he's gotten so much better since that book was released in 2003:
934387-jlaworkweek.jpg

jww101_32.jpg

Any book that Gleason is on in the future, he needs to keep Mick Gray as his inker and John Kalisz as his colorist. They take his line art from very good to incredible.

fauxtrot

Banned
I don't mind the costume so much. Pointy chinned Destroyer face is a little odd. A little too inorganic for my liking. Even Agent Venom's tactical gear was drawn with a crab like texture to it.

F'reals, lets take one of the things that makes Venom unique (the fact that the "suit" is a living organism living symbiotically through its wearer) and remove that all-together from his design. Visual storytelling at its best, people.

Rhaknar

F'reals, lets take one of the things that makes Venom unique (the fact that the "suit" is a living organism living symbiotically through its wearer) and remove that all-together from his design. Visual storytelling at its best, people.

to be fair his Agent Venom costume already removed that

PsychBat!

Banned
I do a sporadically scheduled podcast with my friends. It's more of a gaming/movie podcast though. Which is limiting imo because talking about comics to people who don't read comics is fun but it's a wasted act.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I might have to read this for the Elvis Costello reference alone.

It's definitely worth tracking down. It's a huge one-shot, and it should be easy to find on ebay. I picked it up for like 5 bones last year on a whim, and It was easily worth that.

I think the new Venom design looks okay except for the head. The new face reminds me way too much of Spawn with the green eyes and white splotches around them.

Like already said, the white palms look really good... It's just the head that throws it all off IMO.

And that was a good Gundam model I just put together. Maybe I'll buy some comics off of Comixology tonight. Maybe.

fauxtrot

Banned
to be fair his Agent Venom costume already removed that

This is true... I'm not very familiar with Flash as Venom. At least it looks like that version often had a matte look and a little bit of organic stylings, whereas this new suit just looks like a black version of one of Iron Man's non-standard suits. The plate-esque lines on the face/neck/legs make it look more like a metal exo-suit.

Just another case of me wishing Marvel and DC would hire some artists with a keen eye for design to do their suit redesigns... Project Rooftop has spoiled me.

Rhaknar

This is true... I'm not very familiar with Flash as Venom. At least it looks like that version often had a matte look and a little bit of organic stylings, whereas this new suit just looks like a black version of one of Iron Man's non-standard suits. The plate-esque lines on the face/neck make it look more like a metal exo-suit.

I dont hate it, but I dont like the spider going all the way to the back, reminds me of gargon venom which I hate. Ill wait to see if theres some tendril action before passing final judgement

Top Bottom