• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Just devoured through the three hardcover volumes of Daredevil by Waid over the course of three days.

Stuff was amazeballs.
And that is not an accolade I throw around lightly.

So the only Daredevil I knew of before was the movie Daredevil and this is a definite improvement.

I did feel like I was missing out on a tiny bit what with everyone referencing how he was all depressed before and that he was a brand new Matt and it unnerved them but that was fine.

I really enjoyed how they displayed their powers. That scene where Foggy and Matt go for a walk and small bits were highlighted and 'Daredevil sensed'. Like the flap of a bird's wing. Also the heartbeats. The radar sense was pretty cool.

This is coming from a mainly DC reader that loathes crossovers but I really enjoyed the crossover stories with Spiderman. I guess it is impossible to hate Spiderman. I especially enjoyed him swinging down to Matt and asking Daredevil for help after Matt's lengthy conversation with McDuffie about the fact that he wasn't Daredevil. (Though I do have to say when SpOck showed up that was a bit weird. Like if I hadn't heard about him via the internet I would be very confused)

The fight with Iraki was straight up amazing. Daredevil systematically got taken down and when you think he finally has the edge. Iraki comes up with, "Try the red one."
It's amazing. They take you for a ride and you just assume he is blind. You believe it with every fiber in your body and then that line comes out, it clicks into place, and you go, oh.... he can see.

I felt the White Supremacist thing was a bit out of left field. It kind of came out of no where, it felt very much like, "Oh by the way this secret organization now controls the city because of reasons." I didn't enjoy it as much as the other arcs but it ended solid with Matt giving his testimonial.

Solid run. Are there more? Apparently they rebooted it? I'll probably read those ones as well.

Oh and it was a tad bit annoying how every single issue explained Matt's background and powers and what not. I understand it's there because every comic is someones first comic but that didn't stop me from getting annoyed at it. It was only a minor annoyance.

5 Daredevils out of Daredevils.

E the Shaggy

Rob Liefeld draws Walking Dead.............................

the-walking-dead-rob-liefeld-119095.jpg

Cheska

Nice work! ...aaaand now I'm contemplating that Daredevil again.
DO IT! Except you may have to order from BBTS or somewhere else because I think he and Thor sold out on Sideshow :(

This is amazing. The entire video, I mean.

That video is awesome Cheska. I am incredibly envious right now.

Holy shit she looks amazing. How much was she?

Awesome videos Cheska! I fell a sleep waiting for it. You should definitely do that more often.
Thank you so much guys <3 <3

The statue definitely looks better with the shield.
Yeah she does! Still, the axe is a nice perk for free :p

Where in the world are you going to put that? Lol. I was having a hard time finding a spot for my Rick statue and that thing is a fraction of the size.
On top of my Ikea shelfs, next to the other Premium Formats :) Totally running out of room and will definitely have to make adjustments when Jean and Batgirl arrive.

I saw the photo of the box on twitter, but that didn't do it any justice. Good lord that thing is huge!
I was so nervous she was going to fall on me when I was putting her on the shelf haha.

Fintan

Re-reading the Ultimate Universe, I'm just up to Stuart Immonen's run on Ultimate Spider-Man. Coming off the heels of reading Nextwave, it's just reaffirmed for me that Immonen is probably my favourite artist. He's just consistently great and his style just clicks with me.

No idea who the writer is. So Soule going to be given an Avengers book as well?

Man eventually he will write all Marvel books.

Also Wanda is so powerful cause she is a nexus being. Why she has the powers she does. Her birth on Wundagore made her a nexus being of magic. Why she uses chaos magic and not energy manipulation.

On top of my Ikea shelfs, next to the other Premium Formats :) Totally running out of room and will definitely have to make adjustments when Jean and Batgirl arrive.

totally jealous! the first sideshow I bought was the Arthas because i'm a huge warcraft guy, but the batgirl is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

the pose and everything for Jean is just perfect.

I saw the wonder woman and about died, too. My wife has about 9 other wonder women statues so that'll be what we have for her but I'd replace them all in a heartbeat for the sideshow one

I just wanna know how much they are going to charge for Scret Wars issue 2.

"Secret Wars issue two will be the price of two pizzas. And not like one of those carry out deals you can get from the other guys. [laughs] we want our readers to view Scret Wars issue two as a premium item, crafted by true artisans. Not some high school teenager that's more worried about his status update on Facebook or his rating on Tindr. And this isn't just something you let sit in the fridge overnight for a morning snack, this is a piece of art you need to read sizzling right out of the polybagged packaging. Much like you would see on the Food Network, presentation is everything. And we hope our readers see that. "

I just wanna know how much they are going to charge for Scret Wars issue 2.

"Secret Wars issue two will be the price of two pizzas. And not like one of those carry out deals you can get from the other guys. [laughs] we want our readers to view Scret Wars issue two as a premium item, crafted by true artisans. Not some high school teenager that's more worried about his status update on Facebook or his rating on Tindr. And this isn't just something you let sit in the fridge overnight for a morning snack, this is a piece of art you need to read sizzling right out of the polybagged packaging. Much like you would see on the Food Network, presentation is everything. And we hope our readers see that. "
:lol :lol

Boogiepop

God, I've said it before, but Archie really, really sucks, at least in regards to their handling of Sonic (and to a lesser degree Mega Man) trades/reprints. Turns out, though there's no official confirmation anywhere, the Sonic Legacy series is indeed dead and the last one is only getting a digital release. Also, it looks like the newest Sonic Saga trade has managed to slip yet again, this time to April. Ugh.

At this point I think I've decided that at least the garbage Penders Sonic stuff will be the first stuff I go digital on, due to Archie becoming both a pain about it (even if I wanted to go Archives that's looking dicey as well as to whether they'll make it to the end), and that it also honestly isn't something worth placing on a shelf. It looks like most all of it is $2 a pop on Comixology right now. I guess I'll just hope a sale will eventually pop up for that stuff for like $1 or something, because it's honestly not worth throwing much money at. I'm half tempted to give up on the Sonic Saga stuff as well, but that's something I enjoy enough to want a physical copy at least.

Bleh, stupid Archie Comics.

tim1138

Grant has said multiple times he's done with monthly ongoings. From now on, its all mini-series he and his artists can plot out, pace, and polish before they get published.

With the conclusion of Multiversity and that Wonder Woman OGN, he's also said he's done with cape books as well.

Top Bottom