• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

This new volume of WATXM isnt very good :/

I dont know what it is, the characters are there, the setting, hell its focusing on mah boy Quentin, and yet...something feels off

New writer Jason Latour described it aptly as going from a Parent's view (Aaron) to a Kid's (Latour). Iunno, I dug it.

Messi

Yo, Freeza and co. The Batgirl (Babs Tarr) Black and White statue is up on bigbadtoystore to preorder. So are the bombshell Lois Lane and Batwoman. Plus that dope Wonder Woman Art of War statue from the dc short. All dated 3rd quarter this year except Batgirl who is August.

I preordered them all. Fuck.

:D

IMAG0062.jpg

Yo, Freeza and co. The Batgirl (Babs Tarr) Black and White statue is up on bigbadtoystore to preorder. So are the bombshell Lois Lane and Batwoman. Plus that dope Wonder Woman Art of War statue from the dc short. All dated 3rd quarter this year except Batgirl who is August.

I preordered them all. Fuck.

Yeah, I'm waiting for DCBS to put them up.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I have a Viewtiful Joe bubblehead that came with the game. It's pretty fucking rad.

Rafa's been busy this week

Well, on one side, there are fans saying, "Oh my God, it's a reboot!" On the other, there are fans saying, "Thank God it isn't a reboot!" All I'll say is that, like our teaser suggests, "When everything ends, there is only Secret Wars," but that doesn't mean we think our continuity or history as broken and needing to be fixed. Far from it.

But that doesn't mean that we're not willing to take chances and bend some stuff. Come May, "Secret Wars" is the Marvel Universe and all of its stories lay down the building blocks for the Marvel Universe moving forward: the characters, artifacts, territories and other stuff that will be the Marvel Universe when the event is over. "Secret Wars" is not an intermission from our regularly scheduled program; it is our regularly scheduled program. If you are reading "Amazing Spider-Man," it's going to be abundantly clear which series you need to be read, during the event and beyond. Ditto for non-flagship series like "All-New Ghost Rider." We have plans for Robbie Reyes.

Plans, Filthy Slug. There's a pre-order incentive right there.

ElNarez

Banned
New writer Jason Latour described it aptly as going from a Parent's view (Aaron) to a Kid's (Latour). Iunno, I dug it.

Its biggest problem was doing things that were either already done better elsewhere (How is Evan gonna deal with the fact he's a clone of Apocalypse? Hey, check it out, Quentin Quire is growing up and he's rebellious!) or just plain out of character (Because, yeah, Idie just plain doesn't give a fuck about religion anymore she's just gonna be a foil to Quentin).

bengraven

So after 10 years of no comics, this 35 year old spent the last week reading nearly every X-book or Spidey book of the last 2-3 years to just catch up with the modern stories.

Damn, I have to admit there are some really good stories and writers out there that I have never heard of it. And artists. All-New X-men has some fantastic regular artists. I'm kind of not digging Spider-verse that much but I'm not hating it either. I don't mind Slott - he does some things I like and some I don't - I'd rather we clean up the Superior Spiderman stuff sooner than later, but I love the awkwardness he's created and love the idea of JJ being a Fox News like voice

Still not considering myself "caught up" by a long shot. I'm going to go back and read all of the major storylines from the past 10 years (Civil Wars, House of M, whatever that Norman Osborn crossover was called).

I'm digging this having so much to read. The fifteen year old in me loved going back and reading the comics that proceeded what I read. He'd dig this.

At least Kaine has spider-privilege, we're never gonna see Aracely again
Damn Yost for deciding to take years to develop her story with no payoff (I think, I haven't finished NW yet)
Stop beating around the bush and call them the All-New Jobbers. They get squashed by Doom on page 12 to push him against the Beyonder in Secret Wars.
:( I really thought Kaine had *it* back when his series launched, he had a cool look, supporting cast, story, and a great artist. Then I got Pham'd, and then Baldeon'd. Now he's "lose in event splash pages" tier. I'm not reading Spider-Verse though so maybe he'll just die there off panel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So after 10 years of no comics, this 35 year old spent the last week reading nearly every X-book or Spidey book of the last 2-3 years to just catch up with the modern stories.

Damn, I have to admit there are some really good stories and writers out there that I have never heard of it. And artists. All-New X-men has some fantastic regular artists. I'm kind of not digging Spider-verse that much but I'm not hating it either. I don't mind Slott - he does some things I like and some I don't - I'd rather we clean up the Superior Spiderman stuff sooner than later, but I love the awkwardness he's created and love the idea of JJ being a Fox News like voice

Still not considering myself "caught up" by a long shot. I'm going to go back and read all of the major storylines from the past 10 years (Civil Wars, House of M, whatever that Norman Osborn crossover was called).

I'm digging this having so much to read. The fifteen year old in me loved going back and reading the comics that proceeded what I read. He'd dig this.

Wait...are, are you me? o_O

can't get over the irony of getting more newcomers in the community ghetto than outside of it

:( I really thought Kaine had *it* back when his series launched, he had a cool look, supporting cast, story, and a great artist. Then I got Pham'd, and then Baldeon'd. Now he's "lose in event splash pages" tier. I'm not reading Spider-Verse though so maybe he'll just die there off panel

I enjoyed the first 5-6 issues...then Stegman got dropped for some Top Floor artist and that was that. Heard he crossed over with Venom for some Maximum Carnage 2 sequel or some shit? RIP in peace Kaine...I think he JUST jobbed out in the latest Spider-Verse actually.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I enjoyed the first 5-6 issues...then Stegman got dropped for some Top Floor artist and that was that. Heard he crossed over with Venom for some Maximum Carnage 2 sequel or some shit? RIP in peace Kaine...I think he JUST jobbed out in the latest Spider-Verse actually.

Yeah, it was called Minimum Carnage. I want to say I read at least the Scarlet Spider issues, but I don't remember a damn thing about it other than I definitely miss playing Maximum Carnage on my SNES.

And where is Stegman nowadays? I feel like he blew up after Scarlet Spider, but then he started working on Gun-Verine and then disappeared?

Yeah, it was called Minimum Carnage. I want to say I read at least the Scarlet Spider issues, but I don't remember a damn thing about it other than I definitely miss playing Maximum Carnage on my SNES.

And where is Stegman nowadays? I feel like he blew up after Scarlet Spider, but then he started working on Gun-Verine and then disappeared?

he did a lot of good work on Superior Spider-Man, but they stuck on him on that dud book Inhuman that only Rafa/Axel Alonso cares about. Shame.

can't get over the irony of getting more newcomers in the community ghetto than outside of it

Dude, the same thing happened when FigureGAF got moved to community. In OT, it was always waifu discussion, all day every day. But after the move, we started seeing new people all the time that were into different things. It adds a lot of diversity to the discussion.

Top Bottom