• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I just want to say, even though I have said some stupid things, some of you have said some stupid things, I love you all and this community.

Brehs for life!

iLFRv3MKCU71L.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I really need to get this job, man. I spent more than an hour today on various book selling sites just looking at omnibuses and OHCs. And I want a new PC, since I got into Heroes of the Storm and it's yet another victim of Nvidia Optimus being it's usual garbagey self.

Good luck!
It feels so good to finally have a decent-paying full-time job. I feel like I can actually spend money now. Gonna be doing a lot more IST ordering in the future, I think. Although I kinda want to read some the stuff I already have first.

Any Image book that sells well is an obvious choice for deluxe hardcovers. Sex Crims is getting one soon, so I'd be shocked if Deadly Class and Rat Queens didn't get them, too.

I mean, if Five Ghosts is getting an OHC, anything and everything is possible.

I wanted to do the Stray Bullets book club, but I also wanted to wait till Kipp and co(ko?) were done with SiP, didn't want to step on anybody's toes. Everybody reads at their own pace, so...

I'm not sure who's currently reading SiP who plans to read Stray Bullets too, so depending on that, you could start whenever. I plan to read Stray Bullets eventually, but I think I'll pass on the reading club since that format didn't really work out too well for me personally. So yeah, feel free to start whenever you'd like; you won't be stepping on any toes (except in the case that someone else is reading SiP and also wants to read Stray Bullets, but even then, most people should be done with SiP pretty soon).

For anyone thinking about getting Absolute Top 10, now might be the time. Already out of stock on IST. Posters on CBR are speculating that it might be going OOP.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning to pick up the complete collection (can't remember at the moment if it's a paperback or OHC) whenever that comes out though. I saw it solicited at some point a while back.

Really like the ending to Scarlet Spiders. I can't believe people are shitting on Spiderverse. Between Spider-Island and Spiderverse, the spiderbook events are the marvel events I've enjoyed in a long time.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Really like the ending to Scarlet Spiders. I can't believe people are shitting on Spiderverse. Between Spider-Island and Spiderverse, the spiderbook events are the marvel events I've enjoyed in a long time.

This was set AFTER ASM13 according to checklist, but what happens is BEFORE the events of ASM13.

Found it weird, tbh. Did enjoy it though.

Fintan

I really enjoyed Spider-Island, but overall I think Spider-Verse is really bad. There's been the occasional cool moment (like Punk-Spidey and Spider-Man from the 60's TV series) but the vast majority of the actual story is really dull to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This was set AFTER ASM13 according to checklist, but what happens is BEFORE the events of ASM13.

Found it weird, tbh. Did enjoy it though.

And Spider-Woman 3 was the same way. WTF, nothing new happened, it was set before and then after ASM13 but says continued in ASM13? Either the checklist is useless or someone fucked up.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ah, loving Damian's return already. Even Bats has cheered up a bit, dropping his
"Haven't you heard? We're the Dynamic Duo."
line. Also, glad that Tomasi is still playing with all of the pieces that he put into place in the series before Damian's return, like the
clones

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Thinking about pulling Batman & Robin, since Damian's back. Should I go back and read the rest of the series?

Fuck yes. Start from the very beginning. It has very much been one giant story (outside of the Two-Face arc), and it pays off incredibly well. Damian's return is very much earned by Tomasi and Gleason. I said very much a lot, but my brain is shot so whatever.

Supergirl is good but I fell asleep while reading it

Not a knock against the book, but I probably shouldn't start reading while I'm dozing off

Caught up on the latest issue of Daredevil. How this book doesn't get voted for more often by you I'll never understand ComicGAF; it is first class storytelling all the way.

And Kirsten is AMAZING. :D

I'm scared for her now, after the end of last issue. Please please PLEASE don't do it, Marvel. PLEASE?

I think daredevil just doesn't get the fanfare other heroes do. Despite having had more acclaimed run than most other hero books.

And people always vote for the month's newest #1

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fantomex: "excuse me but your child appears to be a flesh eating alien" (Broo)
Brand: "oh yeah? yours appears to be Apocalypse"

Man I fucking loved WATXM, I'm going to miss it quite a bit, especially since you guys say that the reboot and then spiderman and the X-Men aren't very good :/

Oh well, was awesome while it lasted and it more or less maintained the quality over the 42 issues. Probably not the best of the X stuff I've read since my comics renaissance (that's probably still Morrison's new x-men) but it certainly was my favorite

Hello there, Comics|GAF!

Looking forward to that guidebook, but I was hoping there would be more substance to the worlds than a simple blurb. Still, $7.99 going towards a good cause.

Owzers

Apart from some awkward R stick controls on the Vita, i'm enjoying The Swapper.

Also, i never did quit Evil Within, starting ch 6 whenever i go back to it. Still have problems with controls/camera/framerate/field of view but it's Mikami...i want to like it so much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Remender stay on Uncanny Avengers for the whole run, Uncanny X-Force style, or is this another case of "first 6 issues are awesome and then creative changes"? Because these first few issues are awesome :p

Really hoping Marvel releases an omnibus for Mark Waid's run on Daredevil. I've only read the first two trades and I really want to read more but buying an omni would be so much easier than buying more trades or just going the OHC route.

Does Remender stay on Uncanny Avengers for the whole run, Uncanny X-Force style, or is this another case of "first 6 issues are awesome and then creative changes"? Because these first few issues are awesome :p

Whole run. The art team does change several times though. Luckily, Acuna's art is really good so it works out for everyone!

MG310

He made out with Black Cat and she isn't dead yet.

The only other living ones that I can think of are Widow,Typhoid Mary and Milla who is in a mental hospital.

Top Bottom