• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you think the first issues were good, then you will love the rest. The first arc was the weakest.

This red skull arc in Uncanny Avengers is bad? Whut?

wtf6.gif

I can't tell if the book feels more like a x-men book or a Avengers book, which I guess is precisely the point.

Red Skull with the Nazi analogies saying Thor is the blonde, blue eyed champion they needed was creepy (but accurate lol)

PsychBat!

Banned
Does Remender stay on Uncanny Avengers for the whole run, Uncanny X-Force style, or is this another case of "first 6 issues are awesome and then creative changes"? Because these first few issues are awesome :p

Whole run. Creative changes are the most common things nowadays, your surprise for these things should be dialed down cuz then you'll look like a weirdo who's lived in a cave for the past decade and a half.

LOL JK JK

Oh yeah, I personally think it's the worst. Not even because of the storyline but because of that damn Havok speech.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck you Psych it wasn't a decade and half...

...it was like 12 years :(

Also you guys are crazy I'm loving this arc

PsychBat!

Banned
All I'm saying is that it gets a million times better with the Apocalypse Twins arc.

Still won't forgive or forget that stupid Havok speech and Remender's tweet.

It's not bad, but it is definitely the weakest part of the series. I enjoyed the first arc too (though, I don't think I've really disliked anything I've read from Remender) but the following arcs are so much better.

Make sure you read the Annual too, I think it was released around issue 19 or 20

Rhaknar

Someone give me a quick crash course on why the fuck Wanda is so powerful, in my days her mutant power was changing probabilities, not solo take out Thor with dragonball z style giant magic blasts :eek:

I need me a JC style lesson up in here

Rhaknar

Oh shit Wonder Man and Sunfire join the team? This book just keeps getting better

OH SHIT it's
Warren's
babies :O

Oh fuck
Kang

I love mark morales art in this issue (#5)

Someone give me a quick crash course on why the fuck Wanda is so powerful, in my days her mutant power was changing probabilities, not solo take out Thor with dragonball z style giant magic blasts :eek:

I need me a JC style lesson up in here

chaosmagic1.jpg

Read Kurt busicks avengers

Short story is she takes here powere from the god Chthon

Cheska

Best day ever today :D

Smooth day at work, but the best part is this:

C1n0Fezl.jpg

I recorded a quick video which is in the process of uploading now, I'll post the link if you guys are interested.

Rhaknar

This Apocalypse Twins arc is so fucking good, I'm liking Remender's Avengers a lot more than his X-Force, which is strange coming from me :p

At least it starts off better IMO, his Uncanny X-Force didn't click with me until halfway through.

I do love how they are connected tho, it's reminding me of you guys telling me to read Hickman's F4 stuff before his Avengers stuff, is it a similar type deal?

Neoxon

So Guardians 3000 introduced Richard Rider's descendant, Centurion Rael Rider (who's first name is Irani Rael's last name, the Nova Prime from the GotG movie), who's the last member of the Nova Corps. Certain countries have it to where your first name is your parent's last name (that's how my dad got his first name before he moved to America, from my grandpa), so I assume Richie & Irani bumped uglies in that universe.....don't worry, Irani Rael is much younger in the comics than in the GotG movie. Rael Rider is basically the Lucina to Richie's Marth.

Cheska

I enjoyed this video.
Would pay $4.99 to see again. Am I doing this right?
Next video, if you do any more, ditch vertical. :]

And yeah, that statue is frickin' huge.

I know :( My phone wouldn't capture everything horizontally, I'm looking into HD capturing cameras right now lol

Rhaknar

New Uncanny Avengers team next week looks crazy

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, I quit reading somewhere around 110 or so. Wetflame said it improves again, so I will read it in trades from the library once it is completely collected.

It is rather nice that the deluxe edition vol 9 collects it to just past 75. I won't be buying the rest of that series.

Sorry for the super late reply to this but I was asleep. You can't make me post while I'm asleep, you just can't.

Yeah, Fables 1-75 is an incredible run and if it had ended there I'm sure it'd be right up there in the "comic books you must read" lists and so on. Great characters, great central mystery, nice payoff. It stumbled with finding a new direction for a while after that and there's definitely a point around there where I got bored and stopped reading for a while. When I went back and picked it up again it was a little hit and miss but the art is still great, the characters are still there, but with the Cubs in Toyland arc (I think this is #114-121) it really hit a high note. That arc is probably the best storyline since #75 and really well done. I know you've just stopped reading but seeing as you're so close to that storyine I'd really recommend going that little bit further or reading the trades like you suggest.

At this point now I've been following all the way through and I'm just waiting to see how it all ends. There's interesting stuff going on but nothing has hit the highs of
building to the war against the adversary
in the first 75 issues. Still, I enjoy reading the book whenever I get the chance and I don't regret sticking with it.

Picked up my books Yesterday,,, What the hell is up with Black Widow...
It says Noto is on art in this issue,, but it looks way different. I thought it was a guest artist (hate that shit without a heads up)

Anyone else see this,, am I just crazy?

Messi

Picked up my books Yesterday,,, What the hell is up with Black Widow...
It says Noto is on art in this issue,, but it looks way different. I thought it was a guest artist (hate that shit without a heads up)

Anyone else see this,, am I just crazy?

The colouring seems different but those are Noto ass Noto faces. Good issue too.

Messi

Yeah I was thinking maybe its just the coloring,, looks decent,, but just not as smooth as usual.

I absolutely agree. It didn't look as good. The colour palette was much bolder than the usual washed out watercolor look.

Natasha looks good with her hair back though :)

Good luck!
It feels so good to finally have a decent-paying full-time job. I feel like I can actually spend money now. Gonna be doing a lot more IST ordering in the future, I think. Although I kinda want to read some the stuff I already have first.

Thanks Kipp.

It's going well right now, the second week was a lot better than the first. Plus I got my schedule for next week and I have Monday off, so I can stay up Sunday night for the Royal Rumble (it airs at 1AM local time here).

I'm also 5-0 in a Hearthstone Arena run right now. I actually need to pinch myself.

Backlog plan

iZombie 2,3,4
Doom Patrol Omnibus
Batwoman Elegy
Casanova HC vol 1
Grant Morrisons Batman reread
The People Inside
Oz Omnibus
Batman Venom

Top Bottom