• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

My wife recieved a Lootcrate subscription for Xmas and she just got it. Star Wars #1 Variant she gave me.

B8E3wu8CMAA-anQ.jpg

I'll be honest. As much as I like TWD, I wish Invincible was on TWD's release schedule instead of TWD.
I agree. Although I actually find invincible more tense because I'm always in constant fear of Eves safety. Kirkland does random violent things to his characters and she's constantly hanging out there

Every time i talk about the walking dead comic i'm reminded how much i like it and how little i like the tv show.
Yea I dropped the TV show. Just too frustrating. Plus they ruined Andrea. The best character in the damn series

Owzers

I agree. Although I actually find invincible more tense because I'm always in constant fear of Eves safety. Kirkland does random violent things to his characters and she's constantly hanging out there

Yea I dropped the TV show. Just too frustrating. Plus they ruined Andrea. The best character in the damn series

Last season was getting better until the episode before the mid-season break, but still not good. The show has that awkward melodramatic feel and i much prefer comic book future King Carl to whatever is in the tv show. And they ruined Andrea.

tv show spoiler:
they killed her right?
Couldn't care less about the show it was so boring.

I enjoyed the first 5-6 issues...then Stegman got dropped for some Top Floor artist and that was that. Heard he crossed over with Venom for some Maximum Carnage 2 sequel or some shit? RIP in peace Kaine...I think he JUST jobbed out in the latest Spider-Verse actually.

Minimum Carnage, yeah, and that sucked. But despite that being a bad crossover/event/comic, the SS issues were drawn by Reilly Brown so that was unfortunately the last time the book looked good-to-great, too

Minimum Carnage, yeah, and that sucked. But despite that being a bad crossover/event/comic, the SS issues were drawn by Reilly Brown so that was unfortunately the last time the book looked good-to-great, too

Does anyone remember the Spider-Man Separation Anxiety game? I didn't read comics at the time, so was that ever an actual story-arc? A dozen shitty Venom clones running around?

Nudull

Banned
Does anyone remember the Spider-Man Separation Anxiety game? I didn't read comics at the time, so was that ever an actual story-arc? A dozen shitty Venom clones running around?

It was based on a comic storyline, but not actually Seperation Anxiety. The story itself drew from Venom: Lethal Protector.

tim1138

Yeah, it was called Minimum Carnage. I want to say I read at least the Scarlet Spider issues, but I don't remember a damn thing about it other than I definitely miss playing Maximum Carnage on my SNES.

And where is Stegman nowadays? I feel like he blew up after Scarlet Spider, but then he started working on Gun-Verine and then disappeared?

Man I wonder if that game was as awesome as I remember it being.

Does anyone else remember that crappy Venom miniseries with the Punisher? I wanna say it was called Funeral Pyre and ran right after Lethal Protector ended.

You better believe that cover was holographic foil.

Reilly Brown is one of those artists like Kano who isn't anybody's favorite, and will never mainline any big book, but I'm always really happy when they show up. Like "aw nice, Reilly Brown is drawing this one".

Man I wonder if that game was as awesome as I remember it being.

Does anyone else remember that crappy Venom miniseries with the Punisher? I wanna say it was called Funeral Pyre and ran right after Lethal Protector ended.

You better believe that cover was holographic foil.

Only thing missing is Wolverine and this would be the most 90s Marvel cover of all-time

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Doesn't really sound like news, but it feels like news. I officially got the job and I'm officially starting full-time on February 1st. Before there was a very, very, very slim chance that it wouldn't work out or whatever (but of course I expected everything to go wrong, a bit like Colorado did, so I was still worried about it), but it's for reals now. So yay.

Looking forward to posting in Kipp |OT| less and Comics |OT| more. Probably just one more week until I finish up SiP and get back to more mainstream comics.

tim1138

Reilly Brown is one of those artists like Kano who isn't anybody's favorite, and will never mainline any big book, but I'm always really happy when they show up. Like "aw nice, Reilly Brown is drawing this one".

Only thing missing is Wolverine and this would be the most 90s Marvel cover of all-time

Look at that cover price, $3 for a comic in 1993. Marvel was truly ahead of the curve when it comes to ridiculous pricing.

If I still have all three issues of this, Imma review it for Messi--it's by his favorite writer.
Also I'm about 99% sure Venom's eye was glow in the dark.

Doesn't really sound like news, but it feels like news. I officially got the job and I'm officially starting full-time on February 1st. Before there was a very, very, very slim chance that it wouldn't work out or whatever (but of course I expected everything to go wrong, a bit like Colorado did, so I was still worried about it), but it's for reals now. So yay.

Looking forward to posting in Kipp |OT| less and Comics |OT| more. Probably just one more week until I finish up SiP and get back to more mainstream comics.

Congrats Kipp!

Hope to see you enjoying your funnybooks again.

Nudull

Banned
I have some Spider-Man, Venom and Superman stuff from the 90's. I still have the Death of Superman promo poster hung up in my room.

Top Bottom