• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Haha, yep. Those things were so awful.

swimsuitpunisher.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Look at that cover price, $3 for a comic in 1993. Marvel was truly ahead of the curve when it comes to ridiculous pricing.

If I still have all three issues of this, Imma review it for Messi--it's by his favorite writer.
Also I'm about 99% sure Venom's eye was glow in the dark.

Glow in the dark? Holy shit, I have never seen a glow in the dark floppy. Was that as big as foil covers, polybags, etc.?
I dont even know what's going on in the background.
Goblin gangbang.

Kris Anka and Kevin Wada were recently working on a Marvel Swimsuit Special, but they pulled the plug on it. Equal opportunity sexual objectification is a no-go folks

ankawada-swimsuit11.jpg
ankawada-swimsuit2.png

Comic-GAF Question of the week

What comic issue or series have you repurchased the most?

I think for me it is Sandman with 5. I bought some issue floppies, bought the original run of trades, then the reprint trades, then the Absolute Editions, then the digital copies of the run on CMX

Cheska

Since this has come up more than a few times in the last couple of pages, I just wanted to bring back up the topic of a ComicGAF podcast. Zombine and I were talking, and I really think we could make this happen. I'm sure we all have different skills we could provide, and were on a video game forum,there has to be someone who is super tech savvy when it comes to editing/recording/hosting etc! If everyone who participated pitched in for hosting until we're actually established, and we get a good group of people together, it could work.

In my personal opinion, I think the book(s) of the week, current topic/trends, movie/media is the most appealing. And we could totally have special edition ones, maybe book of the month style?

I know plenty of other podcasts do this too, but that doesn't mean they're good or that people don't get tired of hearing the same opinions.

PsychBat!

Banned
Since this has come up more than a few times in the last couple of pages, I just wanted to bring back up the topic of a ComicGAF podcast. Zombine and I were talking, and I really think we could make this happen. I'm sure we all have different skills we could provide, and were on a video game forum,there has to be someone who is super tech savvy when it comes to editing/recording/hosting etc! If everyone who participated pitched in for hosting until we're actually established, and we get a good group of people together, it could work.

In my personal opinion, I think the book(s) of the week, current topic/trends, movie/media is the most appealing. And we could totally have special edition ones, maybe book of the month style?

I know plenty of other podcasts do this too, but that doesn't mean they're good or that people don't get tired of hearing the same opinions.
I do freelance photography and video for events or special occasions for families. While I just work a regular picture camera DURING those events, I'm the one that edits and makes the movies afterwards. I also know several recording programs in case we do this through skype or whatever.

Oh and I'm also okay with Photoshop as well.

Nudull

Banned

Am I still in the club?

Kris Anka and Kevin Wada were recently working on a Marvel Swimsuit Special, but they pulled the plug on it. Equal opportunity sexual objectification is a no-go folks
Yeah I remember seeing Wada post lots of those drawings on tumblr. He posts a lot of things on there if anyone's a fan of his work.

Him and Anka are total BFFs

I think for me it is Sandman with 5. I bought some issue floppies, bought the original run of trades, then the reprint trades, then the Absolute Editions, then the digital copies of the run on CMX
Prolly Sex Criminals. I jumped in during one of the Comixology sales last year and picked up the first five issues. Then I bought the trade when it came out and then I got another digital copy from the Humble Bundle. Thinking bout getting Big Hard Sex Crims too...

I'm generally good at avoiding buying multiple physical trades and stuff, but I did post about how I accidentally ended up with an extra copy of Batman and Son despite owning the Black Glove Deluxe Edition which includes it as well. I might also get the Hawkeye Omnibus when that comes out even though I own the trades and a bunch of the floppies.

I also own the first two trades and hardcover for Saga digitally and I haven't read any of the series. Pretty bad lol

I don't know how much I could honestly contribute but I'd definitely give it a listen if this were to work out. I'd love to be part of one once it actually gets going!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I'm in, but only if Zombine tells more tanning stories and if we can talk about ALL of our favorite cover gimmicks from the 90s.

I'm not even 3 years into the hobby but I own all the floppies and trades of Snyders Batman. Even double dipped on trades because I bought TPB at first.

As far as the podcast goes, I would like to do it some weeks, but only weeks were books I feel like I'm qualified to talk about.

tim1138

Glow in the dark? Holy shit, I have never seen a glow in the dark floppy. Was that as big as foil covers, polybags, etc.?

Goblin gangbang.

I remember Ghost Rider, the Spectre, and Venom having glow in the dark covers. If I still have any I'll snap some photos this weekend.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I think the only comic I've bought twice is Batman & Son. I bought the TPB then bought the Deluxe Edition (that also included Black Glove). And I've read it like four times, so it justifies being bought twice.

I'm pretty sure I'd be totally up for doing this. This really should happen.

I do freelance photography and video for events or special occasions for families. While I just work a regular picture camera DURING those events, I'm the one that edits and makes the movies afterwards. I also know several recording programs in case we do this through skype or whatever.

A fellow photographer, eh? We would be good roommates.

I'm in, but only if Zombine tells more tanning stories and if we can talk about ALL of our favorite cover gimmicks from the 90s.

Seconded. Oh, and if I can stay silent while you all talk about your floppies. But then talk a lot about sewn binding when you start talking about OHCs.

tim1138

I'd be down for this too, especially if we talk about 90s gimmick covers

good luck if you all can put it all together. I don't read comics the month they come out, nor do I think i have the work ethic and dedication to do a regular podcast.

Cheska

DUDE, RIGHT ON! This is exactly what I meant :)

Am I still in the club?

Awesome. More than anything I think it's imperative that everyone get along and quite honestly has charisma while talking.

We talked about getting together for some Skype sessions to make sure it would even work. There are a lot of members that regularly contribute to this thread, and if enough of us are interested, there may not be room for everyone, so I don't want feelings to be hurt.

Things to consider if you want to be part of this:

1. Read comics, duh :p
2. Will likely have to pitch in if we need to pay for hosting or whatever
3. Not be too shy to talk with a group of people

This is totally still up in the air, but I know from my personal experience, I've loved being part of a podcast, and I think it would be super fun if we started one.

Nudull

Banned
I don't know what my money situation would be like by the time we have to chip in, if it comes to that, but I'll do my best.

Also, did I add any of you on Skype? I can just make a seperate account for the podcast.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
We talked about getting together for some Skype sessions to make sure it would even work. There are a lot of members that regularly contribute to this thread, and if enough of us are interested, there may not be room for everyone, so I don't want feelings to be hurt.

2. Will likely have to pitch in if we need to pay for hosting or whatever
3. Not be too shy to talk with a group of people

This is totally still up in the air, but I know from my personal experience, I've loved being part of a podcast, and I think it would be super fun if we started one.

If we end up with too many people, I'll happily be the first one to free up some space. I'm far from a charismatic talker. And I usually prefer to just listen when I'm in a group. Haha
So yeah, if you need people, I'm totally in, but if you need people gone, feel free to kick me out of there.

Zero probably, I own the issues, trades, digitally and plan to own the hardcover collections if they make them.

I remember Ghost Rider, the Spectre, and Venom having glow in the dark covers. If I still have any I'll snap some photos this weekend.

hehe
LzbEzzRl.jpg

Sweet, I'm in!

ah, i'm out guys

Filthy Slug

Glory was great. It does not get enough recognition.

For me, it was Sandman. I bought most of the floppies, I had the TPBs and I have the Absolutes. Im a little tempted to get the Omnibi...

Bought the first omnibus for an ex. I wanted to trade my glue-y absolutes for it so fucking bad.

So I am reading Age of Ultron and I have a question. When the event starts, everything has already gone to shit. Certain heroes are dead, the cities are destroyed. Is there other material I should have read that explains how those things happened? Or is it just an isolated thing that will explain itself throughout the event?

PsychBat!

Banned
So I am reading Age of Ultron and I have a question. When the event starts, everything has already gone to shit. Certain heroes are dead, the cities are destroyed. Is there other material I should have read that explains how those things happened? Or is it just an isolated thing that will explain itself throughout the event?
It's an isolated thing. All we know is that they are dead and the whole place is hell. It won't explain itself the farther it goes though. Good luck getting through it. :)

I don't know if I can edit audio or anything like that, but I might be able to host the early episodes on my site. Plus I'm a highly opinionated artist. :D

I'm going to throw this out there, but I think starting with maybe recording 1 every 2 weeks, and even having like 2 regular hosts, and maybe 2 or 3 rotating members would be a good idea.

Tizoc

Is it me or are the other JLers just behave differently around Bruce/Batman mostly? With others they seem more...civil, I'm basing this off the latest Batman and Robin issue.

Thanks. I like it so far.

I liked the first few issues pretty much right until they send
Luke Cage and She Hulk up to do whatever they did.
The setting was cool and Bryan Hitch was killing it. But then story shifts focus like 3 times after that. It became a huge mess. It felt like it had been rewritten a handful of times with different objectives after the first two issues came out.

MG310

Man why did they even cut off Hellion's hands

Right up there with "Well, we have to do something dramatic, oh, I know, let's have Cameron Hodge cut off Karma's leg before he disappears for another 2 decades and nobody notices"

Hey Messi, BBTS just added Bombshell Batwoman and Robert Valley Art of War Wonder Woman to their site for pre-orders. :D

Ordered her and Lois. I had no idea Hawkgirl was out next month either but there's at least 2 Marvel Legends sets out next month so might skip out on her for a bit.

So I finished Age of Ultron. It was great for the first couple of issues. Then it was not as great but still good. And then I got to the ending. Fucking wut.

I don't think I contribute to this thread enough to be a regular member. But if you ever need a guest, I read a ton of comics, feel comfortable being in groups, and actually ran a podcast with a buddy of mine for about 15 episodes.

Top Bottom