• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gonna pick up the Sleeper omnibus along with PunkRockPaperScissors. Just really feelin that.

Zombine

Banned
And I guess with your love of zombies Zombine would love RR. And I think Zoe is Terry's favorite character in the series

I've been powering through Rachael Rising all morning and I'm not going to stop. The only break I'm taking is to go to the gym and to read Wolfsmund.

Kipp

I've been powering through Rachael Rising all morning and I'm not going to stop. The only break I'm taking is to go to the gym and to read Wolfsmund.

Tempted to pick up Wolfsmund, especially since I've been really enjoying Batmanga... But I don't know if I want to go down that rabbit hole.

Edit: Sleeper and PunkRockPaperScissors order placed. I'm back, baby.

Kipp

hmmm

So far i noticed two black marks below her hairband above each eye, maybe it's supposed to be hair coming down, but that didn't show on the box. Also, note the Kamandi vol 1 small omnibus thing i bought from Amazon and never read.

Funny that you mentioned the Kamandi omnibus. That was the first thing I noticed when I looked at the picture. So jealous that you got that supposedly before it went OOP.

Nice statue, too.

So I went and sold some comics at half price books and picked up the following

X Statix omnibus
Ultimates vol 1 OHC
Lazarus vol 1
Mind the Gap vol 1
Umbral vol 1
Luther Strode vol 1
Spider-Man: Black Cat from BND.

All for $13.

Thanks old comics!

Owzers

also noticed wonder woman's sword has a brighter silver paint mark/blotch on it like they used the wrong color in the area. Nope, can't let it bother me this soooo doesn't bother me everything is okay.

also noticed wonder woman's sword has a brighter silver paint mark/blotch on it like they used the wrong color in the area. Nope, can't let it bother me this soooo doesn't bother me everything is okay.

If you look close enough at any statue you ever buy, you could probably find something that is not perfect. I have touched up some statues with markers because the paint wasn't applied correctly, the paint had a small scratch, plastic was scuffed. These things are never 100%.

Bros! I've been trying to think since yesterday who this Gwen statue looks like.... It's not the same as the face sculpt they've been showing with the prototype, I just couldn't think of it, but it's finally come to me....

IMAG0062.jpg

Winona Ryder!

Original Sculpt:

Owzers

If you look close enough at any statue you ever buy, you could probably find something that is not perfect. I have touched up some statues with markers because the paint wasn't applied correctly, the paint had a small scratch, plastic was scuffed. These things are never 100%.

While this seems reasonable, I now think this is your cover story you tell people while DC sends you all the perfect statues. Whatever deal you two have worked out...we will find out about it.

While this seems reasonable, I now think this is your cover story you tell people while DC sends you all the perfect statues. Whatever deal you two have worked out...we will find out about it.

DC Direct has a secret skype channel where they let their preferred customers select their own pieces. Sorry I can't tell you more. :O

Zombine

Banned
Hopefully when my Gwen comes it looks better than Freeza's mess face sculpt. I'm so disappointed in that face and I've been waiting on this thing since forever.

MG310

Bros! I've been trying to think since yesterday who this Gwen statue looks like.... It's not the same as the face sculpt they've been showing with the prototype, I just couldn't think of it, but it's finally come to me....

Winona Ryder!

Original Sculpt:

It does!
100 percent okay with that.

Kipp

Internet 3.0, now Absolute sized!

In all its glory. Immortalized forever in an Absolute Edition.
It deserves its place in history.

I'm very happy that I have that issue in the super-oversized format. More for me to get a good laugh out of.

Zombine

Banned
Korupt!

You don't like it? I think she looks awesome. Maybe different than prototype-face, but she looks good.

It's okay I guess, I just liked prototype a lot more. It's strange, the new head sculpt looks like it would use more material than the smaller prototype face. I'm in this for the Zombie head though.

ezgif-4346102030rj34.gif

Haven't been that disappointed by the artist selection on a Morrison bat-book since that Cowboy Batman issue Cameron Stewart dropped out of and replaced with some jobber from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic

RoBW4sketches2.jpg

batquit.jpg

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

MG310

Not quite baller status but a welcome addition to the collection.

Ended up paying about the original retail for her. Seems like as usual Catwoman and Harley have gotten pricey.

DSCN3952.jpg

Kipp

Haven't been that disappointed by the artist selection on a Morrison bat-book since that Cowboy Batman issue Cameron Stewart dropped out of and replaced with some jobber from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

Oh my goodness. I didn't know about that. That's horrifically disappointing. That was my most anticipated RoBW issue too when I was first reading it.

Also, JC, I made your new avatar for you. No need to thank me.

ibdV9oHkFXA05K.png

You know how Quitely impressed everyone by being able to so clearly show the emotions of the animals on their faces in We3?
This dude in Internet 3.0 took it to the next level. You can see that dog's whole life in its eyes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Not quite baller status but a welcome addition to the collection.

Ended up paying about the original retail for her. Seems like as usual Catwoman and Harley have gotten pricey.

DSCN3952.jpg

Quite literally, a bust.

Messi

My store got the hot toys Spider-man back in stock...shit. It was meant to be?

Adam Hughes cover for Betty & Veronica is just perfect

ryU6tyfl.jpg

Can't unsee
Katchoo and Francine, its even something they would do lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
almost caught up with the X books (on MU of course) so I can then move on to avengers stuff.

Ive said my piece on the new WATXM, same cast, but something feels "off", I cant explain it.

Uncanny continues to be a weird book, I want to like it but something doesnt click. Im excited at the possibility of Dazzler joining tho.

Amazing X-Men is fun. Its the one that feels most like old school X-Men, and while the 2 or 3 issues after the first Nightcrawler arc were bad filler, Im liking this Wendigo Outbreak arc. I really like the idea of a Wendigo outbreak, and Im a Alpha Flight fanboy.

X-Men im still a few books behind, that one is alright. its not bad but its also nothing special.

X-Force Im super behind because I still havent read most of Uncanny X-Force (the reboot after remender) or Cable & The X-Force

Anyway, one question. I read Uncanny X-Men 23, which is supposed to be a Original Sin tie in (at least it has the Original Sin logo at the top), but as far as I can tell, it has NOTHING to do with the event... is this just a oddity or do the tie-ins not really have much to do with the main OS event?

The issue in question is called the will and testament of charles xavier. Unless the one random new mutant that blows up a town aparently has something to do with OS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The original sin tie in for Uncanny X-Men revealed Xaviers secret to the X-Men in that issue.

there was nothing revealed in this issue, and theres nothing revealed in the next (#24) either from a review I just read. At least the review also said that while its a tie-in with OS, it has nothing to do with that event, so I dont feel bad about reading it now without starting the event. the tie-ins last for 3 issues tho, so maybe youre thinking of the third when I assume the big secret is finally revealed

also, its probably me not knowing exactly what Original Sin really is, but I thought it was just a whodunit about who killed
The Watcher
. How the fuck does that stretch out to a million books?

Rhaknar

Because at a point in the Event, a "truth-bomb" was set off
and everybody remembered now a secret sin.

lol a truth bomb

did Magik tell Emma "yo you dress like a skank"

wait so does Magik >_>

Annihilation Conquest

So... when did Groot start the "i am meme" thing? Because he was perfectly normal in AC Starlord, then, suddenly....

Top Bottom