• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Sorry Messi, it's a custom:
iphone-20150121191326-5-noscale.jpg

Poison Ivy and Hipster Batgirl can be seen here.

Damn, expensive month and I've ordered just 3 comics. But I got to pre-order Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, so that is nice.

Off Topic: This Daytripper comic is rather awesome.

Oh, Annihilation Conquest Starlord is really good. Surprised by the dialogue. Giffen was doing very well at the time indeed.

Good change of pace from AC Quasar. Dear god that thing.

Yeah, Conquest Starlord is great. Love the art too. Love the art.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Off Topic: This Daytripper comic is rather awesome.

I really need to read that again. I think it was the second comic I ever read after Y: The Last Man and I absolutely loved it. In fact, I read the whole series in one sitting. Which is absolutely nuts for me. And back then I was even worse at reading a lot at a time. Like, I went through Y: The Last Man one issue a day pretty much.

So is Hickman's run on FF a good comics run? Or simply a good FF run? I know his Avengers/New Avengers stuff is relevant to the upcoming event but was the FF run good for anyone or pretty much just fans of FF to start with?

Owzers

So is Hickman's run on FF a good comics run? Or simply a good FF run? I know his Avengers/New Avengers stuff is relevant to the upcoming event but was the FF run good for anyone or pretty much just fans of FF to start with?

One of Marvel's best comic runs, thanks to Hickman. I'm not a big Fantastic Four fan mainly because i haven't read many good Fantastic Four books, but Hickman's run is a favorite of mine.

It's good comics. In terms of FF runs, it's up there with Byrne and Waid/Wieringo. King Kirby and Stan are still untouchable though. Without that run, there's no Marvel Universe to reinvent in Secret Wars. I kind of wish they'd remember that in this age of moviez.

I miss Mike Wieringo's art. Man was talented. I absolutely love that "Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four" mini he did with Jeff Parker:

Cheska

So since we talked about it, here's my skype handle (in e-mail tags, quote to see) if we want to get some chats set up. Added those of you who PM'd me or posted your name in here.

Owzers

Episode 2 is awful. Hate it with me.

I don't know if i'm getting past episode 1. It was intriguing until the show unraveled, they lost my support after
the public lost support of the prime minister after they cut off the princesses finger. Really, that's the tipping point for being okay with your leader giving in to terrorism? Nah, not buying it.

You're making it sound like it doesn't get better. Just read the write-up for episode 2 and damnnnnn is this what this series is? This show is like the opposite of Girly Hijinks

Owzers

I saw season 2 first. And I liked it a lot more. So try skipping ahead to the next season for better episodes.

*sees pig avatar after just watching the first episode*

i managed to read one comic after staring at the paint imperfection blotch on wonder woman statue's sword, Walking Dead #136 :
I'm not buying Carl being so warm to the person that just helped kill a bunch of their people, doesn't seem like a Carl thing to do, but maybe i'm forgetting past things he's done like this.
Random 5/10, iffy issue, really slow going.

I don't know if i'm getting past episode 1. It was intriguing until the show unraveled, they lost my support after
the public lost support of the prime minister after they cut off the princesses finger. Really, that's the tipping point for being okay with your leader giving in to terrorism? Nah, not buying it.

You're making it sound like it doesn't get better. Just read the write-up for episode 2 and damnnnnn is this what this series is? This show is like the opposite of Girly Hijinks

Are you guys on Battleworld or something? What dimensions are these? Episode 1 is the worst of the lot but 2 on are some of the best television I've ever seen. Ep 1 of S2 is by far the best episode of television I've ever seen.

Zombine

Banned
Are you guys on Battleworld or something? What dimensions are these? Episode 1 is the worst of the lot but 2 on are some of the best television I've ever seen. Ep 1 of S2 is by far the best episode of television I've ever seen.

Nah man, Episode 2 was some tinfoil hat soilent green type bullshit. I understand what they were going for, but that reality show/money/slaves to media/tech bullshit is so tired. Episode 3 is the height of that show. What a tragic and flawlessly executed piece of television. No wonder RDJ picked it up for a feature film.

So since we talked about it, here's my skype handle (in e-mail tags, quote to see) if we want to get some chats set up. Added those of you who PM'd me or posted your name in here.

I'll add you! I know PsychBat posted his too so I'll add him too. My skype name (quote to see):

And I know PsychBat suggest it already but we could just have a general skype chat set up to just shoot the shit or something too. I'm on Skype pretty much all the time I'm on my computer so it's easier than IRC for me.

Nah man, Episode 2 was some tinfoil hat soilent green type bullshit. I understand what they were going for, but that reality show/money/slaves to media/tech bullshit is so tired. Episode 3 is the height of that show. What a tragic and flawlessly executed piece of television. No wonder RDJ picked it up for a feature film.

2.1 is so far beyond 1.3's baby hatchling attempts at flying or even opening its rubbery little beak its almost unfair to compare them.

RDJ. Great judge. And yes, I'm purposely using the word judge to prove that he is almost always bad at choosing things.

Except that one time. :)

Cheska

I'll add you! I know PsychBat posted his too so I'll add him too. My skype name (quote to see):

And I know PsychBat suggest it already but we could just have a general skype chat set up to just shoot the shit or something too. I'm on Skype pretty much all the time I'm on my computer so it's easier than IRC for me.

Fuck yeah Skype sessions! :D Get on it people.

Batman week!

My BuyList via Comics Day App
Sub Total for 14 items: $49.88
Discount @15%: $7.48
Sales Tax @0.0%: $0.00
Total: $42.40
AQUAMAN #38 $2.99
BATMAN #38 $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #43 $2.99
CATWOMAN #38 $2.99
DEATHSTROKE #4 $2.99
GOTHAM ACADEMY #4 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #3 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #14 $2.99
MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK #1 $7.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #39 (WEEKLY) $2.99
ALEX + ADA #12 $2.99
BITCH PLANET #2 (MR) $3.50
REVIVAL #27 (MR) $3.99
SEX CRIMINALS #10 (MR) $3.50
0 items priced 'Please Inquire':
End of BuyList

Caught up on "The Fade Out", great looking book but the mystery has gone no where. Also I really like how a book can be kind of informative about how things were done back then. Like how "Three" revealed that Spartan soldiers owned slaves that would carry their equipment into battle.

Damn it...

Sex Criminals #10 and Effigy #1, hell yea. New Danger Club is out for the first time in like, what, 2 years? yeah i'm tradewaiting that now

:O

Almost forgot list list!

Catwoman #38
Gotham Academy #4
Harley Quinn #14
Alex + Ada #12
Bitch Planet #2
Casanova Acedia #1
Revival #27
Sex Criminals #10
Thor #4
Uncanny Avengers #1
Uncanny X-Men #30

I didn't see we were adding it here, I pmed mine to cheska but I'll had it here too (skype name that is)

Tyrant I tried to add you but there's a lot of people with that in their skype name and I have no idea which one you are, and I couldn't find PsychoBat's post with his name.

I didn't see we were adding it here, I pmed mine to cheska but I'll had it here too (skype name that is)

Tyrant I tried to add you but there's a lot of people with that in their skype name and I have no idea which one you are, and I couldn't find PsychoBat's post with his name.

I'll add you! I'll put you in the group chat too

Owzers

Batman and Robin #38: I like The Walking Dead and especially future King Carl. In the comic series he's tougher than any child aught to be which is why he will rule the world one day. For the television show, they opted to make him a regular semi-annoying kid who happens to wear a cowboy hat from time to time, fairly unremarkable on a weekly basis. He is no king of mine. Which brings me to Batman and Robin and the difference between Tomasi and Morrison Damian, and again, i only like one of them. I might give the series a few more issues to win me over but i'm sure i will only be reminded that this isn't the character I like, he only looks like him. Random 7/10 for still being a good issue on its own merits, even if slightly annoying.

Rocket Racoon #7: Another okay, but somewhat flat issue without Young art which was the selling point to begin with. I think i'm dropping it.......In this issue
Groot and rocket get stuck on a cold world and get attacked by large animals, some ice person saves them but not after Groot gets bitten. Both get whisked away over several pages of mostly empty icy pages to the ice person's home where we find out Groot has been poisoned...and will die. Though ice person did mention a possible way to cure Groot, it will be dangerous and several pages later and Groot and ice person are on an adventure to save Groot.
Much like last issue most of the pages just pass on by in an unremarkable fashion outside of a couple witty lines from Rocket. It's not as bad as issue #6 but that qualifier lets you know it's getting a random 5/10

Also, paper quality?

I might drop a book just because of this.

Tizoc

It's considered one of the best but I personally tie it with Mark Waid's F4 run as the best.
I recommend starting with Mark Waid's run then reading Hickman's.

Only reason anyone would recommend Hickman's run first is because it was the most recent and Hickman's been very relevant in Marvel comics lately :p

Black Mirror made me feel weird and bad about myself and the world, some dark shit. That being said, I liked the season two episodes a lot more, specifically White Bear, one of the only ones I'd go back and watch a second time.

Top Bottom