• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I don't want to freak anyone out or give false hope but Hawkeye #21 is on the February 4th release list.
rh6DNR1.gif

I got Marvel Unlimited a week or so ago, so I've been reading some older stuff. Just finished Spider-Man Reign. It wasn't very good. Was trying way, way too hard to be Dark Knight Returns and failed. It was okay, but I expected a bit more.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just finished the Death of Wolverine OHC... While its far from beeing a great story and when you think of Wolverines status its quite unworthy for a "Death of..." Story, I thought it was not that bad how you all make it.

The way he died in the end was really shitty, but I am now really interested in reading Souls whole Wolverine Run.

And it was quiete a short read. Took me just about 20 minutes.

Some at work reading!

Justice League #38: The Amazo Virus arc has been amazoing. The revelation that Lex
had already tried to use the virus on Superman
was awesome. The art continues to be gorgeous.

Wonder Woman #38: Things continue to degrade on Themyscara, with Diana's conflicting roles of God of War, Justice League member, and Queen of the Amazons coming to a head. Fascinating role reversal between Diana and Donna has me intrigued

Teen Titans #6: Nu Power Girl origin story redux; Only I don't remember it being exactly that way? I was sure
it was an accident not on purpose.
Also, what is in STAR Labs Vault?

Green Lantern New Guardians #38: A little down time with Kyle and Carol hashing some things out. Can I say I really am enjoying them together? Surprise reveal of
Oblivion's return
isn't all that surprising but it feels appropriate none the less.

Weeklies on the plate. Been a thoroughly solid week so far.

arkon

My man.

I really need to create a sequel to the 4-panel Official Omnibus Reading Position comic. It will be a 4-panel comic depicting the Official Omnibus Waiting Position.

The final panel should blatantly be similar to that one with Darkseid in his chair.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The final panel should blatantly be similar to that one with Darkseid in his chair.

Oooh yes. Good call.
Edit: Drawing tablet is out. This is happening.

Man, I still NEED a Darkseid sitting on a couch/chair statue. I guarantee that I would buy that.

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to give a shout-out to the best tumblr ever created.

What sorts of jobs do you fine ComicGaf people have?
I am not for one second suggesting some people have easier jobs or don't work hard. I just find it interesting to hear about what sort of people use frequent this thread and people reading in work. When people read in work is it just at break/lunch time or are there jobs where there is a fair bit of down time and you can read in between busier times? If so, I think I want one of those jobs.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I am not for one second suggesting some people have easier jobs or don't work hard. I just find it interesting to hear about what sort of people use frequent this thread and people reading in work. When people read in work is it just at break/lunch time or are there jobs where there is a fair bit of down time and you can read in between busier times? If so, I think I want one of those jobs.

I'm with you. I had a retail job for the past four years, so no chance of browsing the thread at work. And now I just got a job sitting at a computer all day and I STILL can't browse GAF at work, since 1) I'm constantly doing work stuff and 2) my manager sits literally 5 feet away from me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I work in the IT service in a german administration... And for the next 4 weeks, my boss told me to do nothing regular and just to wait if something will happen (what is very unlikely)...

I could do whatever I want.

Zombine

Banned

My day job is easy as hell with maybe 5 hours of down time. My second job is entertainment media related so browsing around is part of the job. Also, when I'm at work at my second job I'm my own boss, so I'm in a room by myself and nobody bothers me. I just go dark on Friday nights because I would prefer to get my stuff done as fast as humanly possible to enjoy my Friday evening.

Walmart Warrior.

Nightshift retail where the work gets done about halfway through the night and the rest of the time is more or less free to do whatever. Many nights it's basically housitting a store. This has meant alot of time left for reading comics or doing college work.

I work in the IT service in a german administration... And for the next 4 weeks, my boss told me to do nothing regular and just to wait if something will happen (what is very unlikely)...

I could do whatever I want.

Your Avatar is appropriate for both comics and your job! :D

I'm a cost accountant for a industrial steel rings & pots company. I have my own office, with the computer facing away from the screen so I could be looking at anything and can minimize it before people walk in.

Zombine

Banned
I'm a cost accountant for a industrial steel rings & pots company. I have my own office, with the computer facing away from the screen so I could be looking at anything and can minimize it before people walk in.

Hook me up with some pots. I'm sure you can factor it into the budget.

Tizoc

I'm an Airlines Call Center Rep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

nightshift (midnight to eight) at a hotel, which during the winter is literally half the time of downtime with nothing to do. summer time its busy even during the night, but these winter months, yeesh

nightshift (midnight to eight) at a hotel, which during the winter is literally half the time of downtime with nothing to do. summer time its busy even during the night, but these winter months, yeesh

The bad news. I opened the wrong tab up and there was a mixup on the room reservation. The good news? You're now subscribed to Marvel Unlimited.

Sou Da

Library IT. I get a lot of time at the help desk and some trades to read on breaks :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What he means is that IT can be a thankless job and you have to deal with a lot of morons who can't perform simple functions, while requesting things that aren't technically feasible. GH is assuming that you face palm on a regular basis.
:D Ah, yeah, thats true (most the time I facepalm for my coworks who arent able to write correct tickets :D)

tim1138

Legal Research Librarian. I post in the thread on my phone when I have some down time, but that's it. I am 100% digital on my monthly comics and do the bulk of my reading on my lunch break and on the bus going to and from work.

Whoah, some interesting jobs there, and what a variety! I am a psychologist, so most of my time is spent working directly with others. When I am not working directly with people I am probably writing reports/contacting other professionals, writing or delivering training and all that sort of stuff, which takes up a lot of time and leaves little time to actually read anything non work related. Any down time I do have is spent drinking coffee and talking with coworkers...I also browse NeoGaf as well...

I rarely get a chance to read comics in my free time, but I do love to read them when I get the chance, and I have a nice collection of graphic novels and trade paperbacks as well as some floppies (although I traded a lot of the ones I had doubled up on when I moved house).

I also used to work in a comic shop...worked there for years and loved it, it was part time and I was always studying so no time to read on the job (except on Boxing Day, when I took the opportunity of the down time to read a bit). In the shop I worked in the staff loved comics and most things pop culture related, but what we didn't do was read comics when on shift, of course we did at lunch, but not during working hours

Data analyst. Small company, so I get to/have to do a lot of other stuff too. Don't read comics at work but I do take short breaks to browse the internet/post to gaf.

I work in a kitchen for a delivery/catering company as a line cook. I've had a lot of down time recently cause our kitchen is being remodeled.

Software engineer manager

Amazed how much I am enjoying the Mayo Report Podcast. These things are like 2 hours of discussing the monthly sales chart. It's actually really fascinating stuff.

On the other hand the most recent episode of Talking Comics was pretty bad. Eyerolled so hard at the "Marvel isn't one of the Big 2, it's Image and DC". Lolwut.

Messi

Amazed how much I am enjoying the Mayo Report Podcast. These things are like 2 hours of discussing the monthly sales chart. It's actually really fascinating stuff.

On the other hand the most recent episode of Talking Comics was pretty bad. Eyerolled so hard at the "Marvel isn't one of the Big 2, it's Image and DC". Lolwut.

Most recent episode of talking comics was one of the worst in recent times. I say that as someone who really enjoys it. But Bobby called her on that statement when she made it. Stef was really annoying in that episode too.

Zombine

Banned
First chapter of Wolfsmund vol 2 is the first time where I don't feel gutted that
the central characters will probably die a horrible death.

Most recent episode of talking comics was one of the worst in recent times. I say that as someone who really enjoys it. But Bobby called her on that statement when she made it. Stef was really annoying in that episode too.

I'm relatively new to it. Probably listened to a dozen or so. It's usually pretty decent. But yeah. Lol, that episode, man. Lol. I could also do with a little less hipster event fatigue. We get it. We all hate events. But we all buy and read them so let's just move on about it. :p

First chapter of Wolfsmund vol 2 is the first time where I don't feel gutted that
the central characters will probably die a horrible death.

I'm not saying anything. But get back to me when you get there. You'll know what I'm talking about. Fuck the writer / artist of that series. There is a special place in Hell for him, lol.

Animator, but where I'm at right now is very slow. Hell the assignment I'm on right now is like a 3 day thing and they told me to take 2 - 3 weeks with it, so yeah, some downtime right now.

Retail warrior at a pet store

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I'm a technical writer and copy editor at a medical software engineering joint. I work in an "open" office, so basically everybody can creep on everybody else, and I'm sure people in the office catch me in this thread 18x a day. I get shit done but in between I always need to hit up comicsgaf or wherever and take a few breaks to stop obsessing over grammar and to stop writing like a robot.

Top Bottom