• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Owzers

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://www.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

i like rating things.

Neoxon

Yeah the problem is two of there main Avengers writers obviously hate his guts, several of there work horse writers don't like him either. He has a tough road ahead if they don't change the way they approach him.
This is why I think they'll use Secret Wars to revive Richard,
or more specifically least get him out of the Cancerverse
. They'll probably let Sam exist in the All-New Marvel initiative, but given the writers that hate Kid Nova, they'd probably want to at least offer an alternative.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Read Uncanny X-Force, loved it. Haven't read Uncanny Avengers yet though, gonna start that soon though. Thanks for the advice.

Avengers is better, and I'm the biggest X fanboy around here, that's how good it is

I feel like there was a twitter tag awhile back by a bunch of authors espousing Rachel Rising and telling people to go buy the tpbs. I read the first 3 awhile back. Haven't grabbed 4 or 5 yet though.

LOL good god wtf has happened since I've been gone.

ComicGAF's monthly Dick appreciation.

Vozk9Kb.jpg

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Facebook Login for the easylolz. Rated you breh. Nice lil' bump.

LOL good god wtf has happened since I've been gone.

2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Any idea if Rachel Rising is going to be wrapping up soon? Or does it seem like it's going to be going for a while still?

Man, you brahs Freeza shit a lot more than I do these days.

Haha this reminds me of many scenes in sitcoms where they introduce a character with a nickname and the character responds to the nickname by saying 'it was one time!'

i like rating things.
I legit lol'd at your response. A random score has a good chance at improving my rating hahah

Ordered fantastic four by Hickman vol 1 omnibus. Wanted it before it went out of print. Stoked.
Nice. I recently bought mine too since I was worried it will get super expensive soon.

Kipp

i've been humble bundle waiting Rachel Rising, or omnibus/digital sale once the series ends. Seemed interesting.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the inevitable omnibus too. Every single Terry Moore creator-owned series gets an omnibus, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to wait for an omnibus.

Any idea if Rachel Rising is going to be wrapping up soon? Or does it seem like it's going to be going for a while still?

I think it will be going for awhile. 24 was the original ending spot but due to interest he decided to extend the series. I think he had other ideas but was unsure how he felt about the series and how it would do when he started.

Hard to say how long though I mean if we look at his other works for comparison...SiP at 109 and Echo at 30. RR is now at 30/31 so could be maybe 48 total or who knows.

Kipp

I think it will be going for awhile. 24 was the original ending spot but due to interest he decided to extend the series. I think he had other ideas but was unsure how he felt about the series and how it would do when he started.

Hard to say how long though I mean if we look at his other works for comparison...SiP at 109 and Echo at 30. RR is now at 30/31 so could be maybe 48 total or who knows.

Good to know. Thanks

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

I made a twitter to rate it for you!

And Freeza I finally inspected your waifu cabinet... I see one shelf with Meiko, Hana, and Shinobu?! 10/10 would friend again

Bii

Terry More + Twin Peaks + Pretty
Dead
Girls + Salem Witch Trials + Biblical Demons + Terry Moore Dialogue + Steven King

I don't like bad things.

I'm not familiar with Terry Moore's work... <_<

I did read the few issues he did for Runaways and thought that was forgettable.

Since Bii was curious, here's what I'm rolling with right now. 2 detolfs and a billy from IKEA. Crappy cell-phone pics, plus it's night so the lighting isn't so hot.

I'm planning to do some dusting and swap out some figures this weekend (I can't possibly display everything I own all at once, and I don't want this taking over the entire house), so I'll get around to posting some better shots next week.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I don't have enough figures to fill up a bookcase right now but good to know/see how many figures can fit on one shelf of a Billy bookcase.

A few random questions for Comics GAF. I am currently debating going pretty much 100% digital with my comics purchases going forward so I have a few random questions:

1. Regarding Marvel Unlimited I could've sworn there used to be a $69.99 / year option, but I am checking out the store and there only seems to be the $99.99 / year option available. Did they get rid of the cheaper option?

2. I am assuming that Comixology and Humble Bundle are the primary online retailers for digital books? Are there any other outlets I should keep an eye on?

3. Is there a site that tracks Comixology or Humble Bundle sales data? Would like to do a little research to see what kind of price drops to expect.

Thanks!

I have no idea at this point. It was going to wrap up issue #24 due to sales and story (Honestly the whole thing reads like a series ended). Then it got a second wind and I'm not sure how long it'll go. I think some of this second wind is because the series was picked up for a TV show option. And it's moved more to Zoe as the focus but it needs more JET!!! And dopey nice morgue guy

I got chyu bro.

A few random questions for Comics GAF. I am currently debating going pretty much 100% digital with my comics purchases going forward so I have a few random questions:

1. Regarding Marvel Unlimited I could've sworn there used to be a $69.99 / year option, but I am checking out the store and there only seems to be the $99.99 / year option available. Did they get rid of the cheaper option?

2. I am assuming that Comixology and Humble Bundle are the primary online retailers for digital books? Are there any other outlets I should keep an eye on?

3. Is there a site that tracks Comixology or Humble Bundle sales data? Would like to do a little research to see what kind of price drops to expect.

Thanks!

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited

This link has the $69 signup option.

Bii

Thanks!

It's $69 for Marvel Unlimited sub. The $99 is for Marvel Unlimited Plus, where it gives you some bonus items. Have you used Marvel Unlimited before?

Kipp

The need to re-read Doom Patrol has overcome me.

Thank you, fellas!

I rated it, but wasn't going to bother you and ask for an avatar... But now I kinda really want a Robotman (from Doom Patrol) avatar...

Here's a reference pic. It'd be great if he could have the dented up head (and if the avatar included more than just his head, which I'm not saying it should but if it does, then that vest as well). And if you need more references, pretty much any Richard Case-drawn Robotman will work.

I feel like this is a very uneven deal. Me rating your comic (which I would've happily done even without the avatar offer) for a avatar drawn by you. I feel bad taking advantage of it. Haha. Thank you so much though!

I have no idea at this point. It was going to wrap up issue #24 due to sales and story (Honestly the whole thing reads like a series ended). Then it got a second wind and I'm not sure how long it'll go. I think some of this second wind is because the series was picked up for a TV show option. And it's moved more to Zoe as the focus but it needs more JET!!! And dopey nice morgue guy

Yup, but I don't think it needs Rachel as a main char. Good series can transition past a character who seems to be central in later stories if they have sufficient quality world building (not really comics related but Twelve Kingdoms comes to mind with the first novel focusing around Youko but later novels not touching upon her or Kou at all).

Also I probably feel like nothing will come out of the tv option with the not great showings of Resurrection and similar sounding content to the broad public.

Messi

I'm not familiar with Terry Moore's work... <_<

I did read the few issues he did for Runaways and thought that was forgettable.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I don't have enough figures to fill up a bookcase right now but good to know/see how many figures can fit on one shelf of a Billy bookcase.

Give Strangers in Paradise a read. It is incredible.

Caught up on Batman Eternal. The more I see of her, the more I can't stand Harper's design. The hair, the face piercings. The "I'm smarter than Tim Drake", It's all too much.

Top Bottom