• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

Haha--this is the best damn comic analogy I've seen in this thread.

Also, Ikea bookshelves can handle omnibus action. Those shits are just a great investment.

Like 90% of the furniture in our house is Ikea. I feel like a bomb could go off and level the house and all the Ikea stuff would still be standing, it's solid.

Yo Freeza. Post pics of your set up. I don't think I've seen it.
Been thinking about getting some Detolfs.

I'll snap some quick ones a bit later. Not going to be any fancy. It's night, so there's no great lighting, and I want to swap out some figures in the displays and do some dusting next weekend.

FML, on one day you all are discussing punisher swimsuits, and on the other it's glowing metal dicks everywhere. Next someone will be posting nightwing-damian action, for all i know.

Anyway, Nova.

Gods, this is good sci-fi.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FML, on one day you all are discussing punisher swimsuits, and on the other it's glowing metal dicks everywhere. Next someone will be posting nightwing-damian action, for all i know.

Anyway, Nova.

kid Nova?

Zombine

Banned
Got the first issue for free during the Halloween FCBD event. Haven't read it and don't plan to. Convince me. :)

Terry More + Twin Peaks + Pretty
Dead
Girls + Salem Witch Trials + Biblical Demons + Terry Moore Dialogue + Steven King

I don't like bad things.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quick, to setup my work reading

hickman FF: read the entire run and then go back to F4, or do they mix and match? I ask because I noticed they have FF costumes on F4 so...

Zombine

Banned
I'm going to get it and pretend it is about Katchoo. Can I do that?

Lol sure. I'm more compelled to read this story than SiP because it's about things that speak to me, like sexy zombies and ghosts and dead things and witches.

Also, because it doesn't feel like homework -_-

Anyway, Nova.

I've got the first issue of the original Nova comic! One of my favorite floppies that I own

I thought Kid Nova was good these days /shrug

No idea. Read a random kid nova issue from Original Sin #0, loved it.
Picked up another one at random
problems at school
problems with girls
problems with bullies
problems with absent father figure
yerp, im out.

That was a while ago, tho, could've changed.

I've got the first issue of the original Nova comic! One of my favorite floppies that I own
The heck, nova is THAT old? yeesh. Would've never guessed that he's nearing 40. Only knew him from new warriors.

quick, to setup my work reading

hickman FF: read the entire run and then go back to F4, or do they mix and match? I ask because I noticed they have FF costumes on F4 so...

Per the omnibus (2): FF 6-11, F4 600, FF 12, F4 601, FF 13, F4 602, FF 14, F4 603, FF 15, F4 604, FF 16, F4 605-605.1-606, FF 17-18, F4 607-608, FF 19-21, F4 609-610, FF 22, F4 611, FF 23.

So you read Fantastic Four until 588. Then FF to #11 Then as above

NexusCell

Alright, basically my first time posting in COMICgaf, and basically my first time actually trying to get into comics.

Got Marvel Unlimited for a month, the site is complete shit, but I make due with what I have. In any case, I've so far finished reading Uncanny X-Force/Cable and the X-Force and I'm in the middle of reading All New Xmen, X Force, Deadpool, and Ms. Marvel.

Gotta say that Deadpool and Ms. Marvel has been pretty good, All New Xmen is decent, but I've mostly been reading it because of the Ultimate universe crossover, and X-Force is especially disappointing after Uncanny and Cable, which I though were pretty good.

So what's GAF's opinion on All New Xmen and X Force anyway? I've heard of the whole "Bendis being Bendis" for Xmen but I haven't really heard anything about X Force from anywhere.

Neoxon

I heard Kid Nova's series got a lot better when Gerry Duggan took over.

I'd love to read the Abnett run, though.
Yeah, Kid Nova did improve recently, but he isn't near the heights that Abnett & Lanning took Richie.

I thought Kid Nova was good these days /shrug
It is, now at least. It's just not Richard Rider good. I'd be perfectly fine with the Kid Nova series had it not been in place of a regular Nova comic. Just get Lanning on Richie if Abnett wants to focus on Guardians 3000 (& if he's fine with multiple books, get Abnett to replace Bendis on the mainline GotG book).

Messi

Lol sure. I'm more compelled to read this story than SiP because it's about things that speak to me, like sexy zombies and ghosts and dead things and witches.

Also, because it doesn't feel like homework -_-

SiP feels like homework now? The book club failed us?

Rhaknar

Per the omnibus (2): FF 6-11, F4 600, FF 12, F4 601, FF 13, F4 602, FF 14, F4 603, FF 15, F4 604, FF 16, F4 605-605.1-606, FF 17-18, F4 607-608, FF 19-21, F4 609-610, FF 22, F4 611, FF 23.

So you read Fantastic Four until 588. Then FF to #11 Then as above

gotcha good sir

Yeah, Kid Nova did improve recently, but he isn't near the heights that Abnett & Lanning took Richie.

It is, now at least. It's just not Richard Rider good. I'd be perfectly fine with the Kid Nova series had it not been in place of a regular Nova comic. Just get Lanning on Richie if Abnett wants to focus on Guardians 3000 (& if he's fine with multiple books, get Abnett to replace Bendis on the mainline GotG book).

I was very against kid Nova in the beginning. Most specifically, Loeb's naming hard-on. It got a lot better later on though. Now, it's very much ultimate spider-man lite.

It does get dragged into all the event tie-ins though.

Zombine

Banned
SiP feels like homework now? The book club failed us?

I'm speaking more in regards to my character and how I approach my hobbies than the club itself. I don't have any set in stone reading habits. Sometimes I may find a series like Wolfsmund or Rachel Rising where I can consume issue after issue of a series in a day, and then there are times where I'm lucky if I feel like reading 3 comics in a week. I loved the idea of a book club, but life happens, and there is no way I can happily keep up with 3 issues per day. It's just too much, and it feels more like a chore than fun.

first the podcast, now the club

was the real killer of ComicsGAF Zombine and his scatterbrain attention!?!?

find out tonight at the wwe royal rumble only $9.99 from your local providers

Neoxon

I was very against kid Nova in the beginning. Most specifically, Loeb's naming hard-on. It got a lot better later on though. Now, it's very much ultimate spider-man lite.

It does get dragged into all the event tie-ins though.
I feel like that's just Loeb trying to make Kid Nova catch on. Given the sales of Kid Nova's comic, that isn't the case, hence the tie-ins (plus the New Warriors relaunch didn't work out).

I feel like that's just Loeb trying to make Kid Nova catch on. Given the sales of Kid Nova's comic, that isn't the case, hence the tie-ins (plus the New Warriors relaunch didn't work out).

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like New Warriors was doomed from the start. And I love Kaine.

You mean how Yost made him look like an arrogan self absorbed jerk or how evey other writer is writing him as moronic, incompetent when forced into an event?

Zombine

Banned

Every morning when I wake up, I take a moment to reflect on my career. I've overcome obstacles, I've crushed Giants, I've been the last man standing, I've been ComicGAF's one true hero and savior. My fans, my doubters, my promoter Robert Kirkman...they all keep me motivated to keep on winning. Sometimes my head isn't in the game, sometimes I doubt that the hand I'm dealt will beat the house, but no matter what, and I MEAAAAAAAN no matter what...I will hit, and I will get 21 and I WILL keep this team together.

Tonight, at Royal Rumble...I will be victorious. I will win, and I will be on my way to fulfilling my destiny as host and moderator of the ComicGAF podcast. ComicGAF universe, you are about to witness history in the making...and it's all possible on the WWE Network for only Nine. Ninety. Nine.

Woo woo woo...YOU KNOW IT.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Ooh. Now Zombine and I can form a supervillain team.

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Zombine

Banned
Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://www.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Link botched. I'll sign up if I have to.

tim1138

Zombine right now

image.jpg

Neoxon

You mean how Yost made him look like an arrogant self absorbed jerk, or how evey other writer is writing him as moronic & incompetent when forced into an event?
Pretty much, yeah. It didn't help people like myself when we were introduced to Kid Nova. They've been struggling to make Kid Nova work the last few years when he just hasn't been catching on. My cousin & her friends watch Ultimate Spider-Man (against my suggestion), & Kid Nova is their least favorite character on the show. He just isn't working, which is a shame considering that, as established before, his ongoing is actually improving a lot. Hell, Kid Nova was originally gonna be the main Nova of the Marvel Heroes MMO with Richard Rider as an alternate, but the developers had to switch it around due to negative fan outcry (they even got Troy Baker back to reprise his role as Richie from UMvC3).

Since Bii was curious, here's what I'm rolling with right now. 2 detolfs and a billy from IKEA. Crappy cell-phone pics, plus it's night so the lighting isn't so hot.

I'm planning to do some dusting and swap out some figures this weekend (I can't possibly display everything I own all at once, and I don't want this taking over the entire house), so I'll get around to posting some better shots next week.

Zombine

Banned
Since Bii was curious, here's what I'm rolling with right now. 2 detolfs and a billy from IKEA. Crappy cell-phone pics, plus it's night so the lighting isn't so hot.

I'm planning to do some dusting and swap out some figures this weekend (I can't possibly display everything I own all at once, and I don't want this taking over the entire house), so I'll get around to posting some better shots next week.

You keep your Waifu's in cages? You're a fucking monster.

Alright, basically my first time posting in COMICgaf, and basically my first time actually trying to get into comics.

Got Marvel Unlimited for a month, the site is complete shit, but I make due with what I have. In any case, I've so far finished reading Uncanny X-Force/Cable and the X-Force and I'm in the middle of reading All New Xmen, X Force, Deadpool, and Ms. Marvel.

Gotta say that Deadpool and Ms. Marvel has been pretty good, All New Xmen is decent, but I've mostly been reading it because of the Ultimate universe crossover, and X-Force is especially disappointing after Uncanny and Cable, which I though were pretty good.

So what's GAF's opinion on All New Xmen and X Force anyway? I've heard of the whole "Bendis being Bendis" for Xmen but I haven't really heard anything about X Force from anywhere.
Lot of people here enjoy All-New (or did? I dunno) and ElNarez I'm love with the current X-Force.

If you're ever looking for more good Marvel books, you can't go wrong with Hawkeye by Matt Fraction, Daredevil by Mard Waid, or The Superior Fors of Spider-Man. All are easy to jump into and stay great throughout.

And I'm at work but I was browsing and saw Freeza's toys and said holy fuck out loud

Pretty much, yeah. It didn't help people like myself when we were introduced to Kid Nova. They've been struggling to make Kid Nova work the last few years when he just hasn't been catching on. My cousin & her friends watch Ultimate Spider-Man (against my suggestion), & Kid Nova is their least favorite character on the show. He just isn't working, which is a shame considering that, as established before, his ongoing is actually improving a lot. Hell, Kid Nova was originally gonna be the main Nova of the Marvel Heroes MMO with Richard Rider as an alternate, but the developers had to switch it around due to negative fan outcry (they even got Troy Baker back to reprise his role as Richie from UMvC3).

Yeah the problem is two of there main Avengers writers obviously hate his guts, several of there work horse writers don't like him either. He has a tough road ahead if they don't change the way they approach him.

Top Bottom