• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

Voting now! Good luck dude!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Thanks so much guys!

Here are some avatars and a larger version of the images. Get them while they're hot!

That is INSANELY good. Thank you so much, Ed. This is really, really great. I was expecting quick-avatar-sketch quality (which would've still been great coming from you) and you gave me commission quality. You're the man.
And that finished page you posted looks fantastic also!

As for the avatar request, I wouldn't mind a Heat Huston from Fear Agent. Only if you have the time and feel like it, of coruse! :)

Excellent choice. Really looking forward to seeing this.

Tizoc

Hey so Im gonna ask a favor out of you guys. I've entered my comic into a contest at webtoons.net Part of how your comic gets judged is if people like your comic so if you guys could rate my comic at http://m.webtoons.com/challenge/episodeList?titleNo=3099 that would be highly appreciated.

Ill draw you a custom avatar as a thanks! I don't know if you have to be registered at the site to rate it but Ill draw a custom avatar for trying anyway.

I shall give it a read, and prob. just vote it to help my GAF homie.

ThyComicList

DC COMICS:
BATMAN #38
BATMAN ETERNAL #43
MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK #1

IMAGE:
BITCH PLANET #2
ZERO #14

MARVEL:
UNCANNY AVENGERS #1

Just did a quick check on my comic in the contest. Apparently, there have been over 2800 submissions. It does look like my comic is currently ranked 26th so that's not too bad! Rating is only part of what goes into consideration so I hope the judges look kindly upon my work. Thank you so much for all the support guys! I'll try to get all the avatars done this week.

Blizzard OH NOES List of our comics won't be here Wednesday probably : ( Also of holy shit this is a big expensive week.

Aquaman #38
Arkham Manor #4
Batman #38
Catwoman #38
Deathstroke #4
Earth 2 World's End #17
Flash #38
Gotham Academy #4
Gotham By Midnight #3
Harley Quinn #14
Infinity Man And The Forever People #7
Justice League Dark #38
Multiversity Guidebook #1
New 52 Futures End #39
Red Lanterns #38
Secret Origins #9
Sinestro #9

Sex Criminals #10

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just did a quick check on my comic in the contest. Apparently, there have been over 2800 submissions. It does look like my comic is currently ranked 26th so that's not too bad! Rating is only part of what goes into consideration so I hope the judges look kindly upon my work. Thank you so much for all the support guys! I'll try to get all the avatars done this week.

Good luck! You have some killer art there, very impressive.

Infinity Man and the Forever People deserved better, and hey I stuck it out with Vibe man. Noccenti Catwoman on the other hand, even I couldn't stay with that.

bengraven

When is the next Uncanny X-men coming out? The bubble-less preview I saw a few days ago is making me antsy.
Eva Bell bringing Prof X to the present.

This week?

Brand is the best comic character that most comic fans go "who?"

174585-105985-abigail-brand.jpg

Fact

Isn't she just Fire with sunglasses?

Just kidding, I really like Brand.

Infinity Man and the Forever People deserved better, and hey I stuck it out with Vibe man. Noccenti Catwoman on the other hand, even I couldn't stay with that.

Yeah but Vibe had potential.

I tried to give Infinity Man a fair chance but it just didn't do anything for me. To be fair I tend to be pretty picky with the New Gods stuff. I tend to view the various casts of Apokolips as moderately iconic but the New Gods and Forever People never really earned that same awesome factor in my eyes.

Isn't she just Fire with sunglasses?

I like your style.

Messi

You can't say you are till the bitter end if you didn't stay with Catwoman until the end. We are an exclusive club.

I miss Vibe, that book was a lot of fun and looked great when Pete Woods was drawing it.

It was, and they promised some things they never delivered on. I think the bigger issue with Vibe was they played the written for trade game. If they gave us some quick awesome short arcs word of mouth might have helped it more.

I still want the pay off of Darkseid's daughter.

tim1138

Threw some love your way, I'd love to get a Manhattan Projects Laika (pre transformation to weird humanoid form) avatar.

Boogiepop

But sci-fi does nothing for me.

It's only really "sci-fi" in the base setting. It's honestly more fantasy/adventure.

Also, I finished Hickman FF! Definitely, definitely enjoyed the run, and he did a great job of cleaning up everything neat and tidy, which was cool. So if I want more FF (though I've never been a big FF guy this run has me kind of interested), I should go back for the Waid run you guys were saying? And then to continue on with Hickman it's Infinity and then Avengers/New Avengers (which I'm totally thinking I'll just keep hoping for a nice omnibus to place things in a order that doesn't require me to flip back and forth, at least from what I hear)?

Wow I really like that feature that shows the process.

Sick, right? App's a little wonky right now, but I'm looking forward to watching the tech develop.

They put out phenomenal books. Luke Pearson's Everything We Miss is probably right behind Vimanarama for the single cannot miss comic that everyone on Earth needs to read immediately.

I assume you've all read it of course.

That's friggin awesome.. I'll get a vote in for ya,, my work computer is blocking the site so I gotta use my phone or wait tll im home

Messi

Done and happy to help

Does the avatar have to be a comic person? :D

So I just got caught up on the full run of Zero so far in (1-13) in preparation for the new issue.

What a damn good series! I love the flash backs, flash forwards(?), minimalist dialogue, gritty violence, and hints at a larger conspiracy lying just beneath the surface. Zero is such a great character, and one of the best anti-heroes in comics.

Are there any other series (Image or otherwise) that have this sort of a feel to them?

It's only really "sci-fi" in the base setting. It's honestly more fantasy/adventure.

Also, I finished Hickman FF! Definitely, definitely enjoyed the run, and he did a great job of cleaning up everything neat and tidy, which was cool. So if I want more FF (though I've never been a big FF guy this run has me kind of interested), I should go back for the Waid run you guys were saying? And then to continue on with Hickman it's Infinity and then Avengers/New Avengers (which I'm totally thinking I'll just keep hoping for a nice omnibus to place things in a order that doesn't require me to flip back and forth, at least from what I hear)?

Infinity is set in the middle of the Avengers/New Avengers run.

Voted! I'd love a Captain Britain avatar.

This is my wife's purchase. I'm not gonna lie and and say I don't enjoy it also. It does not count towards my 3 statues of the year. This is all her.

B8S3uYfCYAA1xeB.jpg

Top Bottom